Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Weirdly I was taking stacks of easy wickets with Harmer when I played a month ago but I've just bowled 6 overs with him and nowt so far. All three of ma wickets have gone to da pacers.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not sure how long he's been updated for but its good to see Rashid Khan looking a bit like himself these days:

cricket22_2022_04_14_17_30_13_067.png

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Green pitches have an issue without a doubt..

But with timing on 60 and wicket chance 30..

Friction to 60
Hall Friction to 30

I’m having the AI score nicely.

However I will say on a grassy top I tend to play it as you would in real life.

I may bring the spinner on for an over on two before lunch.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I was happy to give it a try on default, as suggested. So this is just the base sliders, legend AI, hard bowling, default physics sliders.

60/4 after 25, all off spin on a grassy pitch at Lord's. It was easily the best I've seen the AI bat today. Mainly because the right handers actually worked the ball to leg rather than working the ball into their own pads and getting out.

Striker timing was 15 lower and AI wicket chance 13 higher than when I got 3 wickets in 2 overs in the middle of my three testing matches.

So there you have it lads, just put everything back on default and have at it.

In other news, doing this testing has magically erased my story game that I was in the middle of. Which is just lovely.

**EDIT**

Looking down my list of custom sliders that I used in sessions one and two and comparing them to default that I used for session three:

• The AI striker timing is worse
  • The AI wicket chance is higher

• There's more spin revs = more spin
  • There's way more flight
  • There's way more drift

• User spin bowling difficult is drastically lower
  • User input windows are wider, making it easier to hit perfect inputs.
Yet, the AI seems to find it easier to bat against? :flush:
is the grassy pitch the culprit here? (besides all the pointless slider settings which now make no sense at all)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
is the grassy pitch the culprit here? (besides all the pointless slider settings which now make no sense at all)
Yes, I think so.

And the slider settings don't make a lot of sense but I have enjoyed using them for the most part. Maybe they're a placebo of sorts, but so long as you enjoy the game, I suppose it doesn't matter.

I think today's general whinge was just because I'm tired and in a grumpy mood. Probably should have just shut my browser, or waited to post another time rather than to prompt any "sky is falling" type narrative. Apologies.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How does it affect the pace bowlers? By lowering the wicket chance and other settings. Doesn'tit make pace bowling impossible. Like already pacers don't get wickets.
I had my pace bowlers taking 4 wickets in a turning pitch. Haven’t actually tried under pace bowling conditions

Edit: This is before yesterday’s patch

Last edited:

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yes, I think so.

And the slider settings don't make a lot of sense but I have enjoyed using them for the most part. Maybe they're a placebo of sorts, but so long as you enjoy the game, I suppose it doesn't matter.

I think today's general whinge was just because I'm tired and in a grumpy mood. Probably should have just shut my browser, or waited to post another time rather than to prompt any "sky is falling" type narrative. Apologies.
No worries :) my moaning about the lack of clouds was from a similar state of mind. But I still enjoy the game despite it all

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is there any issue in assigning bats to players after yesterday’s patch?

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Users who are viewing this thread