Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On the rain point, I would love it if it was added in. Weather is a huge variable in cricket, particularly the longer forms of the game and rain or cloud coming or going massively affects the way the test is played.

It's a complex issue in real life that would probably be a nightmare to accurately include in the game, if the AI can't be programmed to put a fielder where 80% of runs are being scored how are they going to adjust their tactics to factor in rain delays?

Even if there was zero affect on gameplay I'd still like to see rain coming down and a short cut scene of the players walking off (and back on) for delays. Obviously we want to play a game of cricket so there's no point in raining off entire days or entire matches (which rarely happens IRL anyway) but we also want to play a realistic cricket simulation and rain delays are part and parcel of the game.

On a slightly separate point, is it now accepted that cloud cover in the game is completely cosmetic and has absolutely no impact on the gameplay? I've seen nothing to suggest it affects swing bowling but I'd be delighted if someone could tell me otherwise.
I've actually seen the ball swing more when playing in England.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is the patch out on Xbox one?

cricboi

Club Captain
fielding glitches are back with people kicking the ball or refusing to run at it. This happens the most to me at mid on/off but they get most of the balls so maybe its just in my head.

That said, the game feels great at the moment. With my custom team I enforced a follow own against WI but now a massive 5th wicket stand has them level and I can't seem to get them out. Feels real though because after I got the new ball I started getting a few more chances. Hopefully with time passing the pitch will do more too.

What are your tactics for getting in two set batters? Sometimes I try a bodyline and it works but others I feel like I just try random things. Any suggestions?

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've had my xbox crash and turn itself off 3 times out of my last 3 play sessions. All 3 times have been when the AI is batting. Can't be doing my xbox any good.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yup, I've been experiencing this too but it's completely random & it's happened when I've been batting or even during a gym session etc :(.

It's not the first patch iteration to not only crash Cricket 22 itself but when C22 does inevitably crash it causes the Series X to completely & immediately shut down as you've described too. (And no, it's not good for a system to repeatedly crash in this fashion, & yes, it could potentially cause damage from software corruption to hardware failure such as damaging an SSD to blowing a PSU, or worse.)

It wouldn't be so bad if these were isolated events but this is happening with alarming frequency & to take the Xbox down with it when it crashes is worrying. (Yet again I've been forced to quit C22 for fear it could damage a Series X & they're not exactly cheap or easy to get hold of in the first place.)

I've owned various models of Xbox over the years & not once have I ever experienced another title crash so hard that it ultimately causes the Xbox to shut down in the process as well. (PC's yes, an Xbox, unequivocally not.)

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Searching for certain terms in community doesn't fetch any results like India, Sri lanka. Similarly the trending players works but trending clubs keeps on loading.

As for searching by usernames, names such as LlewelynF7,anmoljoshi099 doesn't fetch anything but wasteyouryouth's loads fine.

In the end it just stops searching and says the Big Ant server is not available.
Absolutely bro...Even I am facing the same issue since past 3 days or so...Can't understand whats happening with these BA servers

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
fielding glitches are back with people kicking the ball or refusing to run at it. This happens the most to me at mid on/off but they get most of the balls so maybe its just in my head.

That said, the game feels great at the moment. With my custom team I enforced a follow own against WI but now a massive 5th wicket stand has them level and I can't seem to get them out. Feels real though because after I got the new ball I started getting a few more chances. Hopefully with time passing the pitch will do more too.

What are your tactics for getting in two set batters? Sometimes I try a bodyline and it works but others I feel like I just try random things. Any suggestions?
How do you enforce the follow on can’t seem to find the option in career mode ?
Post automatically merged:

Anyone else noticed the scorecard colour during games has gone white at the bottom so you can’t see extras etc ? On ps5

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
How do you enforce the follow on can’t seem to find the option in career mode ?
Post automatically merged:

Anyone else noticed the scorecard colour during games has gone white at the bottom so you can’t see extras etc ? On ps5
the scorecard colour issue will be fixed next patch they said and enforce follow on... are you the captain?

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Anyone else having an issue where the fine-leg fielder collects the ball and then even though you've input the thing to throw they just hold onto the ball so the AI can complete a couple of extra runs. It's proper annoying.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Anyone else having an issue where the fine-leg fielder collects the ball and then even though you've input the thing to throw they just hold onto the ball so the AI can complete a couple of extra runs. It's proper annoying.
Not just the fine leg fielder if you're playing semi-auto fielding. I've had it many times with various fielding positions. Hopefully it'll get a fix one day.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
the scorecard colour issue will be fixed next patch they said and enforce follow on... are you the captain?
Yes I’m the captain it seems to make the decision automatically for me unless I’m missing the option somewhere

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
There are times when it can get menacing:

View attachment 264657 View attachment 264658

But I think and a lot of others would agree that this game really needs rain added (a few near invisible drops doesn't count). I know Matt said it was a creative decision on their part not to add rain but I think they're
wrong in that regard. Rain can add strategy to games. Maybe leave rain out of online stuff, but against AI in career and other modes, it definitely needs it.
Yeah Rain can add realism to the game. Even few drops also nice

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My weather nerd within is greatly pleased with the clouds in this game now. Not sure if there have been improvements the last few patches but I've noticed a lot more volume to clouds, note the small convection in some of the photos. @MattW Whoever is in charge of weather, tell them I'll buy them a few drinks for their work, looks fantastic.

View attachment 264601 View attachment 264602 View attachment 264603 View attachment 264604 View attachment 264605

Here are some C19 screenies for comparison to how far its come along:

View attachment 264606 View attachment 264607 View attachment 264608

I also make no apologies for being an open weather nerd.
Were cloud textures updated in last week's patch then?

Users who are viewing this thread