BEGINNERS GUIDE / PATCHES FAQ (NEW USERS READ BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Welcome to the Planetcricket Beginners Guide and Essential Downloads for Cricket 2004.

You can move further down this page to see a list for Essential downloads for Cricket 2004 (compiled by Zimrahil), all of which along with many other files can be downloaded from our Downloads Centre and read below this for a Beginners Guide to Cricket 2004 in the form or questions and answers written by Brad352.

Cricket 2004 FAQ

Game Installation

Why won?t the game install?

If you are having trouble installing the game please ensure that you have enough free space on your hard drive for the game (approximately 1GB).

Game Problems

I can't see anything written in Team Management, the writing and background are the same colour. Why is this happening?

Try updating the drivers for your graphics card.

Why does the game crash to the desktop? I have an integrated Intel graphics card.

This card is not supported by Cricket 2004, you will need a new one.

Why does the game not detect my USB joypad?

The game has problems with some USB joypads when other USB devices are connected. Try unplugging those devices.

General Questions

Can I play Cricket 2004 over a network or the internet?

No

How can I take screenshots? Print screen doesn?t work.

Download Fraps from www.fraps.com

Stats

Do the players in the game have their stats updated after I play a game?

No, the only time you can see stats is if you play a series or a season, but at the end of the series or season they will be lost.

Gameplay Problems

Every ball is a no ball- what am I doing wrong?

You have to start the delivery and stop the bowling meter with the same button or it will be a no ball.

Why can?t I control my team in game?

You need to make sure that you have chosen your keyboard or gamepad at the controller selection screen.

Bugs

Why won?t my game resume? It makes the sound but won?t let me play!

This is a bug, you have to:

Download SavTweak from the editors section of the Downloads Centre
Swap the teams for your save game file
Load the game in Cricket 2004
Change the bowler to someone who hasn't bowled their full 10 overs
Swap the teams again in SavTweak
Then Continue Playing

Why do the CPU batsmen run when the ball goes straight to the fieldsmen?

This is one of the more serious bugs in the game, the only way to fix it is to download Sam?s no runout exe from the essential files section of the Downloads Centre. This drastically reduces the chance of runouts.

Why does my team reset to the default team in the second innings of a test or first class match?

To fix this bug download Sam?s Lineup Fixed exe from the downloads section.

I installed Sam?s exe and and the batting cursor has disappeared!

If you want the cursor to appear at the normal time download the cursor.exe file from: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5323&highlight=cursor.exe and run it before starting the game.

Can the Lineup fixed and Runout exes be used together?

No, not at present. What can be done to prevent runouts and to have the correct lineups is to use the Runout exe and the Lineup Editor together.

AI Patches

What do AI patches do?

They edit the game (shots, CPU batting and bowling) to make it more challenging and realistic for the player.

How do I install AI patches?

Some patches come with automatic installers, the others come with a file which you must manually add to the cricket_pc.gob file using Prakash?s config editor, available from the editiors section of the Downloads Centre.

I get an error which says that my cricket_pc.gob file is an invalid version. Why is this?

Some AI patches only work on original gob files (ones without any kits, stumps or other patches applied to them) and others require another patch to be applied first. Read the patch readme to see what each individual patch requires.

Graphics Patches

I?ve downloaded updated team kits, stumps and adboards, how do I install them?

You need to download Prakash?s Graphics Importer 2.2 from the editors section of the Downloads Centre, which will let you change any kit/ pitch mat/ adboard in the game.

How do I change the bats in the game?

You can download a bat pack from the downloads section to replace the default bats- these must replace the ones already in your bats folder.

I can't see the pitch ads I've imported. Why not?

Click on "settings" and "Pitch Detail: On" before you start the game.

I've installed a TV Patch but all the logos ingame are white. How do I fix it?

Extract all the .tga files in the zip to the Cricket2004/data/bats folder

Editors

I want to edit the game myself, what can I use?

To edit the stroke and AI files for the game, use the config editor. To edit kits you can download a tutorial from the downloads section, and import your kits using Prakash?s Graphics Importer. Default team lineups can be edited using the lineup editor, which is available along with all of the other editors from: http://www.planetcricket.org/modules.php?name=Links&file=viewcategory&cid=9

I still have a question

All the major downloads have their own thread in the Downloads Forum with all the common problems covered so please read that before starting a new thread. If you want to know something that isn?t covered in here feel free to post it in this forum.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Essential Downloads

As the game is now available world wide, I thought (especially for newbies) it best to give a list of the essential patches required to play Cricket 2004

1) Sam's Cricket 2004.exe
If you only download one patch for Cricket 2004 then make it this one. It fixes the line up bug whereby your chosen XI defaults to preset default lineup in 2nd innings when saving.
The cpu now bowls no balls.
If required, the bowling cursor is removed till last minute when batting.
The bug whereby when given not out by third umpire, the runs were not added to your score has been fixed.

Without this patch tests and 50 over ODI's become unplayable (due to line up bug). Also the stats (partnerships, worm etc) are fixed in this patch. Must have. Get it here

2) Savtweak
Savtweak adds the option to change the number of overs per innings in a saved game as well as having all the features of previous versions. These included swapping teams, changing weather and conditions and changing controllers +(this last point resolves the bug whereby you save and reload a game when batting and the last cpu bowler has bowled his allotted overs, and the game will not resume because cpu doesn't pick another bowler)
Changing the number of overs allows you to play night games if you save and reload a game (by default saving and reloading results in night game becoming day again)
Another essential download - get it here

Ran out of time now - I will close the topic, but other admins/mods please add to this list as you see fit

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
3) Ravi's AI Patch

For advanced users. This patch increases the challenge of batting in C2004, especially on the hard mode. Harder to time the ball when batting, and better CPU shot selection when bowling. Also :
More seam, swing and spin
More playing and missing
Pace of outfields adjusted.
More edges likely to slip cordon (not always carrying though for added realism)
Better CPU pacing in ODI's.

Playing with this patch makes for a far more enjoyable gameplay experience when batting and bowling. Get the latest version
here

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
4) Prakash's Line up Editor

Ever been frustrated at the CPU's line up when playing matches or bewildered by their choice of bowlers. Well be frustrated no more as there is now a line up editor that allows you to alter the starting XI and bowling orders to your hearts content. Adds to the realism by allowing you to have the upto date starting XI's of all teams in the game

Get it here

5) Prakash's Player Editor
Lets you change player attributes without the clunky ingame editor. Also lets you import and export players you have created. Integrated with the Sound Importer and Lineup Editor to make it even easier to use

Get it here

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
6. Prakash's Config Editor v3
Ever wished that there were more edges in matches you played, or that the cpu was more aggressive/defensive in one dayers etc
Well with Prakash's Config editor these things and more can be treaked as desired. Great utility and one I personally use all the time.
Added import and export feature, so that all the config and stroke files can be imported and exported with ease. Also allows you to edit the ingame screens.

Get it here

7. Prakash's Lineup Editor v4
New version of the Lineup Editor allows team squads as well as lineups to be edited. New features include import and exporting squads/lineups through seperate files instead of needing a whole new roster.pak file. Also has some minor bug fixes from previous versions.
Get it here

Ste

Executive member
8. Praskash's Graphic Importer 2
Prakash has created a new version of his Graphics Importer which allowed pitch mats, stumps and faces to be imported into the game. Version 2 of the Graphics Importer now allows 99% of the adboards round all stadiums in the game to be edited and also can be used to importing ODI kits into the game. Another new feature is the ability to export choosen adboards, kits, pitch mats, stumps or faces into a .zip file which can be easily be imported into the editor and into the gob using the "import from zip" option.

Get it here

9. PlanetCricket's Adboard Pack
This pack has over 300 new adboards for all stadiums in the game with the adboards actually featured at those stadiums. This includes adboards like Pepsi, 3, Cable and Wireless, Standard Bank, Dilmah, Red Stripe and many more. Remember that you will have to have downloaded the Graphics Importer V2 (see above) first and then click "Import Zip" and choose the pcads10.zip file.

Get it here

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
10. Barmyarmys Kits Update
This Kits Update will add correct kits for all the major teams to the game as well as most of the minnows. It contains all the best kit downloads made for the game in one easy to install file.
Simply download the file and select 'import zip' with Graphic Importer V2.2

Get it here.

11. 2GB Bat Pack v2
High quality version of the original Cricket2004.co.uk Bat Pack.
2GB versions of all the best bats made for c2k4 in one download including Aussie, English, South African, Indian and Pakistani bats.
Correct players use their real bats.

To install all bats simply extract to the cricket 2004/data/bats directory
Use with the updated roster.pak (see below).

Get it here.

12. Updated roster.pak
Features:
- International lineups and rosters fixed
- County rosters and lineups updated for 2004 season
- Shane Warne and Lance Klusener added
- Another bats update including Indian and Pakistan bats (in conjunction with 2GB Bat Pack v.2 in the bats section
- Including major ICC Champions Trophy players
- Player stats updated
Use with the 2GB Bat pack (above)

Get it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread