Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
While I appreciate where you're coming from, I think a lot of us would appreciate ANY info before parting with cash to find out if anything has improved. Something from the horse's mouth. I don't feel like the onus should be on us to buy the game and find that information out for ourselves. I know a lot of people who are REALLY invested will buy the game regardless, but that is not all of us. £45-50 is a lot of money to splash on something with next to no information.

Information relating to gameplay improvements like AI run outs, OP spinners, right-handed bowlers generally bowling legside to left-handed batters (and vice versa). What improvements have been made to the AI in specific match situations (if any)? Pitch wear that effects gameplay? Just what are the actual improvements to the fielding systems that have been mentioned in taglines? Actual tangible information that might sell it to the likes of us who aren't necessarily sold on screenshots or hyped-up trailers.

What are the 50+ licenced stadiums? What are the extra teams that have been licenced that haven't actually been publicly 100% confirmed other than teased in social media circles?

I get some of what I've mentioned might be covered by NDA, embargo and such, but surely we can get SOME info on improvements over the previous game without buying it and finding out? One week to go and none of this and been pushed.

I appreciate it may well not be BAS calling the shots on the promotional material, but whoever is calling the shots needs a major course change.

This pretty much. Anyone other than MattW makes that kind of statement such as a new name from BA and we’d be roasting them over the fire pit here.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I am getting the feeling that either the game has been brilliant and boasted with numerous new features and bugfree that BAS got so confident in it that the product will sell it self without any marketing at all or the game is just a stable patched up copy of cricket 22 with new licenses and no newer gameplay enhancements to show off and BAS is just trying to lure audience during worldcup fever to purchase it blindly without seeing anything and maximizing sales because of World Cup in India and IPL partly licensed as well

Bevab

Staff Member
Not that it'd happen for obvious reasons, but as an approach, it begs the question as eluded to above.

Who blinks first? I'm not buying until I see the game in action. But suppose everyone else feels the same. So nobody buys. So nobody plays it to report back. And the cycle goes on.

Part of marketing is to fill that void with your own content and positive spin, right? I'm sure there will be industry media who will review the game, but leaving it to users to populate that space is a risky one.

If there's one thing that nearly 2,400 posts in this thread has shown, it's that there's more that enough nonsense to go around (including my own posts).

I'm not sure I'd trust that input to inform me on if I should spend my cash on this game or not :sweat:

This method works for a game that becomes popular by word of mouth and takes a long time to pay off unless your production costs are minimal (hence why indies are the ones most often benefitting from it). The only other way I can see it working is with a shadow drop like HiFi Rush or Apex but both of those were games from big name companies so you would generate interest regardless.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
We just got a bit of info.. Audio.. instead of discussing what it could mean.

Crisp sound of ball off the bat.. commentary.. vibrant crowds for the World Cup..

We are still advising the company on how to market their game.

As I said they will have their plan and have their reasons.

People on here will always know better.

Bevab

Staff Member
We just got a bit of info.. Audio.. instead of discussing what it could mean.

Crisp sound of ball off the bat.. commentary.. vibrant crowds for the World Cup..

We are still advising the company on how to market their game.

As I said they will have their plan and have their reasons.

People on here will always know better.

More speculation over a tidbit… that’s exactly what this thread needs. :D

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
We all know the drill by now with big ant games .It will be a bug fest when its released and will be patched to an acceptable level within a few months just like every other game they have released.No matter i will still buy it as will most of us on here.Maybe just maybe they are still negotiating to make this the official game of the world cup and /or ipl hence no noise about it .

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
We all know the drill by now with big ant games .It will be a bug fest when its released and will be patched to an acceptable level within a few months just like every other game they have released.No matter i will still buy it as will most of us on here.Maybe just maybe they are still negotiating to make this the official game of the world cup and /or ipl hence no noise about it .
I’ve come to realise after following this thread since day 1 mainly for daily amusement is we all know ……… absolutely nothing still. It’s brilliant

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Thoughts on how to market a game? Sounds exactly like an advice.
We're giving our thoughts to each other in a discussion group. Noone here is talking directly to Ross and saying "I think YOU should......" etc.

I don't know if there's a single person here who would think that Ross would listen to any of us, regarding marketing. Given what we know of Ross from past association with planet cricket, he would perhaps take on board good gameplay suggestions and not the business side of things at all.

Airing thoughts publically is not advising individuals.

KasunD95

School Cricketer
Isn't there a small change game will be available in some stores within next 2 days. As BA have already shipped the games to stores. I remember it was available in Dubai 4 days before the official release of cricket 22

LEFF

Club Captain
I wonder how much the new age of AI plays into Sports titles moving forward. & to that point how long must someone have been passed away before you can use their likeness (voice, image) with the help of AI.

Im thinking Richie Benaud and Tony Greig etc.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Career mode needs something extra.

When I get back to the dressing sheds after yet another dogshit performance I want to be greeted with a full AI recreation of the Buddy Rich band bus meltdown tapes.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
I wonder how much the new age of AI plays into Sports titles moving forward. & to that point how long must someone have been passed away before you can use their likeness (voice, image) with the help of AI.

Im thinking Richie Benaud and Tony Greig etc.

I would assume their families/agencies own their copyright (forever after their death or at least 40/50 years before something becomes copyright-free) and then it becomes a bit of a licensing deal-esque situation. When there is money to be made, everyone puts out their hands.

I don't think it would be that difficult thing to do, especially with the huge backlog of voice samples available for those guys - especially Benauld.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread