Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hester

County Cricketer
This patch has definitely put the game backwards.AI now bowling excessive no balls as well as byes and wides.Michael Atherton repeating run out chance missed when batsmen never even run.No improvement to fielding scoring fours to often in Test mode.This is the second patch on PS5 that has made made the game less playable than the previous effort.So now another two weeks without playing.I just cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel for this game.The patches just seem to break the game even more.They've had two weeks to produce this horrendous effort.I genuinely cannot see any improvement apart from the academy working a little quicker.I would happily just take a refund.Big Ant and Namco collaborating has not come off unfortunately.
I agree with everything you've said. However, before this patch I couldn't even play the game for 10 minutes before it would crash, so I can at least play this janky-ass, glitched to buggery "cricket game" now.

dazzer269

School Cricketer
replying to WesleyH #12394 (my quote reply isnt working)

But they used to, hehe. Not quite Ian Rush arcing his run for a Dalglish through ball, but they used to have a natural, organic running curved motion after hitting the ball and then running off to the other end of the wicket, and everytime I watched it, the movement looked different.

Its still in the game of course if viewing a replay with the cam set above the wicket, but it was so cool to have the window in the bottom right that sadly caused people on ZX81's to have a lower FPS in game.

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
I've started a new test and the AI has brought the spin bowler on after 6 overs. It's day 2 and my 1st innings. The wicket is standard, no cracks. Hard.
AI used to start spin bowling around 20 overs in and even that was too early, but after 6 overs? This seems broken to me.

Anyone else seeing this?
Leach was bowling a spell against me last night,got to the new ball at 80 overs,he took the new ball and carried on bowling for another 8 overs :lol

Hester

County Cricketer
Leach was bowling a spell against me last night,got to the new ball at 80 overs,he took the new ball and carried on bowling for another 8 overs 
Well, the AI was Bangladesh and it turns out that they are obsessed with picking spin bowlers. So, it was kind of my fault...

cricboi

Club Captain
@MattW want to thank you for all the good work everyone has been doing on your end and how quickly you've responded to tickets. A lot of aspects have improved and I appreciate it.

with that said, it's been quite some time since you said that the BA team was working on fixing bowling lines to left handed batsmen and I have to say there hasn't really been an improvement. I've been playing a lot of T20 lately and literally every innings starts with the AI bowling over the wicket down the leg side to a 2-7 field. How absurd it looks to start a powerplay with 7 offside fielders and the bowler tossing everything at leg! Even worse, you actually can't even get out caught behind as every edge will always fly away from the keeper/slips.

If this was an overall issue I'd get it but against RHBs the bowling lines are perfect and the fields make sense. Can't you just literally invert it and mirror what teams do against RHBs? Or can you just block the AI from bowling over the wicket against LHBs? Seriously, any adjustment would hep because at this point it's a bit absurd that batting experience is getting weird when one type of batter has such an easier time out there.

I feel like I post about this twice a week but how can it still be that LHBs have such a huge advantage? Can you explain a bit as to why this adjustment is proving so difficult? This was not really an issue in Cricket19 as far as I remember so is there something new here? Should I stop posting about this or is it worthwhile to let you know that this problem remains? Really not trying to be a jerk about it but feel like a very basic aspect of the game (that LH and RH batting feels fairly equal) is still nowhere close to feeling right.

Edit: another solution might be getting the Ai to simply play more leg side dominant fields. I dont know about other people here do this, but I find the easiest way to beat the AI in T20/LO is to pack 5 on the leg and just hammer it at the pads. It leads to the odd boundary but it works fairly well against the AI at every difficulty. Would allowing the AI to mirror the tactics that many users are working with provide a temporary fix? Can't BA see what fields users are working with and mirror those in the AI? Again, I really don't know much about how the programming works so appologies if these are terrible suggestions.

Last edited:

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Champions,

Couple of questions on game settings/ sliders please:

1. How to increase pace bowlers swing to the max (I am after extreme swing, love bowling swing in Eng conditions for ex) - I am currently on 71 (Swing) and 33 (Pace revs) but doesnt swing as much as I would have liked - any suggestions here please?
2. Ball seems too light/ tennis ballish...I read here that decreasing ball bounce with add weight to the ball and shots played (feels heavier on impact to the bat) - is that true?

Thanks in advace for helping me out!

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Hi Champions,

Couple of questions on game settings/ sliders please:

1. How to increase pace bowlers swing to the max (I am after extreme swing, love bowling swing in Eng conditions for ex) - I am currently on 71 (Swing) and 33 (Pace revs) but doesnt swing as much as I would have liked - any suggestions here please?
2. Ball seems too light/ tennis ballish...I read here that decreasing ball bounce with add weight to the ball and shots played (feels heavier on impact to the bat) - is that true?

Thanks in advace for helping me out!
Not 100% sure on the swing but in terms of the ball feeling heavier I’ve seen a few say increase visual speed to 80/90 I’ve got it on 85 for pace and 75 for spin and feels good

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Leach was bowling a spell against me last night,got to the new ball at 80 overs,he took the new ball and carried on bowling for another 8 overs :lol
I've lost count of how many times my batting all-rounder (leg spinner) has been brought into the attack to bowl the 5th over on the first morning of a test match. This and the not-so-gentle dab to 3rd man between the keeper and 2nd slip drives me insane.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
So are you just being inflammatory for the craic here or what?
Just pissed off I'm discriminated because of the actions of others! On the whole scheme of things it isn't great, everyone should be treat fairly and without discrimination and two of your mods have treated me horrendously. I take it I just have to shut up and deal with it?
Post automatically merged:

I've not had a crash since the new patch.
Is it turning your xbox off? Please God no.
LIkewise no crash on the PS4 either.

Would be great if T20s simulation scores get a look , far too less wickets.
Have to agree, I played PNG and they gave me a smacking just not realistic at all.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Far worse in short formats. I feel like tests play very well..
Yes, agree (from what I read) I only play T20 and it just isn't realistic at all so may just play tests and probably sessions at a time due to work commitments.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Just pissed off I'm discriminated because of the actions of others! On the whole scheme of things it isn't great, everyone should be treat fairly and without discrimination and two of your mods have treated me horrendously. I take it I just have to shut up and deal with it?

LIkewise no crash on the PS4 either.

Have to agree, I played PNG and they gave me a smacking just not realistic at all.
1st of many fixes to career mode hopefully.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
The commentary as never been upto much but since the latest patch it is even worse.They say things that don't even tally with what is going off on the field PS5
Just turn it off, I find it a much better experience.

1st of many fixes to career mode hopefully.
I hope so, my gripe was about another issue, however I hold out for a better holistic fix.

Users who are viewing this thread