Your Questions For Codemasters....

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
sarwan said:
andrew,its time we moved on.......

I agree. Please respect what other people post in future. Their opinion is just as valid as yours and flaming them just makes you look narrow minded and immature. If you are unable to do this we will have to preview your posts before allowing them onto the board.

sarwan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I agree. Please respect what other people post in future. Their opinion is just as valid as yours and flaming them just makes you look narrow minded and immature. If you are unable to do this we will have to preview your posts before allowing them onto the board.

i agree barmy,but just bcoz i dont agree with someones "idea",does it mean i am disrespecting him????r we not different individuals.i dont have to agree to everything that is posted on this mb.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Of course you don't have to agree, you just have to express your disagreement correctly. You disrespect someone when you attack them personally or insult them on account of their opinion.

sarwan

Club Cricketer
ok fine.i'll try to be polite.but frankly i dont think i was rude.

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
squiz said:
Like in the International Cricket Captain series, it automatically changed each players career average after each innings, still a great game :)

When did you buy the game squiz?I thought you did not have the game :(

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
To put things back on topic, I have a question for Codemasters.

Q: Will the statistics and in-game text be modified to look like how we often see it on TV coverage?

Points: 1. In EA Cricket 2004, the text was often truncated, which looked unprofessional. For example, TENDULKAR was displayed as "TENDULK" which looks, well, kinda lazy. At the very least they could have reduced the font size so that the player's full names could be displayed.

2. When batting, a more thorough description of that players batting performance would be appreciated. For example, in Marcus Trescothicks innings of 62, we would like to see how many 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, and sixes have been scored to achieve this, rather than just balls faced and the boundaries. Presumably, Hawkeye will take care of this and I trust all the stats will be there (cricket fans love statistics as much as baseball fans do in the US).

3. I imagine that when we play the game for the first time, each player will have his career stats in place. Will these stats change as we progress through tournaments? It would be nice, for instance, to begin with Pedro Collins and attempt to reduce his current Test bowling average from 34.32 to say around 25.0 as the years (and Test series) go by.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
As for 3. I would love a single player mode where you could play entirely as one player for a match. Batting, running, bowling (when asked), prob auto-fielding (!) but as one player instead of just the player who happens to be on strike or bowling.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
barmyarmy said:
As for 3. I would love a single player mode where you could play entirely as one player for a match. Batting, running, bowling (when asked), prob auto-fielding (!) but as one player instead of just the player who happens to be on strike or bowling.
Yes that does sound very attractive. This type of system will certainly apply to the online version of the game, which Codemasters is considering for a later release. Imagine this: playing online with 10 of your buddies against 11 other human players from a clan on the other side of the country. Your team is in strife, needing 242 to win the Test match, and is struggling at 82/6. You stride to the crease, and like a Stephen Waugh or a Brian Lara, you score an unbeaten century. Along the way, one of your mates scores 22 and the other just 9, but they provide essential support by keeping their wickets and turning the strike over to you. With one final square cut to the ropes, you take your team to 245/8, clinching an unlikely victory against some of the world's best bowling.

rubbergenius

Club Cricketer
barmyarmy said:

We had this kind of thing in Club Football this year - seemed to work quite well. I've heard nothing about this being in BLIC this version, but it's a nice idea for the future.

DeadShot

Club Captain
barmyarmy said:

Hi,
This is was the question is asked previously,but sarwan did not respond in a corrrect manner.i also love to have this singl player mode

Dinesh....

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Warning

Brian Lara International Cricket could fail to live up to the standard of Brian Lara Cricket 1999. This is because it has a new developer (Swordfish Studios) and people suddenly expect it to be a great game before we have any details. Please think about this before rushing out to buy the game in the Summer. :)

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
If there were 4 different companies each releasing a new cricket game EVERY year (like baseball in the US), I wouldn't be rushing to buy anything. But since cricket games are so rare, I will get this game on release day. Thank god we've finally got some competition going on - hopefully it will improve things enormously.

themuel1

International Coach
CaptainOZ said:
If there were 4 different companies each releasing a new cricket game EVERY year (like baseball in the US), I wouldn't be rushing to buy anything. But since cricket games are so rare, I will get this game on release day. Thank god we've finally got some competition going on - hopefully it will improve things enormously.

Good point

Users who are viewing this thread