Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I dont know if its happened bcoz of the patches or not but on ps5 I am not able to alter the length that much with aftertouch(pro controls) as we used to do with L1/R1 in cricket 19
there is a vast difference
I played a match on Gabba with hard and dry pitch
And it got really monotonous bcoz I had to keep bowling only the full length deliveries to hit the top off stumps
whenever I bowled good length, the ball became shorter and when i bowled yorker length the batsmen played as a full toss by coming on the front foot
even with full length I was only able to hit top of stump length
I just couldnt find the way to bowl that length which would have hit middle portion of any stump.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@SloppyMani
The difficulty you see before a match is the sliders and in 19 you used to be able to choose your custom sliders here as well, so for example I would choose ‘Test’ or ‘T20’ (not sure if you can now on 22 but I’m on Xbox and just see easiest, easy, medium, hard, hardest)

The rookie to legend difficulty is how good the AI is so in theory, you could set up a match like this;

Match difficulty - Hardest (how easy/hard it is for you to play and input your ‘skills’ i.e. the timing is more difficult, the ball quality is less forgiving etc

AI difficulty - Rookie (how good the AI is, bowl a bad ball and they will punish you on higher levels, but probably not on rookie, get it on the stumps and you’ll probably bowl them out most times on rookie, less likely on veteran etc)

So with these, it would be like, it’s hard to bowl a good consistent over, but if you do, you’re more likely to get a wicket. Compared to maybe if you had it on Easiest and Legend, which would be the opposite, it’s easy to bowl the ball where you want, but the AI can deal with it easier

This is certainly how it worked on 19 and I imagine how it should work on 22.
Yes that's how it worked in Cricket 19, our custom Slider's name would be there for us to choose and I think they've forgot to add it here considering all those problems we had with sliders in this game.

Because I just booted up a new match setting match diff to hardest and in match it just loads my custom sliders profile for everything, so right now it will work for those who don't already have their own sliders profile.

If they do have one like me, selecting that has no effect.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
I dont know if its happened bcoz of the patches or not but on ps5 I am not able to alter the length that much with aftertouch(pro controls) as we used to do with L1/R1 in cricket 19
there is a vast difference
I played a match on Gabba with hard and dry pitch
And it got really monotonous bcoz I had to keep bowling only the full length deliveries to hit the top off stumps
whenever I bowled good length, the ball became shorter and when i bowled yorker length the batsmen played as a full toss by coming on the front foot
even with full length I was only able to hit top of stump length
I just couldnt find the way to bowl that length which would have hit middle portion of any stump.
After touch has bit of a learning curve to it I'm afraid, I myself am only getting familiar with it slowly but its an interesting addition nonetheless.

First of all, I'd suggest you to play on medium pitch if you don't want this insane bounce off the pitch and if even that doesn't produce bounce like you want, they reduce pitch bounce to like 35 or 40 like most of us do.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Not able to increase speed of spinners...

Below are my slider settings:
Pace Bowling Max Speed = 100
Pace Bowling Min Speed = 100
Pace Bowling Visual Speed = 100
Spin Bowling Visual Speed = 100

Can clearly feel the pacers have become real quick, but can't see any change in spinners' speeds... :(

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@SloppyMani
The difficulty you see before a match is the sliders and in 19 you used to be able to choose your custom sliders here as well, so for example I would choose ‘Test’ or ‘T20’ (not sure if you can now on 22 but I’m on Xbox and just see easiest, easy, medium, hard, hardest)

The rookie to legend difficulty is how good the AI is so in theory, you could set up a match like this;

Match difficulty - Hardest (how easy/hard it is for you to play and input your ‘skills’ i.e. the timing is more difficult, the ball quality is less forgiving etc

AI difficulty - Rookie (how good the AI is, bowl a bad ball and they will punish you on higher levels, but probably not on rookie, get it on the stumps and you’ll probably bowl them out most times on rookie, less likely on veteran etc)

So with these, it would be like, it’s hard to bowl a good consistent over, but if you do, you’re more likely to get a wicket. Compared to maybe if you had it on Easiest and Legend, which would be the opposite, it’s easy to bowl the ball where you want, but the AI can deal with it easier

This is certainly how it worked on 19 and I imagine how it should work on 22.
I don’t think this is actually true, because you can still set the custom difficulty.

no idea what match difficulty does - been added with 0 explanation

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Is this blue bar under the score HUD supposed to be there while batting with mid cam?

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Wouldn't it be great if every available setting was documented by Big Ant, so we knew what each thing was supposed to do. There always seems to be this post-release science experiment where the people try to interpret what certain things might do and in what context. I don't think the mysteries of Cricket 19 were ever fully unlocked, so don't hold out too much hope for Cricket 22. Why isn't there a proper manual that explains everything?

wasbir2000

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
The AI batting is quite smart and hard to decieve

1. when i bowl a 4th off stamp line with offside dominant field AI simply suffles and hit every ball to the leg side.

2. when i bowl a bouncer at the batsmen body it plays a cut above the keeper.

3. yorker is also not much effective in getting a wicket.

please share your ideas to stop the AI from scoring.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I don’t think this is actually true, because you can still set the custom difficulty.

no idea what match difficulty does - been added with 0 explanation
Not in front of the game at the moment, but fairly certain one of the settings determines how good the AI is and the other setting determines how difficult it is for you to bowl, bat, field. The sliders are there to tweak things I guess and tailor the game to the user’s taste

Users who are viewing this thread