Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Found it cheaper on a key site so thought, after @blockerdave musings, why not.

I know the failings im expecting to see, but is there enough positive here to keep my interest while its patched? Lets see.

Installed now, going to plug in the exact settings from v4 of the slider set for '22 @Rumple43 and start a test India v Windies later.

Had a quick bash in the nets, leggies/offies, ball simply doesnt seem to turn as has been reported, you seeing this too Dave / @Wealey ?

@wasteyouryouth India looks as good as ever when DL, kudos as ever Waste.

So, modded sliders we know work well from the last game, test match...lets see how it goes. Ill report back later with an update.

tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg
I mean I will caveat it by saying I’ve played 1 full match and a few mini-sessions.

The problem is the sound means the immersion is zero, and the frustrations are ones you’ve seen so many times before… and with an identical hud to c22 it’s really “seen it all before” except for the constant cricket 24 stingers on replays which are more “I wish I could unsee that”
Post automatically merged:

Do we know if AI improvements are on their roadmap?
Yeah, since dbc14

Found it cheaper on a key site so thought, after @blockerdave musings, why not.

I know the failings im expecting to see, but is there enough positive here to keep my interest while its patched? Lets see.

Installed now, going to plug in the exact settings from v4 of the slider set for '22 @Rumple43 and start a test India v Windies later.

Had a quick bash in the nets, leggies/offies, ball simply doesnt seem to turn as has been reported, you seeing this too Dave / @Wealey ?

@wasteyouryouth India looks as good as ever when DL, kudos as ever Waste.

So, modded sliders we know work well from the last game, test match...lets see how it goes. Ill report back later with an update.
Little to no turn, but I was using default everyone and bowling with John Emburey and Nick Cook, so I wasn’t expecting a lot. AI span it a bit though.

An absolutely astonishing start to my cricket 24 journey. Just bought the game, went to download teams, was waiting 10 mins whilst it searched for teams to download so came off it. Started a career and then the match wouldn't load when I tried to go into it! Fantastic!

Does anyone what the difficulty slider for Physics actually does? What is the difference between 'Easy' physics vs 'Hardest' physics? I can't seem to find any difference.

why would they remove new animations ,makes no sense ?

@MattW any input on this?
Check twistie3 career mode. He is using batting style no 7 watch till yestrdays videos and then watch today onwards. Youll see the difference.
Same with my career mode.

I have yet to buy 24, I probably won't until later in the patch cycle or if it goes on sale, but I want to bring up an important point about fielding. During the first 6 months of Cricket 22s release I probably filed dozens of tickets. I sent in multiple videos and screenshots, and posted on this very forum which we know is (occasionally) viewed by BA employees. And pretty much every single one of these tickets and posts were related to fielding.

From this we can conclude two possibilities:
1)they don't know how to fix it
2) they know how but don't think it's worth the resources.

3) They simply don’t care

To be fair though, I think it’s Option 1, which leads to……

I agree... I know we have more than enough guys on this forum that can give so much top class feedback and suggestions to BA to make this the ultimate cricket game. I know all of us will gladly help where we can to make this happen. BA, you have so many passionate guys in here who would love to help make this a proper game, but instead of ignoring the people, start listening and engaging with them and watch this game grow. Shouldn't be that difficult...
I know firsthand that there are people who approached BA (and Nacon) to help with at least 2 of their games (with both pre-prod and pre release testing). These people didn’t want anything in return but it was ultimately turned down.

Why on earth you would turn away free help from people that actually know these sports and know video games, is beyond me. It is apparent that they need help both technically and fundamentally, and as passionate as they are, you can tell they don’t “really” know these sports. The only possible conclusion to be had is that BA knows these games aren’t up to par and having outside voices tell them so, prior to release, opens them up to all sorts of issues.

If these problems/flaws are never brought up prior to release, then it’s easier to make an excuse. It also lets them get away with not being capable to make the necessary changes, because there is no one to question them.

Overall it is entirely frustrating. The BA guys have passion for what they do, and Nacon has decent money for them to make things happen…..

Last edited:
Check twistie3 career mode. He is using batting style no 7 watch till yestrdays videos and then watch today onwards. Youll see the difference.
Same with my career mode.
I’m guessing if it’s done that they probably weren’t meant to be there in the first place different batting styles with different shots where as the styles were all the same hence all the different shots you could play

I feel like there's something seriously bugged with the game I just bought. Can't load academy searches, can't load into games, the frame rate of the game is absolutely horrendously choppy and the days are taking forever to count down in player career mode. Can anyone help or advise? I'm on Xbox One.

Users who are viewing this thread