Jamaica Cricket Festival

P

pcfan123

Kinda pisses me off that Sarwan finally performs but in a no nothing game :mad

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
He was never close to 100% in the 2 tests that he played against the Aussies. Even now he is not fully fit. He has had issues with injuries during his entire career and was never able to put in consistent performances.
Hopefully he can stay fully fit and show his skills against South Africa.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
West Indies A 257/4 (81.3 ov, KA Edwards 72*, SO Dowrich 33*, AG Cremer 1/73) - Match over | Live Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

West Indies A defeated Zimbabwe by 6 wickets.

Kirk Edwards scored 69 & 72*, Kraigg Brathwaite 30 & 62 and Shane Shillngford took 8/157.

For Zimbabwe Taibu scored 86* & 59, Bilgnaut 72, Ervine 58 and Chris Mpofu took 8/83 (7/37 in WI first innings).

Good overall performance by West Indies A, now there are some one day matches to be played.

Dare added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

West Indies XI v Ireland at Kingston, Apr 18, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

West Indies swept Ireland 3-0 in this mini series.

In a shortened match (15 overs per side) West Indies scored 152 with Sarwan scoring 52 of those runs of 27 balls. Ravi Rampaul was the pick of the bowlers taking 3/26.

P

pcfan123

How awesome would it be for Windies cricket if they won the World 2020 at home. Might be a double edged sword though since interest in Test cricket is at a dangerous low amongst Windies players

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn't say that interest is at an all time low. They still go out and give it their best in test cricket like in any other format. Chris Gayle has been far better in tests then ODIs and 20/20 and since taking over the captaincy he has improved his test batting allot.

P

pcfan123

Its definitely not their top priority though. Going by Gayle and Bravos comments and Gayle arriving in England on the day of the 1st Test etc.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Its definitely not their top priority though. Going by Gayle and Bravos comments and Gayle arriving in England on the day of the 1st Test etc.

That tour was organized because Sri Lanka bailed out because their players wanted to play IPL over country duties and it was organized without even asking the players. Gayle arrived 48 hours before the Test started and he was given permission by the board its not like the entire team arrived one day before the test starts. I'm not sure where you are getting this thing that its not the priority of the West Indies to play cricket based on comments by Bravo and Gayle. Two cricketers out of many.

P

pcfan123

Ok fair enough but you have to admit that a national captain showing up 48 hours before a Test series is a deviation from the norm. Usually there are warm ups matches with the counties for English tours.

I think the reality might be a balance between both our views. Also have to remember that since the West Indies is not a really a country, there is less of the "nationalism" effect of playing for your homeland and its easier for them to say no to International cricket than someone from Eng/Ind etc

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Ok fair enough but you have to admit that a national captain showing up 48 hours before a Test series is a deviation from the norm. Usually there are warm ups matches with the counties for English tours.

There were warm ups and he didn't play them. I also didn't say I agree with what Gayle did because I don't like it either but he is one cricketer out of many in the Caribbean. Bravo also did it last time Australia were in the Caribbean.
IMO there should be a rule stating when you have to show up for national duties. I thought about this before and in a perfect scenario it would be 2 weeks but that isn't happening so it should be one tour match or a week.

I think the reality might be a balance between both our views. Also have to remember that since the West Indies is not a really a country, there is less of the "nationalism" effect of playing for your homeland and its easier for them to say no to International cricket than someone from Eng/Ind etc

Well cricketers from the Caribbean also don't have the money that cricketers from India and England and other big boards have. If a guy from England says I will play country over IPL he will miss out on a significant pay check but he also makes allot of money from the ECB. There is a reason WI keep having these pay disputes because the board isn't paying them.
Hopefully Gibson can bring in another level of professionalism and organize West Indies cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread