Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Tried to recreate similar to what we saw in South Africa recently..

Bangladesh certainly wasnt out to entertain anyone, very watchful and dogged.

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.14 - 19.52.12.64.pngCricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.14 - 19.52.16.46.png

Mahraj grabbed 5 after 30 overs of bowling. 1 Bat Pad to leg slip. 1 LBW, 2 bowled, 1 lovely catch at 1st slip

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.14 - 18.31.35.31.pngCricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.14 - 18.31.43.43.png

Its the best i have seen the AI bat by an absolute mile.

cricboi

Club Captain
@MattW Just want to echo some of the earlier sentiments about the gameplay improvements not being as noticeable in career mode. When I play custom competition or Play Now modes the fielding is quite crisp and there are rarely overthrows, however in career mode it seems like each return throw is potentially treacherous. I've also found that the AI batters don't really respond to required run rates in Limited Over formats in career mode. For example, I'm playing in the CPL and was batting with Pollard. It was 145-3 in the 17th over and we needed about 12 runs per over. However instead of trying shots he ended at 7-14 and I only got on strike for 3-4 balls (run rate was at default btw). This hasn't been the case in modes outside of career mode so I'm just wondering if this is an issue BA is looking into.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
@MattW Just want to echo some of the earlier sentiments about the gameplay improvements not being as noticeable in career mode. When I play custom competition or Play Now modes the fielding is quite crisp and there are rarely overthrows, however in career mode it seems like each return throw is potentially treacherous. I've also found that the AI batters don't really respond to required run rates in Limited Over formats in career mode. For example, I'm playing in the CPL and was batting with Pollard. It was 145-3 in the 17th over and we needed about 12 runs per over. However instead of trying shots he ended at 7-14 and I only got on strike for 3-4 balls (run rate was at default btw). This hasn't been the case in modes outside of career mode so I'm just wondering if this is an issue BA is looking into.
I’ve got 2 T20 games coming up on career mode so I’ll keep an eye on this I must say I’ve never had a problem with AI not responding to required run rate I watched my side bat in career mode needing 14 off final over and they really went for it and when playing last night I thought the fielding was great, quick no overthrows or silly jumping it looked the best it’s been since release. Whet console are you on ? Also what team are you playing with not sure if it could make a difference but I’m England and every player is rated 93 upwards

Kunal Indurkhya

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Screenshot (21).png@MattW Ball going through the bat in an "IDEAL" TIMING is the most frustrating thing ever!!! I guess this is a known issue, but still BA cant fix this shitty thing !Screenshot (22).png

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
View attachment 266215@MattW Ball going through the bat in an "IDEAL" TIMING is the most frustrating thing ever!!! I guess this is a known issue, but still BA cant fix this shitty thing !View attachment 266216
What have you got your miss influence and skill influence (think that’s right the last ones under batting) sliders on ? I’m sure I watched a YouTube video saying having these too high brings the ball through bat glitch to life as this happened to me twice when I put the sliders up to 95

cricboi

Club Captain
I’ve got 2 T20 games coming up on career mode so I’ll keep an eye on this I must say I’ve never had a problem with AI not responding to required run rate I watched my side bat in career mode needing 14 off final over and they really went for it and when playing last night I thought the fielding was great, quick no overthrows or silly jumping it looked the best it’s been since release. Whet console are you on ? Also what team are you playing with not sure if it could make a difference but I’m England and every player is rated 93 upwards
Currently playing in the CPL with the Trinidad Knight Riders. the team is pretty good and playing on PS4. I get that a CPL team might not field as well as England (lol england) but the overthrows have been noticeable. That said, maybe it's just a small sample size issue and I over reacted (crossing my fingers that this is the case).

edit: Just played a test in career mode and realized the over throws are happening there when the outfielders try to throw to me (the bowler) . I've found my player has a lot of trouble catching or even knocking down anything. constantly balls get hit right at me and they just go through me rather than making a play at the ball. i guess this is an over correction from the spiderman bowlers but it's a bit too far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread