Cricket 24 - General Discussion

@blockerdave @Wealey

Looking for an honest opinion here from two respected voices.

Im tempted to buy the game, more out of curiousity just to see what state its really in, how a test match plays, whether it can even be salvaged by patches etc.

Would it be an absolutely pointless exercise at the moment?

If you have 22 I wouldn't recommend it..

I gave up on PS5 game and a mate gifted me the PC version (you may have seen the screenshots of the farce it was pre-patch) but now after the Steam patch, I bowled 10 overs of spin on a first innings on a first day pitch (supposed to be a day 5 pitch and heavy cracks) no spin at all. In the 11th over one spun (legspin) but the AI 'amazingly' was prepared for it and ran it down to third man for 3 runs. Next 3 balls nothing. Then another one spun, AI missed it but it missed the stumps. Then nothing for the next 2 overs since.

I guess its a very *slight* improvement?

I gave up on PS5 game and a mate gifted me the PC version (you may have seen the screenshots of the farce it was pre-patch) but now after the Steam patch, I bowled 10 overs of spin on a first innings on a first day pitch (supposed to be a day 5 pitch and heavy cracks) no spin at all. In the 11th over one spun (legspin) but the AI 'amazingly' was prepared for it and ran it down to third man for 3 runs. Next 3 balls nothing. Then another one spun, AI missed it but it missed the stumps. Then nothing for the next 2 overs since.

I guess its a very *slight* improvement?
Well you wouldnt want it turning square day one...but then you say you had it heavily cracked and day 5 status from the off.

Maybe its hard coded under the hood to simply turn very little early in the game...or maybe im giving BA way too much credit there and its just another one of the many gazillions of bugs.

The ability to constantly patch games is one of the worst things that’s happened to the video game industry for players.

Means games are always released without stuff being properly tested, meaning those who are passionate and big games immediately act as a studio’s tester for incomplete games.

And as consumers/customers, we don’t tend to get new stuff added for free in patches, they come as DLC instead

Im a PC player.

Still mulling it over, that said at 40 notes, i do doubt my sanity in even considering it.
I'm in the same boat as you. Such is my desperation for a good cricket game I'm tempted to purchase just in case they sort it.

I probably will buy it eventually but I'm waiting for a series of patches first. If the game is still massively flawed at the point where patching is coming to an end I won't bother.

I'm in the same boat as you. Such is my desperation for a good cricket game I'm tempted to purchase just in case they sort it.

I probably will buy it eventually but I'm waiting for a series of patches first. If the game is still massively flawed at the point where patching is coming to an end I won't bother.
Yes thats exactly where i am.

Think i might still hold off for now wait for what the next few patches bring, if they even make any sort of meaningful difference, unlike todays which essentially did little to nothing about the core problems.

Yes thats exactly where i am.

Think i might still hold off for now wait for what the next few patches bring, if they even make any sort of meaningful difference, unlike todays which essentially did little to nothing about the core problems.
Yeah just watching some more gameplay vids, even a test, and its borderline unplayable at the moment from what i see - so ill hold off, for a day that may never come depending what or if BA actually meaningfully patch this game.

Users who are viewing this thread