Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Just played on career mode with new patch played a t20 a one day and a test and it felt good and felt like the AI know what they need to be doing or not need to be doing and also noticed different shots and different types of wickets taken and a few dropped catches at pace which is good.

The only downsides I see now are……

Wicketkeeper faces wrong way when waiting to receive the ball off fielder (quite a lot) resulting in him being smacked on the head

Fielding is a little better but the dives and misses are still so frustrating still abs really need sorting

On broadcast 2 camera bowling it seems to have a mind of its own and sometimes zooms out and fixes on one frame not sure if it’s supposed to but wasn’t there yesterday

Few stuff ironed out and it’s a great game

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
In games like Cricket 19 and Ashes Cricket, you could choose the mentality for bowling and batting when creating your player. I noticed that is missing in character creation in Cricket 22's career mode. Or is that where archetypes come in?

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In games like Cricket 19 and Ashes Cricket, you could choose the mentality for bowling and batting when creating your player. I noticed that is missing in character creation in Cricket 22's career mode. Or is that where archetypes come in?
Don't get me started on mentalities, two patches ago they locked modifying mentalities for licensed players.

I still don't understand what could possibly be 'license issue' with a simple change of mentality which literally dictates how a player goes about his game..

And Ross's reply to this on twitter was 'report it to the team and they'll see what they can do with it', sure bunch of people will say assign 'Balanced' mentality to Steve Smith and someone like me who exclusively plays longer formats would say assign 'precise' :facepalm

Same goes for batting/bowling styles being locked, I can agree for players like Smith or Cummins, but what about all the rest of the players, we aren't asking for any visual change or for putting clown noses on licensed players.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Don't get me started on mentalities, two patches ago they locked modifying mentalities for licensed players.

I still don't understand what could possibly be 'license issue' with a simple change of mentality which literally dictates how a player goes about his game..

And Ross's reply to this on twitter was 'report it to the team and they'll see what they can do with it', sure bunch of people will say assign 'Balanced' mentality to Steve Smith and someone like me who exclusively plays longer formats would say assign 'precise' :facepalm

Same goes for batting/bowling styles being locked, I can agree for players like Smith or Cummins, but what about all the rest of the players, we aren't asking for any visual change or for putting clown noses on licensed players.

I would 100% stick a clown nose on Steve Smith if I could mind

cricboi

Club Captain
Something has happened to the fielding since the latest patch where basically every return throw to the keeper or bowler from fielders in the circle end up with them needing to dive to retrieve it. This often leads to overthrows, drops, or weird stuff where the bowler dives and the return throw hits their legs and trickles into the outfield. I dont even mind that it looks ridiculous but it's getting annoying when an easy toss from mid on back to the bowler ends up in runs. Is it possible to just have all return throws, especially those that have no bearing on a run out, automatically be caught and/or accurate? Like why does the game even need errors (throwing the ball 10 feet after the play has ended) that are never seen in real life?

another issue is that keepers are not chasing balls that get hit behind them. This means pop ups that should be easily caught are not only ignored, but no other fielder will go get them so they just sit there until someone runs 3 and then finally the keeper goes to get it.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Something has happened to the fielding since the latest patch where basically every return throw to the keeper or bowler from fielders in the circle end up with them needing to dive to retrieve it. This often leads to overthrows, drops, or weird stuff where the bowler dives and the return throw hits their legs and trickles into the outfield. I dont even mind that it looks ridiculous but it's getting annoying when an easy toss from mid on back to the bowler ends up in runs. Is it possible to just have all return throws, especially those that have no bearing on a run out, automatically be caught and/or accurate? Like why does the game even need errors (throwing the ball 10 feet after the play has ended) that are never seen in real life?

another issue is that keepers are not chasing balls that get hit behind them. This means pop ups that should be easily caught are not only ignored, but no other fielder will go get them so they just sit there until someone runs 3 and then finally the keeper goes to get it.
Yeh I agree with this I had 2 fielders just stood frozen for about 5 seconds cost me 3 runs it’s happened 4/5 times in a test match so far (on day 2)

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
What a liars!!!! They have not been upfront and honest about the game since pre launch.
What did they lie about, is it secretly a tennis game? Must be reasons do say.
Post automatically merged:

Where is @MattW ?

I want to listen what he says on broken game basics along with black box keep coming on xb1x and constant game crashes in career mode. Where as BA priority at moment is enabling cross gen game … wow.

Dont say there is nothing broken in game instead these are new features. ….. hahaha
Who is MattW and why is he so important in all of this?

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Alright everyone, lets all take a step back and take a few deep breaths, lie-down and have a thought. Stop the subtle/not so subtle sniping of other users, sneer comments etc. The last ten pages or so on this discussion thread haven't been our best in terms of posting habits.

People over here starting to get petulant about a video game, when there are maternity hospitals getting bombed in broad daylight. Keep some perspective people.

Not saying you can't be disappointed or negative towards something you disagree with after an update, but whinging, moaning etc without a level of reason or suggesting constructive feedback etc is getting tiresome.

I may sound harsh, but lets keep it civil and constructive.
Like accusing new members of being former members because we cross our 't's' roughly the same so everyone lynches them until they realise it is supposed to be a decent 'open' alleged forum.

Censorship, is that a wholly Russian idea (no).

Yes keeper are slow in stumping and in runout too... In last patch bowler acted quickly in runout situation, which looks awesome... But keeper still act little or too slow all the time... (Not played latest patch yet)
The fielding is generally very slow.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Like accusing new members of being former members because we cross our 't's' roughly the same so everyone lynches them until they realise it is supposed to be a decent 'open' alleged forum.

Censorship, is that a wholly Russian idea (no).

The fielding is generally very slow.

So are you just being inflammatory for the craic here or what?

Users who are viewing this thread