Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
BTW any one agrees that Ross has narcissist personality disorder? I know these people , my wife has this , currently she is another country and blocked on my watsapp ( yes she has blocked me too , how dare I blocked her and didn't tolerate her insults and criticism)

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I have seen tickets being ignored
If you have specific tickets I can follow up and find out the status of them, but in general there's too high of a volume to give an individual followup when there's not a need to get more information directly from you.

And secondly Basics of game are already broken
Vague statements are very hard to follow up with and work on - especially when people play an over and make conclusions on a new patch or generalise from one match that the whole AI has changed or something.

Honestly, the most important bit of feedback missing is people saying when something they did think was a problem, and actually following up when it's better. People generally just go silent about something - but I don't know if that's people giving up on posting about something, or that they are now happy. It can then also lead to continuing to try new changes that some people then end up saying "why did you change this, it was fine" to.

There should be a number of improvements to fielding - particularly on the wicketkeeper - in this update. We'll then have to see what the feedback after this point is like and then work out what is next.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I mean I can explain again that there's more than one person who works on things if you like?

Yes - there's work being done on cross gen play - because it's the overwhelming feedback on Big XIs that people like the mode but finding a match is tough, especially with there now being a split between the players on previous and current gen consoles.

The Test the Best mode was always planned to return, but similar to Big XIs, it was pushed back to allow people who would work on that feature to complete other things first.

There's a bunch of work continuing to be done in career mode, on stability improvements, on performance, on online match quality, the academy - including download and search speed, gameplay including AI tuning and fielding and more. Some of that you'll see in this week's patch, some of it might be the next one or the one after that.

----

Would just make a wider comment on tickets, I think people over estimate the separation there - the support site is there as the official support channel - as opposed to the social media pages, but we try and get your feedback from many sources - including posts on here. You're telling the same people the same thing if you post it on here vs putting in a ticket.

I would recommend putting in a ticket if the cases where you have a specific issue with a save you have - as that is the simplest path to be able to uniquely check and follow up with you - but if you have a request or just comments about the game, making a ticket and making a post end up in the same pile that we work from in terms of identifying and prioritising requests, problems and feedback.

It's just a weird situation to be on here reading posts complaining about fatigue in putting in tickets - I can and do see your posts, others on the team see your posts or can be linked to them to follow up.

The bug report thread is very underutilised - the clean thread of just the specific issues is very helpful for ensuring things are not missed in here - both from the discussion moving on factor, or just for the ease of those at Big Ant seeing the posts.
With all due respect, BA can say that things will improve with patches. But how long is the question. With two patches in a month means that the game could be at least two months away from being in a good condition if at all it improves. 6 months for a game to get everything right after the release is a bit too much given the fact that BA will probably announce the next cricket game in about 15 months from now. Probably BA should collect the money for the game in instalments as they do the ‘incremental progress’ to the game. We paid 4000 INR to play on December 2nd 2021. Now it is March and still we have a broken game.

caprikaps

Club Captain
@MattW here you go if this would help in quick resolution before the next patch. FIRST 2 clips are on semi automated field and third is on fully automated

1st ball

2nd ball

3rd ball

Whats even more frustrating is the AI dismissals, if you drop a catch once, the AI would continue eding back to back balls before it gets dismissed. This has been so obvious since day 1 and surprisingly was never worked upon. This obvious scripting makes you quit the game and call it a day.

can we get both the issues resolved? FYI - these clips were recorded today after the latest patch on Ps5
@MattW - Bringing this back to the top of the thread - this is still there after I raised it with videos a month back - this happens with semi assisted fields forcing people to use fully assisted fields. Any thoughts on this?

AJ MODS

National Board President
India
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
With all due respect, BA can say that things will improve with patches. But how long is the question. With two patches in a month means that the game could be at least two months away from being in a good condition if at all it improves. 6 months for a game to get everything right after the release is a bit too much given the fact that BA will probably announce the next cricket game in about 15 months from now. Probably BA should collect the money for the game in instalments as they do the ‘incremental progress’ to the game. We paid 4000 INR to play on December 2nd 2021. Now it is March and still we have a broken game.
It is almost triple of Cricket 19

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Now it is March and still we have a broken game.
Vague statements are very hard to follow up with and work on
If you just want to post "it is broken" without expanding on it, I can't help you. I absolutely do not think the game in its current state can be reasonably described as 'broken'.

As I've said to you before, there's no way to change the release date product, the *only* thing we can do is ongoing patches and improvements, and that's what's happening and will continue to happen.

@MattW - Bringing this back to the top of the thread - this is still there after I raised it with videos a month back - this happens with semi assisted fields forcing people to use fully assisted fields. Any thoughts on this?
I can ask QA again - but I've personally never had it happen while I've been playing.

Do you by any chance play with some non default sliders speeding stuff up? I haven't seen widespread reports of this beyond a few posts, so have to assume there's some unique factor triggering it we've yet to identify.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Well, as per Ross’ tweet that someone linked, he almost seems to be saying - if you don’t like the game, stop playing it! If you play it, stop complaining (or in that case, leaving negative reviews)!

That should give enough indication of what the mindset is at BigAnt (atleast with the top management).

Can’t express how utterly disappointed I am after reading that tweet!

Tbh, the only saving grace for me is seeing MattW taking out the time to reply to queries and handling things in such a mature and calm way (am sure it would be really difficult for him, seeing the tone of some of the comments posted here)! But am truly disappointed with Ross’ attitude

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If you just want to post "it is broken" without expanding on it, I can't help you. I absolutely do not think the game in its current state can be reasonably described as 'broken'.

As I've said to you before, there's no way to change the release date product, the *only* thing we can do is ongoing patches and improvements, and that's what's happening and will continue to happen.

I can ask QA again - but I've personally never had it happen while I've been playing.

Do you by any chance play with some non default sliders speeding stuff up? I haven't seen widespread reports of this beyond a few posts, so have to assume there's some unique factor triggering it we've yet to identify.
Well to begin with the overall fielding has been a mess ever since the release of the game. Also the AI bowling length to a left hander is another thing. One more thing that was broken a few patches ago was the broadcast cam. It zooms out so much that we can't see what's going on after an inside edge. These things are pretty much broken to me. And @MattW I appreciate how calmly you are listening to us. On the other hand the CEO can't even take a simple criticism. That guy is just nuts. Today's tweet is just ridiculous. I haven't seen anyone that rude to their customers.

caprikaps

Club Captain

Nothing alarming that I remember of. Just bumped up the max speed to 65 and min speed to 55 and max vis fast speed to 80 and max vis spin speed to 55.

Anything else that you want from me to help you?

@Rumple43 - has raised this multiple times;

I guess people are mostly using fully assisted fields hence not much whining on this.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
One more thing that was broken a few patches ago was the broadcast cam. It zooms out so much that we can't see what's going on after an inside edge.
Please make a post in the bugs thread with a video and a listing out of the camera options you have - fielding/batting/bowling etc. We tried to look at this from a previous comment and couldn't work out what you were referring to.

Should have fielding a lot better in this next update, and work continues on AI bowling length, likely the next patch after this one should have some improvements.

Again - a list like that is actionable - just saying stuff like "broken" or "bad AI" isn't something you can work on.

Anything else that you want from me to help you?
Maybe just DM me your PSN(?) profile ID, so I can get a save data collection thing, then I can get all your settings and play the game with your setup and see if it will happen.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On PS5, the controller lacking of vibrations unlike PS4
While selecting SEAM ANGLE with Left stick in Pro controls and while leaving the ball in batting with pro controls with PS5 version Dual sense controller not vibrating but on PS4 version the vibration working beautifully

Users who are viewing this thread