Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Mr Snrub

International Coach
the game is getting lots of patches because elements of it are / were broken. it's 4 months since release and it still feels like a beta build.
Being bluntly honest, in certain areas it does have a beta feel. I've seen buggy games before and some are a lot worse than Cricket '22 obviously, but Cricket '22 would have to occupy top slot easily for games that have "progressed, then regressed, then progressed, etc, etc", via patching.

There are key areas which were to be good new features, such as new licenses, which have joke level player likenesses for a start.

The very least they can do after shifting the goalposts last week, is to be prepared enough to not have to shift them again this week - even for a day. Ever since their Wednesday patching started, it was nearly always late anyway, so why call it that day?

"Overpromise, under-deliver" seems to be the most apt expression for nearly the whole of this titles release. When we got that solid patch at the end of February, people were happy and impressed as though they'd received a bonus of some sort, when it really was the game finally replicating some important cricket fundamentals that should've been there from the start!

As far as customer service goes, expecting endless support tickets from people who generally hear nothing back is not particularly ideal.

I wonder is the Big Ant theme song that old Elton John number "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word"? :rolleyes

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I want to listen what he says on broken game basics along with black box keep coming on xb1x and constant game crashes in career mode. Where as BA priority at moment is enabling cross gen game … wow.
I mean I can explain again that there's more than one person who works on things if you like?

Yes - there's work being done on cross gen play - because it's the overwhelming feedback on Big XIs that people like the mode but finding a match is tough, especially with there now being a split between the players on previous and current gen consoles.

The Test the Best mode was always planned to return, but similar to Big XIs, it was pushed back to allow people who would work on that feature to complete other things first.

There's a bunch of work continuing to be done in career mode, on stability improvements, on performance, on online match quality, the academy - including download and search speed, gameplay including AI tuning and fielding and more. Some of that you'll see in this week's patch, some of it might be the next one or the one after that.

----

Would just make a wider comment on tickets, I think people over estimate the separation there - the support site is there as the official support channel - as opposed to the social media pages, but we try and get your feedback from many sources - including posts on here. You're telling the same people the same thing if you post it on here vs putting in a ticket.

I would recommend putting in a ticket if the cases where you have a specific issue with a save you have - as that is the simplest path to be able to uniquely check and follow up with you - but if you have a request or just comments about the game, making a ticket and making a post end up in the same pile that we work from in terms of identifying and prioritising requests, problems and feedback.

It's just a weird situation to be on here reading posts complaining about fatigue in putting in tickets - I can and do see your posts, others on the team see your posts or can be linked to them to follow up.

The bug report thread is very underutilised - the clean thread of just the specific issues is very helpful for ensuring things are not missed in here - both from the discussion moving on factor, or just for the ease of those at Big Ant seeing the posts.

Bootsey

Club Cricketer
WOW, best scripted commentary yet, Athers, "amazing dive to stop sme runs" way way before the fielder even dived to stop it, made me laugh, would've been funnier if he missed lol

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
The tears I'm here about a patch bring delayed 24 hours are tragic man. Go outside.
Agree some of the whinging gets a bit out of hand.

What does me in is the inconsistency of communication, Ross saying hours before a "patch day" that one is upcoming and the last two Wednesdays we've been due a patch we're told "oh it's not actually coming today after all" which rightly frustrates the people still trying to play through seemingly game breaking issues.

I get Ross and the team get swamped with questions and we're a demanding bunch sometimes but communication could be better from both sides of the coin as we all want the same end product.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Agree some of the whinging gets a bit out of hand.

What does me in is the inconsistency of communication, Ross saying hours before a "patch day" that one is upcoming and the last two Wednesdays we've been due a patch we're told "oh it's not actually coming today after all" which rightly frustrates the people still trying to play through seemingly game breaking issues.

I get Ross and the team get swamped with questions and we're a demanding bunch sometimes but communication could be better from both sides of the coin as we all want the same end product.

See. This is the kind of rational disappointment I can get on board with

AJ MODS

National Board President
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
I mean I can explain again that there's more than one person who works on things if you like?

Yes - there's work being done on cross gen play - because it's the overwhelming feedback on Big XIs that people like the mode but finding a match is tough, especially with there now being a split between the players on previous and current gen consoles.

The Test the Best mode was always planned to return, but similar to Big XIs, it was pushed back to allow people who would work on that feature to complete other things first.

There's a bunch of work continuing to be done in career mode, on stability improvements, on performance, on online match quality, the academy - including download and search speed, gameplay including AI tuning and fielding and more. Some of that you'll see in this week's patch, some of it might be the next one or the one after that.

----

Would just make a wider comment on tickets, I think people over estimate the separation there - the support site is there as the official support channel - as opposed to the social media pages, but we try and get your feedback from many sources - including posts on here. You're telling the same people the same thing if you post it on here vs putting in a ticket.

I would recommend putting in a ticket if the cases where you have a specific issue with a save you have - as that is the simplest path to be able to uniquely check and follow up with you - but if you have a request or just comments about the game, making a ticket and making a post end up in the same pile that we work from in terms of identifying and prioritising requests, problems and feedback.

It's just a weird situation to be on here reading posts complaining about fatigue in putting in tickets - I can and do see your posts, others on the team see your posts or can be linked to them to follow up.

The bug report thread is very underutilised - the clean thread of just the specific issues is very helpful for ensuring things are not missed in here - both from the discussion moving on factor, or just for the ease of those at Big Ant seeing the posts.
I have seen tickets being ignored
And secondly Basics of game are already broken
I guess many will agree start of game was better than this
Everytime we can't laugh watching fielding animations

Users who are viewing this thread