4th Match, Group B - Lions v South Australia @ Centurion

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Will have to see to believe in SA, as I'm just not sure if they're good enough.

There are some decent batsmen in there; the likes of Ferguson and Klinger might be able to give them a bit of class, but in terms of hitting out of trouble, their only real superhuman demolition man is Christian. Pollard and Afridi weren't the entire story of their tournament, but they were a big part of that area.

The bowling is also a worry. At first glance, it's okay, with Tait and George, for example, but if you look deeper, Haberfield and Putland have been a bit trashy in T20s, while George hasn't even played one! Cullen Bailey won't be their chief spinner, either; that will surely fall to Aaron O'Brien, who somewhat surprisingly stands out as their second-best bowler.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Cooper would be the other x-factor if he ever clicks. This could be the stage he needs to make his mark or it could be the stage where he continues on his underachieving ways.

Given the lack of stars it will take a team effort unless Tait plans on repeating some of his 8 fers he took earlier in his career.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Cooper is a very good attacking player, but I don't think he's going to turn the game around suddenly. His value is to play a lengthy innings and a good effort from him will put the Redbacks in charge early, rather than having to save it.

The more I think about it, the more the bowling is the worry. If Tait has a bad day, it could be a really bad day for everyone else.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After a impressive performance from Lions in their first match against Mumbai Indians, Lions will be high in confidence. Redbacks on other hand don't have Pollard and Afridi in their side which is a big blow for them. It would be interesting to see how both the teams play in this match.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
I really need Redbacks to lose by a decent margin. If they do so, the pressure will be less on Mumbai in next game and overall one good team will go down the table to help MI.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Bowling certainly proved the weak point. Klinger stood up and played a Kallis like knock and Ferguson showed his potential again. Looking at the side they sent out, they have a very long batting lineup, bowling is relying heavily on the part timers.

TumTum

International Cricketer
What a horrible bowling performance though except for Tait. Full tosses and ill directed balls were nicely dished up. If Lions batted better they could have easily won this.

But SA's fielding performance at the end won it for them.

Users who are viewing this thread