Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think cricket 22 have cost alot to BA then benefit ,again & again they are fixing bugs which give rise to new bugs and therefore more cost and reduction in profit earned by BA.

Don't know how will be there response to another cricket game in future
Personally, I think its time they take some extra time for their next cricket game and build a new engine from the ground up. This current engine is so rigid that any minor tweak results in an in-balance of various things (to put it politely). Its a ridiculous state that we've had two patches and a plethora of hot fixes and the game is in shambles.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I wish BA or Tru Blu release updated DBC 14 with cosmetics changes and academy creation tool as DBC 22.

andrew56

Club Captain
Has anyone be able to play all shots 360%, I tried but can't but haven't tried new patch.
Have they fixed advanced lofted shots by going straight.
Hopefully the stats improve and have stars like db14 individual stats for the game too.
Post automatically merged:

Is the new patch improved the game

Mark1961

School Cricketer
Not had the game long, so could just be my lack of skill, but noticed two things today after my game was patched. 1) Balls just short of a length and anywhere near the line of the stumps I used to pull through the onside, not hook, but pull, now he seems to just do a massive swish, which will only hit a ball thats about 2 feet outside leg stump. 2) Slow bowler was bowling right arm around the wicket to my right handed bat, just bowled every ball a fairly full length, a foot outside leg stump, could find no shot to hit the ball ?, is there one ?. Eventually I edged it onto my pad and got caught, very annoying.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
may be in the contract of Ashes license, there must be a clause that says, developer must have a new game in the time of Ashes been played... I assuming this because, we know there are always a game released during Ashes series, some are good to go, and some are named bugs...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
may be in the contract of Ashes license, there must be a clause that says, developer must have a new game in the time of Ashes been played... I assuming this because, we know there are always a game released during Ashes series, some are good to go, and some are named bugs...
That's what I'm assuming. This game needed another year in the oven plus I personally feel the game releasing before the 20/20 WC in Australia later this year would have been a great release window candidate.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not had the game long, so could just be my lack of skill, but noticed two things today after my game was patched. 1) Balls just short of a length and anywhere near the line of the stumps I used to pull through the onside, not hook, but pull, now he seems to just do a massive swish, which will only hit a ball thats about 2 feet outside leg stump. 2) Slow bowler was bowling right arm around the wicket to my right handed bat, just bowled every ball a fairly full length, a foot outside leg stump, could find no shot to hit the ball ?, is there one ?. Eventually I edged it onto my pad and got caught, very annoying.

Which platform are you as some have issues others don't? (My comments are regarding Xbox issues.)

The grounded straight drives/cover drives/square drives are still far from perfect & they do sometimes miss completely despite three greens being indicated for footwork/timing/shot choice, & I feel that I've reacted appropriately.

BA are still struggling terribly to balance shot power or trajectory. Many shots are now underpowered & the newly fixed aggressive/lofted shots frequently don't make their intended distance because the shot trajectory is far too high.

Additionally, with certain batting styles there's still a glitch present whereupon the batsman incorrectly takes a very agricultural aggressive swing for deliveries outside off stump when the player is actually using the attacking or precision shot inputs. These almost always miss too & will often come very close to causing a stumping.

Personally, I think its time they take some extra time for their next cricket game and build a new engine from the ground up. This current engine is so rigid that any minor tweak results in an in-balance of various things (to put it politely). Its a ridiculous state that we've had two patches and a plethora of hot fixes and the game is in shambles.

Indeed!! This copy/paste mentality to development is ensuring the same bugs immediately get copied over time, after time, after time.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Which platform are you as some have issues others don't? (My comments are regarding Xbox issues.)

The grounded straight drives/cover drives/square drives are still far from perfect & they do sometimes miss completely despite three greens being indicated for footwork/timing/shot choice, & I feel that I've reacted appropriately.

BA are still struggling terribly to balance shot power or trajectory. Many shots are now underpowered & the newly fixed aggressive/lofted shots frequently don't make their intended distance because the shot trajectory is far too high.

Additionally, with certain batting styles there's still a glitch present whereupon the batsman incorrectly takes a very agricultural aggressive swing for deliveries outside off stump when the player is actually using the attacking or precision shot inputs. These almost always miss too & will often come very close to causing a stumping.

Indeed!! This copy/paste mentality to development is ensuring the same bugs immediately get copied over time, after time, after time.
With an inability to fix them. Its a sign of a bad game engine tbh. The engine was already showing its age in Cricket 19. I feel to they need to invest a lot more time mocapping fielding, running between wickets etc

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Is anyone else finding the AI a lot more aggressive since the last patch? Playing against Pakistan in a T20 they are 212 with an over left,just been hit for 6 fours in an over,that's never happened before :lol

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
That's what I'm assuming. This game needed another year in the oven plus I personally feel the game releasing before the 20/20 WC in Australia later this year would have been a great release window candidate.

Funny you mention that it sparked a thought in my head...that WC is a perfect time to sell a game surely? An Aussie based company and a WC in Australia, why wouldn't you sell a game then? So just to light the match do you think this could actually just be a beta version of the game? I don't know how game companies operate but if I was a small company whos aim is to make money it makes sense to shift a dodgy game instead of going to moral route and waiting for the WC release with a polished game and then also release the "polished" version being the WT20 Australia one?

I mean it doesn't sound like a far shout and I would be surprised if BA don't release another game for that WC purely because of it's location.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
X Factor player added to the BBL with latest patch... Your 12th man become your x factor... I try to use it after at end of 10th over, but it locked in the match, may be i try before 10th over next time... So far power surge is my favourite thing in BBL competition...

Users who are viewing this thread