Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Karma for owning Sydney Roosters? :eyes
It didn't happen overnight but it wasn't noticeable because I used to be a part of like 6-7 leagues maybe more at once! Here it's different we have one of the best squad that just won't fire together!

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Lahore Qalandars' XI:

1. :bar: :os: :wkb: Shai Hope
2. :pak: :local: :bat: Abdul Bangalzai
3. :nz: :os: :bat: Kane Williamson
4. :pak: :local: :bat: Saud Shakeel
5. :eng: :os: :ar: Ben Stokes :c:
6. :pak: :local: :bat: Rohail Nazir
7. :ind: :os: :ar: Ravindra Jadeja
8. :pak: :local: :ar: Hammad Azam
9. :pak: :local: :ar: Zafar Gohar
10. :pak: :local: :bwl: Haris Rauf
11. :pak: :local: :bwl: Shahnawaz Dahani

2 changes; Abdul Wahid Bangalzai and Rohail Nazir replace Imran Butt and Azam Khan.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
:pak: :local: :bat: Saim Ayub
:pak: :local: :bat: Imam-Ul-Haq
:saf: :os: :bat: Rassie van der Dussen
:eng: :os: :wkb: Jos Buttler
:pak: :local: :bat: Umar Amin
:pak: :local: :ar: Kamran Ghulam
:pak: :local: :bat: Shoaib Malik
:pak: :local: :ar: Mohammad Nawaz
:pak: :local: :ar: Amad Butt
:saf: :os: :bwl: Kagiso Rabada
:pak: :local: :bwl: Shaheen Afridi :c:

@Yash. to confirm or change

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A polite suggestion for @Na Maloom Afraad that has popped up in my head since a few days:

Next season onwards, you should look towards enforcing a certain number of releases before the draft for all teams, because this current method isn't the fairest one where the teams themselves decide on how many they want to retain and release.

Let's say Team A selects a formidable side in their first draft, they then automatically have the luxury to retain that formidable side for as many seasons as they want. In the current method, all someone needs hypothetically is one outstanding draft to form a monopoly for God knows how many seasons. He will not release the players, and nobody else would be able to pick them. Although the players' performance won't remain the same forever, the current method does have a technical loophole. Imposing a specified number of releases, no matter how big or less it is would ensure more equality and fairness, in my opinion.

I would be really interested in everyone's, and most importantly NMA's opinion on this.

Last edited:

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
A polite suggestion for @Na Maloom Afraad:

Next season onwards, you should look towards enforcing a certain number of releases before the draft for all teams, because this current method isn't the fairest one where the teams themselves decide on how many they want to retain and release.

Let's say Team A selects a formidable side in their first draft, they then automatically have the luxury to retain that formidable side for as many seasons as they want. In the current method, all someone needs hypothetically is one outstanding draft to form a monopoly for God knows how many seasons. He will not release the players, and nobody else would be able to pick them. Although the players' performance won't remain the same forever, the current method does have a technical loophole. Imposing a specified number of releases, no matter how big or less it is would ensure more equality and fairness, in my opinion.

I would be really interested in everyone's, and most importantly NMA's opinion on this.
Peshawar Zalmi almost released all its squad with retaining just 5 players. Yet we are quite happy with the current squad we have built this season with the current releases and current draft rules

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Peshawar Zalmi almost released all its squad with retaining just 5 players. Yet we are quite happy with the current squad we have built.
Fair enough, but on another day, you could be entirely disappointed if the other teams retained 80% of their players. You'd have none of your desired players, especially local ones left to pick.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Fair enough, but on another day, you could be entirely disappointed if the other teams retained 80% of their players. You'd have none of your desired players, especially local ones left to pick.
If other teams would have retained 80% of their players, we would have gotten superb lead in the drafts and would have picked top-level new players as well as best ones from 20% of released players, which the other teams will miss out on. So it will again balance it out I guess.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If other teams would have retained 80% of their players, we would have gotten superb lead in the drafts and would have picked top-level new players as well as best ones from 20% of released players, which the other teams will miss out on. So it will again balance it out I guess.
Oh yep, that's a good point, a very good one, in fact. I didn't think that way. Your POV makes sense too

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A polite suggestion for @Na Maloom Afraad that has popped up in my head since a few days:

I don't mind the current method because it keep some realism. But it's a good point that one good draft (which depends on IRL factors allowing you to be timely with your picks) can leave you with a strong core for years.
Maybe we can have this discussion before the next season, if it happens.

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
:pak: :local: :bat: Shan Masood
:pak: :local: :wkb: Mohammad Rizwan :c:
:aus: :os: :bat: Steven Smith
:ind: :os: :bat: Suryakumar Yadav
:ind: :os: :ar: Hardik Pandya :bwl:
:pak: :local: :ar: Khushdil Shah :bwl:
:pak: :local: :bat: Asif Ali
:pak: :local: :ar: Imad Wasim :bwl: