Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ok so played a bit more and continued on something I was doing last year.

I think you can skill players to really represent strengths and weaknesses they have in real life.

For example and this is very rushed but i made one of the South African openers horrendous on the drive and the other horrendous on the glance.

Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.07 - 10.43.48.100.png

Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.07 - 10.44.14.12.png

This resulted in multiple play and misses on the drive and ultimately lead to him nicking off...

And the guy who was weak on the glance

Desktop Screenshot 2023.10.07 - 10.48.13.82.png

Got out trying to work it away.

This isnt new but its there if people want to tinker. I personally would wait till the styles are sorted out etc.

One thing I will be highlighting back is keepers really need to stop diving about everywhere.. they are just in the way.

Issue with this obviously is you can't do it to licensed teams

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok the fielders do definitely speak or encourage you as your walking back to bowl..

Just been told to keep my left arm up. I'm playing as the West Indies and it doesn't like Dave from Dagenham was talking to me though.

Also.. announcer keeps calling me Oman so he's been sacked

Guys bowl a no ball.. tell me that crowd reaction shouldn't be there and for play and misses instead!
this on PC, or PS5? Only using the headset, or without?

For me - PS5, no headset - there is no in-game chatter whatsoever, the announcer is silent: all the environment sounds are non-existent.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Mentality also working this time for both batters and bowlers but I still think for next version the developers should start fresh in new engine and start things from scratch, it’s looks like impossible to fix stuff in this engine without breaking other things
Post automatically merged:

Basically we finally got the stuff working in c24 which was supposed to be working from cricket 19 , time to move on to new engine and fresh start the game is just too samey now

B

Bigby Wolf

Played the first batting innings a t20 game between mi vs srh.

The batting does feel a different ball comes nicely onto the bat and more smooter animations.

Gotta say liking the gameplay so far.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
PC... no commentary. Headset pretty loud. Heard it a few times.. "come on mate you got him" "support the bowler lads"
OK. Maybe it's just too quiet without the headset, or PC is a different build. This doesn't exist on PS5. They don't even call "no" when you cancel a run

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
I get loads of chatter also on ps5,and this really annoying horn that keeps going off in the crowd,I mean who hears a horn at Lord's?
Disappointing thing for me is played a full day and not seen one edge,5 wickets gone 2 lbw and 3 bowled,weird how everyone is getting different results.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I get loads of chatter also on ps5,and this really annoying horn that keeps going off in the crowd,I mean who hears a horn at Lord's?
Disappointing thing for me is played a full day and not seen one edge,5 wickets gone 2 lbw and 3 bowled,weird how everyone is getting different results.

In fairness that's why I liked 22 a lot. Every game is different. Australia were 122-0 against me yesterday and 21-2 against me this morning with same pitch settings.

All dismissals are there. I do think sometimes the teams are over skilled and you lose some lovely variety in beating the bat etc

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Some of the audio jeeeez.. when the batsmen is jumping sounds like a bag of potatoes being shaken. And when the bowler starts his run up sounds like he's wearing full waterproofs

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
In fairness that's why I liked 22 a lot. Every game is different. Australia were 122-0 against me yesterday and 21-2 against me this morning with same pitch settings.

All dismissals are there. I do think sometimes the teams are over skilled and you lose some lovely variety in beating the bat etc

I had some nice variety in dismissals also and quite a few play and misses from Pakistan. 4 wickets to spin and 6 to seam on a dusty Lahore pitch.

I did feel that Babar was head and shoulders above the other Pakistani batsmen, whether based on overall ability or player style, he played at balls others would leave, until he got castled by a yorker.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I had some nice variety in dismissals also and quite a few play and misses from Pakistan. 4 wickets to spin and 6 to seam on a dusty Lahore pitch.

I did feel that Babar was head and shoulders above the other Pakistani batsmen, whether based on overall ability or player style, he played at balls others would leave, until he got castled by a yorker.

The gameplay isn't the issue. As it wasn't at the end of 22. The issue is there's not much going on that's different and the usual issues that were in 22 are still present.

Users who are viewing this thread