wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Looks like Pakistan sneaked home.
I have never been a fan of Imam as a Test opener, his technique is not suited for seam-friendly conditions, and even in Asia (outside Pakistan), he has struggled. Seems a home track bully.
trump-wink-stage.gif

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They did their best to nearly screw this one up too.

I’ve only been following this on Cricbuzz and it was a really good test. Shakeel is an absolutely elite talent and one that should soon become a cornerstone of this lineup alongside Babar. The Sarfaraz experiment is doomed IMO, give the gloves to Rizwan and bat him at five if you really want him in the side for his batting. Shan seems more and more like a sham and not the reformed cricketer he threatened to be a few years ago, he’s pretty much the Pakistani Crawley at this point. Bin him please.

Don’t think it’s fair to criticise Imam, he was decent in the second innings. If Huraira is an opener his spot isn’t long for the world anyway. I heard a rumour that Shadab is reconsidering playing tests and if he does work on his bowling more he will be a great foil to Abrar in Asia. The future doesn’t seem too bad for this side other than the lack of tests they’re playing.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
They did their best to nearly screw this one up too.

I’ve only been following this on Cricbuzz and it was a really good test. Shakeel is an absolutely elite talent and one that should soon become a cornerstone of this lineup alongside Babar. The Sarfaraz experiment is doomed IMO, give the gloves to Rizwan and bat him at five if you really want him in the side for his batting. Shan seems more and more like a sham and not the reformed cricketer he threatened to be a few years ago, he’s pretty much the Pakistani Crawley at this point. Bin him please.

Don’t think it’s fair to criticise Imam, he was decent in the second innings. If Huraira is an opener his spot isn’t long for the world anyway. I heard a rumour that Shadab is reconsidering playing tests and if he does work on his bowling more he will be a great foil to Abrar in Asia. The future doesn’t seem too bad for this side other than the lack of tests they’re playing.
Need to bring in Hurraira at 3, and Rizwan back in his rightful place.
I’d like Nawaz or Zafar Gohar instead of Noman, but the the rest of the lineup can work

Bevab

Staff Member
Need to bring in Hurraira at 3, and Rizwan back in his rightful place.
I’d like Nawaz or Zafar Gohar instead of Noman, but the the rest of the lineup can work

I assumed Shakeel's natural position was three. If not then Huraira can bat three I suppose. Gohar would be a decent replacement for Noman... not a big fan of Nawaz as I think he isn't good enough in either discipline to be a quality test cricketer but if you can find the right balance to sneak him in then he can work.

scoodledoodle

Club Cricketer
I agree with it like what happen in last years wc we couldn't replace Shaheen with Husnain if it was allowed we probably won the completion Iftikhar game like 15 runs in that over and Husnain has played in bbl and performed goodly

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I agree with it like what happen in last years wc we couldn't replace Shaheen with Husnain if it was allowed we probably won the completion Iftikhar game like 15 runs in that over and Husnain has played in bbl and performed goodly
Yes, injury subs should definitely be allowed.

Bevab

Staff Member
Sweeping Sri Lanka here would be a good result for Pakistan and an improvement on their last series. This side has to start doing better in tests to achieve their potential and this is a good place to start.

If they can shore up their batting and get better tactical advice from Babar I’d fancy them to surprise the Aussies on their own grounds later.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It’s raining heavily here in Germany too. Is the whole world just under water? :p

Users who are viewing this thread