Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
You can edit skills of licensed players I believe. Which I believe means we could do a roster project to take wastes teams and then edit players to balance out the test sides.
You can - could be another project in the offing @Rumple43 @WealeyH
Post automatically merged:

Ok lads, I have been golding off posting this as I wanted to test it thoroughly but im confident in what im about to type...

I have always felt the players are over skilled and I know @wasteyouryouth has felt similar i think in the past especially the lisenced teams.

Anyway, I think they are DRASTICALLY over skilled.

So for the final test and to showcase my results I downloaded Wastes India and did the following:

Sharma : Lowered Glance, Judgement, Control and Drive skills.
Rahul: Lowerd drive skills considerably, judgement and defence.
Pujara: Drastically lowred attacking ability.

Results:

• No last ball smash anywhere in the innings. I think in the whole 30 overs only 5 boundaries were hit.
  • Pujara couldnt get it off the square
  • Rahul (I kid you not) played and missed outside the off stump 15 times in the session before nicking to the slips.
View attachment 260357
  • Sharma couldnt get it away off his pads, kept miss timing or inside edging it. Was then forced to drive and nicked to keeper.
View attachment 260358
  • Run rate stayed below three throughout with ability to bowl maidens.
  • The lowered attaciking ability meant not every shot raced to the boundary.
  • Rahul, nicked 3 defensive shots that dropped short of fielders.

View attachment 260356

View attachment 260359

Proper, Poper Test Match Cricket

@Ken Tremendous @Rumple43 @blockerdave
Thats brilliant to see - i always subscribed to the view that many players were simply over rated - with the right tweaks we could get the AI versions of real players playing very much one and the same.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
You can - could be another project in the offing @Rumple43 @WealeyH
Post automatically merged:

Thats brilliant to see - i always subscribed to the view that many players were simply over rated - with the right tweaks we could get the AI versions of real players playing very much one and the same.

Rahul wafting outside off missing regularly.. eventually succumbing to slip.

Rohit couldn’t get anything away off his pads drove and nicked.

Rahul shit driving stats.
Rohit shit glance stats

opening up a can of worms haha

Andrew Terry

School Cricketer
Rahul wafting outside off missing regularly.. eventually succumbing to slip.

Rohit couldn’t get anything away off his pads drove and nicked.

Rahul shit driving stats.
Rohit shit glance stats

opening up a can of worms haha
Is this just from adjusting attributes and not touching perks and proficiencies?

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
For now I am done with the game. I was very keen upon release but the eagerness to play dropped off big time with the lack of initial patching for Xbox making the game unplayable and now the ashes over already my interest in the game had peaked and is gone. One day and 20/20 games are feeling so bland , virtually the only way I can score off spin is sweeping everything and the AI either sweeps or does a crazy back foot uppercut off spin.

Like others have commented it is to scripted. I have bowled some good balls that have been hit to areas you wouldn't expect to be hit to from that ball , almost impossible to hit the pads for an LBW and majority of wickets have been from the uppercut going straight to keeper or a pull shot going to mid wicket.

In local multiplayer every 2nd over the ball indicator disappears, my cousin or I would get a wicket only for the game to crash back to home screen. Very rarely could we get a normal wicket, everything was basically caught and bowled or caught at mid off from a "spooned" drive. Replays show the bat going through the pitch and the ball hitting the sticker/handle with half the bat missing through the pitch.

It is so frustrating to the point I just uninstalled it, the game had great hopes and I am sure with more patching it will be. I like the graphics, stadiums, bats, bowling animations , clouds etc but all that means nothing if the game play is boring/ scripted and bugged. I will not sit there and play a test match where you can rip through the top order but you know 8,9,10,11 will make runs every time no matter what or if the middle order make runs you run through the tail with ease.

So much promise very little delivered.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
View attachment 260339

How am i still able to stand 2 meters outside off stump and smash everything on the legside without the AI being able to just put one on the stumps and clean me up? Also still the AI sets up a 7-2 off side field and proceeds to bowl everything on legstump how is that still there and the AI is not responsive at all either they'll keep the field well after you've got a 100 of 40 balls.

Regret paying $99 for Big Ant to serve up the same issues game after game and still get away with charging full price, surely someone is going kick up a stink for false advertising for a product that's not up to said standard.

Does anyone know if this is in the pipeline to get fixed or better off getting a refund?
Why continue to stand outside off stump and exploit it? You’re not even trying to have fun with it if that’s all you’re doing. I’m getting realistic wagon wheels and strike rates etc.. by playing normally. There are obvious problems but what you’re doing is a pi$$ take.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Considerably.. for Rahul drive to level 1 if I remember tightly. I genuinly kid you not he played and missed 14 times. It felt like a tough morning at edgbaston. And I finally got him last over before lunch.
I might delve into something similar for ODI matches! Good finds!

liam tollard-williams

School Cricketer
Gonna have to stick with cricket 19 I think game keeps crashing every time I attempt to go back into my career mode for some reason after putting 40 hours into it i cant be bothered to restart the game

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
People still ragging on this game, but I'm really enjoying it. Each to their own, of course.

Had this one tonight, probably the most enjoyable dismissal I've seen. Still enjoying the pro cam as well, especially when batting.

And yes, very encouraging stuff on player builds and attributes @WealeyH, more work to add into the mix haha

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Why continue to stand outside off stump and exploit it? You’re not even trying to have fun with it if that’s all you’re doing. I’m getting realistic wagon wheels and strike rates etc.. by playing normally. There are obvious problems but what you’re doing is a pi$$ take.
“This game is so rubbish, every time I walk off this ledge I die”……..

AmanT94

School Cricketer
Mate the point is its exploitable when it shouldn't be. The game is so broken to the point that if I want to I can do that without breaking a sweat on the hardest difficulty. It shouldn't be up to me to turn a blind eye to an obvious flaw in the game when the developers should've fixed it 3 games ago, and also the the first 50 runs on the wagon wheel is from a left armer bowling over the wicket on leg stump every ball so you want me to leave those and let it hit the body as well?

The only reason i did it is because i wanted to see if it was still a thing even after cricket 19 and it is, yes i do stand on the stumps normally so i don't play everything on the legside but the mere fact that the player has to go easy on the AI and restrict him self from doing certain things in the game because it make the game unbearably easy and having the same issue game after game that's the real pi$$ take.

Users who are viewing this thread