Cricket 24 - General Discussion

My overriding memory for DBC 14 is that it was very good for test cricket but largely unplayable for ODI and T20.
A fair evaluation. It's a bit of a toss up for me with DBC 14 and Ashes 17 for me. Ashes 17 might just edge it in terms of the fact that you have some slider options there. I can imagine as a content creator there are other criteria as well. For retro lovers and old-school cricket DBC 14 was a joy.

A fair evaluation. It's a bit of a toss up for me with DBC 14 and Ashes 17 for me. Ashes 17 might just edge it in terms of the fact that you have some slider options there. I can imagine as a content creator there are other criteria as well. For retro lovers and old-school cricket DBC 14 was a joy.
The grounds in DBC14 looked so nostalgic and real, post that it has become cartoonish!

The grounds in DBC14 looked so nostalgic and real, post that it has become cartoonish!
I still like just setting up a little local game at the DB Oval and just soaking it in. Can happily play 10 overs as a fielder there watching the game unfold from the slips or cover. Visited the ground and the museum a few years back and the next day watched a little local game going on. Fat blokes trying to be Beefy or Gary Sobers red faced and puffing but the atmosphere was great and there was plenty of good natured banter.

immersion in the 2 BDC games was great. in dbc14 it only really works on PC with franco's mod, otherwise the lack of modding options and AI edges is a big negative. dbc 17 started great, but they made it worse by patching - including removing the possibility of getting the AI out bowled. Ashes too was a good game made worse by inconsistent patches (that's why i left the beta process during AC) and the 4th inns bowling AI would treat it as a "chase" and set ODI fields.

c19 and c22 were better than any of the others, IMO, but the overpowered spin was the key problem.

my gameplay of c24 so far is actually the best of the lot - i know most people might not be ready to hear that. I think the player ratings and conditions make a difference to the user-controlled player i a way i've not felt before. and in my 1 completed test spin was most definitely not overpowered.

the weaknesses are the same that have always been there. poor fielding, poor contextual ai, poor ai generally.

my gameplay of c24 so far is actually the best of the lot - i know most people might not be ready to hear that. I think the player ratings and conditions make a difference to the user-controlled player i a way i've not felt before. and in my 1 completed test spin was most definitely not overpowered.

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

immersion in the 2 BDC games was great. in dbc14 it only really works on PC with franco's mod, otherwise the lack of modding options and AI edges is a big negative. dbc 17 started great, but they made it worse by patching - including removing the possibility of getting the AI out bowled. Ashes too was a good game made worse by inconsistent patches (that's why i left the beta process during AC) and the 4th inns bowling AI would treat it as a "chase" and set ODI fields.

c19 and c22 were better than any of the others, IMO, but the overpowered spin was the key problem.

the weaknesses are the same that have always been there. poor fielding, poor contextual ai, poor ai generally.
Do we know if AI improvements are on their roadmap?

It's frustrating when the game is so half-arsed but you know they could really make it good if they spend the time on it and patch it. But will they? That's one for @MattW

Ross wont see it as it seems he's blocked/muted us all which is disappointing especially compared to they way he was back in DBC 14 days.
I've criticised the game this year (never posted anything bad about previous releases) but I've never flamed or said anything personal about him.
He should be able to take constructive criticism from loyal paying customers about the game. I hope Matt will pass that along to him.

Much more promising to hear.

So all new shots belong to batting style 6?
No, I dont understand why they keep saying that. There were new shots attached to batting style no 7. Now they have reverted it back to generic. I m not talking about style no 6 which is still there. batting style no 7 now has only the backlift which is unique. Shot animations removed.
Post automatically merged:

Style no 7.
This shots bro .. earlier i played one new bating style in career mode who played like muhammad Yousaf .. no idea which bating style it was !!

No, I dont understand why they keep saying that. There were new shots attached to batting style no 7. Now they have reverted it back to generic. I m not talking about style no 6 which is still there. batting style no 7 now has only the backlift which is unique. Shot animations removed.
Post automatically merged:

Style no 7.
why would they remove new animations ,makes no sense ?

@MattW any input on this?

Am I right in thinking that all the C22 community bats are borked (unless you use Slug's workaround) and you can't apply already licensed bats to any players like you could in C22?

Am I right in thinking that all the C22 community bats are borked (unless you use Slug's workaround) and you can't apply already licensed bats to any players like you could in C22?
not being able to apply licensed bats to licensed players is such a backward move.

Users who are viewing this thread