Cricket 24 - General Discussion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
For AFL fans, what was the communication like from BA with regards to patches for that hot mess of a game?

Were their official comms or just the usual where Ross can't help himself but reply to people on Twitter.
BA did them 3 months solid now they have stopped.
Post automatically merged:

2012. They did a cracking rugby league game all player models looked different and decent don’t know what’s happened why we’ve got all stick men now
IMG_2195.jpeg

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
just checked my files !!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-08 135324.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-08 135324.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 81

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Played Ashes Cricket today. Must tell you, despite the shortcomings, that felt like the closest possible complete cricket game simulation from BA. The bodies have weight, physics different. During t20's they still playing test but C22 was no good either. Not by a long shot. Telling you guys.. don't milk the garbage C24. Play AC and DBC

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

2012. They did a cracking rugby league game all player models looked different and decent don’t know what’s happened why we’ve got all stick men now
View attachment 284736
I've a theory..

Back then they were a new company and they wanted to get the attention of potential customers. They put their best efforts and got a good game and player models..

With more buyers coming into picture they expanded the number of games they are working on and the quality came down. If the new games are created with perfection then lesser people will be buying their newer games which will come out in 2 years. So purposefully they under perform the potential of the game..

Even for small improvements people are ready to buy whatever they give us because it's a monopoly. Ross has been lying for 2-3 years now on how they are passionate and blah blah...

Either they are passionate and incompetent to create good games now or they are whatever I said above milking the customer base with delivering the best they can.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

View attachment 284736

I said this before.. there was love a passion and attention to detail.

Now it's rushed and more of a chore churning out the games.

Partly why I always kind of blame NACON

Lack of ambition in that article is spot on. Gameplay wise there's nothing new. Fielding you could argue we were hugely miss lead and AI is the same.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers

View attachment 284736
I guess This game and DBC 14 is so good because of Tru Blu Entertainment... after they parted away, BA games more like Average or below average...

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan

View attachment 284736
After that they have changed their team ! its new team now who knows nothing about any sports games !

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I’m well aware of plenty of cautionary tales of how publishers tend to turn a previously good dev team into something worse but the converse has also occurred. EA caught a lot of flak for Bioware’s perceived quality drop in their game releases starting from DA Inquisition and then onto ME Andromeda which culminated in Anthem until Schreier wrote a story on how Bioware were mismanaged internally (as a result of loosing the talent they previously had) and if anything… EA were guilty of letting them do their own thing out of trust instead of stepping in and getting better quality control.

Now to read this article by a certain Matt since it may well be interesting…

Btw didn’t expected Mattw to completely vanish after the release

Weren’t you extolling the virtues of this game a couple of days ago?

Hester

County Cricketer
This is why many including myself were calling out on multiple pages not buy the game at release. That will force them to atleast put extra effort to correct a lot of things.

Now from a big ant perspective whatever sh!t is been sold as a new game is been bought by people here. So what's the bloody point in putting more effort and adding new features.

The players look like stick figures, don't worry we will buy the game.

The bowler doesn't care to run to the ball inches away from him while batsman score a single, don't worry we will buy the game.

Spinners doesn't even need to try to take a wicket and they get half a dozen, don't worry we will buy the game.

Bowlers will bowl to the opposite handed batsmen in a leg side line, don't worry we will buy the game.

The game crashes every once a while because one community creation which you can even figure out, don't worry we will buy the game.

The keeper / bowler doesn't show any urgency to stump/ runout batsman when this was easily done in Brian Lara cricket 1999, don't worry we will buy the game.

I could go on and on but the base line we are encouraging them to do the same shit again and again because no matter what they do we are buying their games.
I don't think bigant are bothered what people here have to say about the game other than using us as play testers. Bigant only care about the silent majority. The people who'll buy this trash because of the WC. That's it. And the irony is, C24 is actually toilet.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I’m well aware of plenty of cautionary tales of how publishers tend to turn a previously good dev team into something worse but the converse has also occurred. EA caught a lot of flak for Bioware’s perceived quality drop in their game releases starting from DA Inquisition and then onto ME Andromeda which culminated in Anthem until Schreier wrote a story on how Bioware were mismanaged internally (as a result of loosing the talent they previously had) and if anything… EA were guilty of letting them do their own thing out of trust instead of stepping in and getting better quality control.

Now to read this article by a certain Matt since it may well be interesting…

Weren’t you extolling the virtues of this game a couple of days ago?
I am happy with my purchase and enjoying the game but the lack of new features and same old bugs needs some explanation

Users who are viewing this thread