Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I haven't had any problems with overthrows in my matches, tbh. is this something happening in career?

while i'm still not seeing any major leap forward, i'm now having some good matches. dismissal variety is better, and there's visible ball wear, and i think improved pitch wear visual too. but against that there's this hateful bloody crowd wail.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Hey guys think the patch notes mentioned frame rate optimization or something like that
Do you see any improvement in frame rates on Steam post patch?
And what about academy is that improved?

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I haven't had any problems with overthrows in my matches, tbh.
Ive just had 16-20 of them (runs worth) in a test match, they are defo still a problem, not from close in, its only happening on a throw from one side of the boundary fence to the other.

Just played now with todays latest Steam patch (Dec 13) and while fielders do feel a little sharper, they still run in quicksand too often, that needs fixing.

Also got one of those cheap run outs (i have fully assisted AI field for me) where the batsman played a defensive, stood a millimetre outside his crease after completion and my bowler Stokes duly takes the bails off - out.

The improvements are so incrementally small its going to take an age at this rate to get the game to where we need it.

Also - the AI smashing the sixth ball of the over after five dot balls from older BA games is present with a vengeance - i see it all the time, only 3 maidens bowled in 101 overs bowled just now tells you how often it happens - its such lazy coding.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Has the playfaces download been fixed on Steam yet? With the last patch I got a few days ago which said it was fixed still hadn't fixed them

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ive just had 16-20 of them (runs worth) in a test match, they are defo still a problem, not from close in, its only happening on a throw from one side of the boundary fence to the other.

Just played now with todays latest Steam patch (Dec 13) and while fielders do feel a little sharper, they still run in quicksand too often, that needs fixing.

Also got one of those cheap run outs (i have fully assisted AI field for me) where the batsman played a defensive, stood a millimetre outside his crease after completion and my bowler Stokes duly takes the bails off - out.

The improvements are so incrementally small its going to take an age at this rate to get the game to where we need it.

Also - the AI smashing the sixth ball of the over after five dot balls from older BA games is present with a vengeance - i see it all the time, only 3 maidens bowled in 101 overs bowled just now tells you how often it happens - its such lazy coding.

ok. i use semi assisted fielding which maybe why i don't see it so often.

(when batting, i noticed it mostly happened when i started a careless run then cancelled, they'd always take a shy and often give overthrows. i stopped doing that and haven't had a problem since.

this really feels to me like they've actually only got 1 dev on this

D

Deleted member 193590

When i've finished my current test match,i'm going to set the run rate slider to zero,Anmol's scorecard looked quite decent,certainly beats final ball boundaries all the time.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
ok. i use semi assisted fielding which maybe why i don't see it so often.

(when batting, i noticed it mostly happened when i started a careless run then cancelled, they'd always take a shy and often give overthrows. i stopped doing that and haven't had a problem since.

this really feels to me like they've actually only got 1 dev on this
60 according to Ross.

I assume thats 59 working on whether a bloody bat flips correctly in pyjama cricket and a solitary bloke actually working on issues that are killing the game.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I haven't had any problems with overthrows in my matches, tbh. is this something happening in career?

while i'm still not seeing any major leap forward, i'm now having some good matches. dismissal variety is better, and there's visible ball wear, and i think improved pitch wear visual too. but against that there's this hateful bloody crowd wail.
same here. barely any overthrows issues if at all (PS5 1.000.009). also figured out some work around for academy downloads also so that they don't crash. big issue for me currently on academy is the custom kits don't show up correctly (they look layered with random colors) and search function is still broken unless you are searching for specific player/teams with usernames.

fielding still needs improvements. these are the things that bothers me the most:

1. sliding on boundary ropes
2. still some missed catches that should be super simple
3. fielders inside the ring do dive to stop balls but so far i haven't seen a dive where they actually miss stopping the ball lol.
4. fielders running alongside the ball or let the ball pass through 2 ft away from them.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
When i've finished my current test match,i'm going to set the run rate slider to zero,Anmol's scorecard looked quite decent,certainly beats final ball boundaries all the time.
Yeah i had AI Run Rate on 25 and clearly thats still way too high. NZ just rattled up 400 in 100 odd overs v me, never were they below 4 an over the entire way, just felt so tiresome to see the AI move across to an off stump delivery and whack it to the legside boundary for four after five well bowled dots.

Someone mentioned run rate 18 was working well for them so will try that when ive completed this match.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer

Just to add fuel to the fire, I can do it quite easily…
Test matches are different. Can you try playing a ODI match and see if you notice a difference in the powerplay?

Note: we are not saying the drives will never go. But its rare and most of the times they go straight to fielders even though if we try to play in between the fielders with all inputs as ideal.
Its okay in test matches as runrate doesnt matter. But its frustrating in ODIs.
Never had issues with this shot in cricket19. Actually that was my most played shot in the powerplay in cricket 19

Last edited:

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My best bowling session so far..

After having messed with AI's timing & RR , I finally thought to try that base '50' for Striker timing and RR set to 10 as someone mentioned and below is the result.

Haseeb got out poorly with that typical run out bug, Malan got out to a beauty from Hazlewood swinging in and taking the inside edge which Carey caught diving to his right.

The absolute peach was Root's dismissal from Cummins, I kept on bowling genuine outswingers in that fourth stump line and just slid one right on middle stump line, boy was that an awesome wicket to take, I kept admiring that ball in replay afterwards..

Also, for those struggling to keep the AI quiet because of its constant moving across and pulling full balls for no reason, I kept a Backward square leg after like 15 odd overs and then their defenses, leaves and driving in the offside got way better. Another thing I noticed was don't know because of timing or blocking its favorite square leg region, AI batters starting their innings really slow, leaving balls outside off and defending almost loose balls too.

Now all is not that awesome either,
Out fielding is still sloppy :p
Got many ridiculous overthrows conceding unnecessary 5s (i think more than 4-5 in 30 overs)
WK still stopped working at times for bouncers
They still strolled away in bright sunshine for no reason in 25th over

For all those conspiracists, After Touch does have impact in Pro controls and with that I was drawing lot of near misses from the AI.
At the same time, that r1/l1 sublength doesn't seem to work for me either..

Attachments

• 20211213202306_1.jpg
    20211213202306_1.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 21
  • 20211213202323_1.jpg
    20211213202323_1.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Also, for those struggling to keep the AI quiet because of its constant moving across and pulling full balls for no reason, I kept a Backward square leg after like 15 odd overs and then their defenses, leaves and driving in the offside got way better. Another thing I noticed was don't know because of timing or blocking its favorite square leg region, AI batters starting their innings really slow, leaving balls outside off and defending almost loose balls too.
Yep, ive resorted to having to have a deep backward square leg in early too, its the only way to alleviate some of the "i must score a run on the sixth ball of what would be a maiden over" crap out.

Only some mind.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Can someone explain the difficulty settings to me there seems to be so many options and I'm not sure what effects what. In the pre match screen you see "Match Difficulty" ranging from "Easiest" to "Hardest" but I'm not sure how this lines up with the other setting that ranges from "Rookie" to "Veteran" like if I have one set to Easiest but the other to Veteran what's going on? Feels like a too many cooks situation with so many different settings...sometimes simple is better.

FOR ODI PLAYERS

For all the ODI players who are getting carted around for 300+ on Hardest/Legend. I'm currently bowling with match setting on Easiest and AI base on Rookie and I have NZ 78/4 after 20 overs. A much more realistic scoreline and maybe with some tinkering to the difficulties (not going as low as Easiest/Rookie) we can have a more realistic ODI experience and with some tinkering to sliders too. I will play 2-3 more innings bowling to see how the AI are and if we just get a repeat of the same match like in higher difficulties...hopefully not!

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Yep, ive resorted to having to have a deep backward square leg in early too, its the only way to alleviate some of the "i must score a run on the sixth ball of what would be a maiden over" crap out.

Only some mind.
I suggest you give this AI RR as 10 a try, because certainly so far I didn't notice that as often as we would see.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Can someone explain the difficulty settings to me there seems to be so many options and I'm not sure what effects what. In the pre match screen you see "Match Difficulty" ranging from "Easiest" to "Hardest" but I'm not sure how this lines up with the other setting that ranges from "Rookie" to "Veteran" like if I have one set to Easiest but the other to Veteran what's going on? Feels like a too many cooks situation with so many different settings...sometimes simple is better.

FOR ODI PLAYERS

For all the ODI players who are getting carted around for 300+ on Hardest/Legend. I'm currently bowling with match setting on Easiest and AI base on Rookie and I have NZ 78/4 after 20 overs. A much more realistic scoreline and maybe with some tinkering to the difficulties (not going as low as Easiest/Rookie) we can have a more realistic ODI experience and with some tinkering to sliders too. I will play 2-3 more innings bowling to see how the AI are and if we just get a repeat of the same match like in higher difficulties...hopefully not!
I also don't get this match difficulty option pre match either and neither can we understand what this newly added 'visual pace' slider does because there isn't a description for it at all..

Ofcourse, talking about these, reminds me of my dear paradoxical 'Miss - Input' slider which describes itself as 'Increasing this slider will increase the required quality of shot to hit the ball' and conversely its set at 20 in Hardest and 100 in Easiest :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread