India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The ITT states that the BCCI has the power to choose anyone other than the highest bidder as well. If the digital broadcast doesn't reach an adequate number of people, Apple might end up being disqualified.
It's Star to continue for sure then.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

I am guessing they are targeting for the North America/Western bases. Apple TV+ hasn't taken off yet in India, and thats why Apple has reduced the prices to Rs 99/month. I highly doubt if they will be given exclusive Indian digital rights they are just a 'tiny drop in the India's ocean of OTT players'.

Does Apple have a channel OR will they show it off a digital platform?

The ITT states that the BCCI has the power to choose anyone other than the highest bidder as well. If the digital broadcast doesn't reach an adequate number of people, Apple might end up being disqualified.

They dont have a channel. Neither does Netflix or Facebook (who are reportedly in the fray). I am guessing these companies are looking to launch live streaming in the coming year and add the IPL to their roster, to start off with?

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
There will be separate TV media and digital rights up for grabs.

There will be also rights for each region separately. A company can bid for either digital or TV rights or both.

Similarly, a company can bid for just India rights. Or just USA region rights. Or combined world wide rights.

BCCI will then choose the highest bidder.

Last time around, if we see, Facebook was leading in digital rights and Sony was winning in TV media rights individually.

But Star gave a consolidated bid for all regions combined with both TV media as well as digital rights. The consolidated bid were higher than both Facebook and Sony combined. Hence, Star won the entire rights worldwide. They then retained the broadcasting for India. And sold off other region rights to other companies by themselves.

SMMODS

Panel of Selectors
India
AUS..
Mumbai Indians
CSK
Sydney Sixers
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ex-RCB Bowlers picking up wickets against RCB. This shows how talented RCB's Management is.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Ex-RCB Bowlers picking up wickets against RCB. This shows how talented RCB's Management is.
RCB management.
images

This is also my mistake that they weren't in form.

Users who are viewing this thread