Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Here's the broken WC video in case anyone wants to see. He even starts a new tournament and it still happens. Absolutely incredible.
That's Ashes 13 level of mediocrity. Just sad more than anything. After 6(!!!!!!) iterations this is it. This is the legacy of Don Bradman Cricket 14. At least Trickstar had the excuse of working on their first cricket game.

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Weird feeling around this release haha. It's dead here.
I have no enthusiasm for playing it. I prefer career mode and with all the things not fixed and nothing new added to it, there is just zero incentive to play it.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Has Bigants team communicated on what is that they are trying to fix immediately on priority and what is that they are planning to fix later on ? I can't find any patch notes so far for Cricket 24.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I have no enthusiasm for playing it. I prefer career mode and with all the things not fixed and nothing new added to it, there is just zero incentive to play it.

Well it's a case of we have seen it all before. I have a lot of time for @passwordistaco content. Always top drawer.. but again it's the same stuff.

Has Bigants team communicated on what is that they are trying to fix immediately on priority and what is that they are planning to fix later on ? I can't find any patch notes so far for Cricket 24.
I know the batting styles issue is being looked at.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
I just can't imagine Big Ant thought this would go well. Were they hoping that the licences would distract from the miniscule improvements and massive bugs? I just don't see the game plan (ironic considering AI in the game) and nowhere do I see an actual acknowledegment of the state of the game just a luke warm attempt to spin this as "a lot of things going on under the hood".

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have there been any patches for PC or PS5? I know they haven't done one for xbox.

Karachi

Associate Captain
That's Ashes 13 level of mediocrity. Just sad more than anything. After 6(!!!!!!) iterations this is it. This is the legacy of Don Bradman Cricket 14. At least Trickstar had the excuse of working on their first cricket game.

Yup, that's reminiscent of Ashes 13 alright.

I am also baffled that at places the game looks (optically) incredibly good but in most places it is terribly cartoonish. The good graphics are mainly in the case of stadiums and grounds from Australia and England. I have also seen a guy play the game on a plane/patternless grass. Although there is a significant improvement in patternless field graphics from the previous iteration there are, however, problems with graphics rendering. The lower half of the ground had beautifully rendered grass and other up half looked like astroturf. He is still playing it live so if anyone wants to check it out.

I think he is playing on PS5, so the rendering shouldn't be the problem with the console but the game itself?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
But it shouldnt be neccessary. Such a glaring thing should have been caught months ago surely? And there are so many glaring things that you think did anyone, anyone at all look at this thing before release? It's just exasperating it really is.

Oh mate I fully agree. How some of the stuff gets past testing then past a day 1 patch is utterly beyond me.

The only saving grace is 22 gameplay in tests was solid. So it's the same here. But it's not an upgrade.

I really though all these licenses would bring so many more animations and actions etc. That's my biggest disappointment. Now abroad is injured you basically only have Jimmy with his action and you can't change them.

No point at all having Nz or West Indies licensed. Adds nothing.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Oh mate I fully agree. How some of the stuff gets past testing then past a day 1 patch is utterly beyond me.

The only saving grace is 22 gameplay in tests was solid. So it's the same here. But it's not an upgrade.
I remember the beta discussions we had on Ashes 17 regarding the postion of second slip and gully and where they should be. Photo's, graphs, builds and builds of different positions to test them out: thats the kind of micro testing there was to try and capture the nuances of cricket. Now it's more like....er they are scoring four byes off every ball....did no one notice that in testing? ......what the serious feck is going on.

Keepers sliding through stumps and players, bowlers sliding on the pitch (the holiest of holiest in cricket: don't even THINK of walking on the pitch!) but here we completely defy every known law of the universe and just slide all over it like its a fecking waterslide at your local pool.

Users who are viewing this thread