Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Just had my first stumping, really was satisfying.

Arm ball, down the leg side, ran straight past it and gone

I’ve had a couple, only in Career Mode which I haven’t played for a while. Following the new patch I had two examples (In my first match) of batsmen dancing down the track… which may or may not make stumpings a possibility.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Just to clarify.. is anyone playing a normal test match and feel the AI batting is different to last weeks patch..

Or is the general feeling among career mode players!
I have been I have seen Chris Broad walk down the pitch and slap spinner John Emburey (known for flight) over his head for six. Ive seen players come down the pitch and then smother the spin. That has been great to see. ....

dazzer269

School Cricketer
I know I've done countless posts about "sidespin" on shots in this game, which the coders appear to have now added in finally, so no more "all shots have no sidespin on them" from me.

I feel the need, a hungry need, to let Big Ant know how much I am in love (Ross, calm down, you are simply NOT my type...) with the organic, the dynamic, the ball physics, that are in this game. As much as the football games (Fifa and ePES) simply have to be the best sports games in terms of realism, the graphics, the ball physics, the (and this is the best thing for me in C22) timing of things are so, so important. Allied to the organicness of C22, is the timing of when and how things happen within the gameplay.

Every single bowl, batting shot, fielding attempt, right now feels just so like real life, and it is scary! Especially when we know animations, graphics, lighting etc will be even more improved in years to come.

Mr Mikey Merren, my hat is off to you sir, you have been unleashed from the tight strings of Mr Symons, letting this game literally, organically, flow at last!

Did I say organic yet?

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
This game is very close to being very good - its just little issues that patches bring in (aside from the majority good they do) that stop it at the moment.

For example, ive just had the AI bowl 36 byes in an innings against me as the AI keeper far too often against spin literally doesnt move, even on balls i leave, just lets it run down the ground for four.

Hopefully a fix on the way for this.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know I've done countless posts about "sidespin" on shots in this game, which the coders appear to have now added in finally, so no more "all shots have no sidespin on them" from me.

I feel the need, a hungry need, to let Big Ant know how much I am in love (Ross, calm down, you are simply NOT my type...) with the organic, the dynamic, the ball physics, that are in this game. As much as the football games (Fifa and ePES) simply have to be the best sports games in terms of realism, the graphics, the ball physics, the (and this is the best thing for me in C22) timing of things are so, so important. Allied to the organicness of C22, is the timing of when and how things happen within the gameplay.

Every single bowl, batting shot, fielding attempt, right now feels just so like real life, and it is scary! Especially when we know animations, graphics, lighting etc will be even more improved in years to come.

Mr Mikey Merren, my hat is off to you sir, you have been unleashed from the tight strings of Mr Symons, letting this game literally, organically, flow at last!

Did I say organic yet?
giphy.gif giphy (1).gif

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Looking at Women's world cup matches, the boundary line is bigger compare to the boundary in cricket 22... I think it is best time re-adjust the boundaries in cricket 22 for women games...

tarangmht

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW Can you pls allow the user to edit licensed players personalities. It was allowed earlier to be able to change their batting and bowling styles and also if they are an all rounder or a pure batsman/bowler. Some players like like trent boult have a very different action in real life compared to the one assigned to him currently. Also gayle is given style 2 for batting where as he never shuffles and perhaps should be style 1. Pls allow users to be able to change those things as per their liking.

Last edited:

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
This game is very close to being very good - its just little issues that patches bring in (aside from the majority good they do) that stop it at the moment.

For example, ive just had the AI bowl 36 byes in an innings against me as the AI keeper far too often against spin literally doesnt move, even on balls i leave, just lets it run down the ground for four.

Hopefully a fix on the way for this.

I was playing a T20 against Ireland yesterday and after about 15 overs, Neil Rock just seemed to forget how to keep wicket. There was one ball that hit him and whilst he was sunbathing then disco dancing, I managed to run three! There was another, this was against pace, that he just let pass straight past his head.

The game is “very close to being very good”, or I’d even say is “very good” but I think that’s probably as good as it will get!

azkhan

Associate Captain
Just downloaded an updated Pakistan team from @wasteyouryouth and glad to see the change straight away from a saved game, kits updated :thumbs. Don't think it was always like that.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
My weather nerd within is greatly pleased with the clouds in this game now. Not sure if there have been improvements the last few patches but I've noticed a lot more volume to clouds, note the small convection in some of the photos. @MattW Whoever is in charge of weather, tell them I'll buy them a few drinks for their work, looks fantastic.

20220305182004_1.jpg 20220305180930_1.jpg 20220305180302_1.jpg 20220305175718_1.jpg 20220305175659_1.jpg

Here are some C19 screenies for comparison to how far its come along:

20210907013819_1.jpg 20210719232210_1.jpg 20210718221413_1.jpg

I also make no apologies for being an open weather nerd.

Last edited:

papalazarou

Club Captain
My weather nerd within is greatly pleased with the clouds in this game now. Not sure if there have been improvements the last few patches but I've noticed a lot more volume to clouds, note the small convection in some of the photos. @MattW Whoever is in charge of weather, tell them I'll buy them a few drinks for their work, looks fantastic.

View attachment 264601 View attachment 264602 View attachment 264603 View attachment 264604 View attachment 264605

View attachment 264606 View attachment 264607 View attachment 264608

Agreed. Also the subtle lighting changes that come with those different volume cloud layers too are really immersive.

The only thing that's a bit odd is the floodlights still seem to take affect too early imo (4pm in the carribbean in summer?). I've noticed several times the clear day sun will still be visible in the sky (which should come with shadows relative to the suns position) and yet we can see player shadows cast from the floodlights at this point?
The timing of this bit of code just needs delaying a little until the sun is nearly gone.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Agreed. Also the subtle lighting changes that come with those different volume cloud layers too are really immersive.

The only thing that's a bit odd is the floodlights still seem to take affect too early imo (4pm in the carribbean in summer?). I've noticed several times the clear day sun will still be visible in the sky (which should come with shadows relative to the suns position) and yet we can see player shadows cast from the floodlights at this point?
The timing of this bit of code just needs delaying a little until the sun is nearly gone.
Yeah. Custom stadiums are worse. I think lights should be on when there is total coverage of cloud and its early morning or late evening. Probably also dependent on what time of year as well.

Lights on here, yes: (This was about 10 AM in England based weather)

20220305182001_1.jpg

Lights on here, no: (This was about 11 AM the next day, lights were on)

20220305180930_1.jpg

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Yet another example of 7 and 8 scoring all the runs. No doubt SL lower order will recover to score the bulk of theirs too. So immersion breaking. Latest patch has taken the game backwards!

Silly Point
Associate Cricketer

Sorry, I mean Little Timmy (Loving coloured towels. Really adds to the authenticity. White ones were immersion breaking!). Also had my opener turn around when walking into scoreboard rather than walk through it. Brilliant!

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

View attachment 264601 View attachment 264602 View attachment 264603 View attachment 264604 View attachment 264605

View attachment 264606 View attachment 264607 View attachment 264608

WoW.....thats scenic.....looks awsome....though i like black clouds & rainy weather with uncetainities , like 1999 england wc weather (an unpopular opinion i know)...but clouds here are looks awsome..

Users who are viewing this thread