Cricket 24 - General Discussion

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
There are few things that are worrying me..in the screenshots of stadiums released by BA yesterday of the upcoming AFL title, the stands don't look good at all...the blurring effect proportionate to distance is completely missing...there is unusual sharpness in the objects.the lighting and shadow over the stands seem completely out of the place..there might me missing textures.etc overall the stands are not looking realistic at all...i hope Devs fix this in cricket 24..here are pics for reference

Attachments

• IMG_20230421_013711.jpg
    IMG_20230421_013711.jpg
    977.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20230421_013657.jpg
    IMG_20230421_013657.jpg
    954.8 KB · Views: 71

JNT BA

@JNT
Big Ant
These are available in better quality than what was posted rather than screencaps from Bood. As mentioned in that release these were taken from the tools that we use internally, which were to showcase the new stands added, these have many of the in-game effects turned off to get a clear view.
screenshot_Wed_Apr_19_17-00-28_2023.png
screenshot_Wed_Apr_19_17-00-55_2023.png

D

Deleted member 185125

These are available in better quality than what was posted rather than screencaps from Bood. As mentioned in that release these were taken from the tools that we use internally, which were to showcase the new stands added, these have many of the in-game effects turned off to get a clear view.
View attachment 278473
View attachment 278474
Thanks. Can you slide in some screenshots from Cricket 24 as well? Asking for a community.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
View attachment 278473
View attachment 278474

View attachment 278473
View attachment 278474
Nice...then that would solve the shadow, the absent blurring effect and lighting issue we see in the above screencaps.. however according to me colour saturation of the crowd still seem to be little saturated...this needs to be toned down a little...the turf on the other hand is looking very realistic but the saturation of colours in the crowd seems to break that immersion...

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AFL trailer looks same with no changes .. Still the same commic crowd ppl , No realistic things :( Hope C24 will not make big changes as previous c22 version ..

Also , the commentary video shows still the same old scripts are used for c24 , no emotions and robostic things are continued ..

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AFL23 trailer is better. Player models and animations are far better than previous games definitely

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
Seeing those screenshots and AFL trailer, graphics looks absolutely flat.
Being a 3D Animation artist i can say that
-they have worked on the major details but made them look flat.
-Cloud texture is stretched and thus it looks blurry and messed up. Cloud should look crisp clear
- In that night/sunset screenshot, each and every corner of the stadium looks brighter. No dark side or no natural twilight reddish or oranges light effect on the stadium/crowd
- in the AFL trailer, Animation looks great, mechanism looks great but still character looks flat.

Hope they add depth to graphics, as of now like previous cricket 22 there's too much tint and less saturation.
I hope they give these few options in setting to change, brightness, contrast, saturation and black

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Seeing those screenshots and AFL trailer, graphics looks absolutely flat.
Being a 3D Animation artist i can say that
-they have worked on the major details but made them look flat.
-Cloud texture is stretched and thus it looks blurry and messed up. Cloud should look crisp clear
- In that night/sunset screenshot, each and every corner of the stadium looks brighter. No dark side or no natural twilight reddish or oranges light effect on the stadium/crowd
- in the AFL trailer, Animation looks great, mechanism looks great but still character looks flat.

Hope they add depth to graphics, as of now like previous cricket 22 there's too much tint and less saturation.
I hope they give these few options in setting to change, brightness, contrast, saturation and black
Yeah the clouds look like what I would see if I wasn't wearing my spectacles and a storm were approaching

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Here is AFL23 trailer pro team things .. Cricket24 should be beter thn this cuz the ghraphics are same as cricket22 .

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I can live with the fluffy clouds it they actually have any impact on gameplay, cast shadows, etc. Otherwise, what is the point? And please can we have the ability to actually choose the weather this time? The whole summer, autumm, spring options were badly implemented

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I can live with the fluffy clouds it they actually have any impact on gameplay, cast shadows, etc. Otherwise, what is the point? And please can we have the ability to actually choose the weather this time? The whole summer, autumm, spring options were badly implemented
At the time of release of Cricket 22, we were able to choose what type of weather in-game from menu. But patching removed that later.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

Bang on, there are so many fundamentals to get right like the effects of weather, edges, bowling changes, fielding, AI pacing etc. I'm hopeful BA have taken feedback on board and prioritise these, which are all pretty integral to the game of cricket and gaming immersion, over any of the Ultimate Team style flashy nonsense.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Just pointing out how clouds came along during C22's life span. Personally, I think clouds are fine, they're not course like sand.
Clouds on Launch.
20211202003814_1.jpg 20211217005128_1.jpg

Clouds after a month or so after launch.
20220114113604_1.jpg 20211219113543_1.jpg

Clouds a bit after that.
20220319235349_1.jpg 20220319234427_1.jpg 20220312203037_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread