18th Match, Group B - Lions v Bangalore @ Johannesburg

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
That'll be awesome. Its the biggest rivalry in the IPL too, due to the political scenario between the two states (Karnataka and Tamil Nadu). But I guess an IPL side wont make the final. Just a guess!

Kohli seems to be faster than India's best runner, Dhoni. He was moving between the wickets like a flash.

Actually, if Chennai win tomorrow, they're a lock for the semis, and will face RCB. Because of their superior run-rate.

And, yeah, Kohli is fast. Never seen him run like this for India though...or bat so aggressively.

P

pcfan123

So it would be a Chennai RCB semi?

Sorry I am a bit confused, it seems to be there are not enough games in this tournaments group stage. There is too much reliance on bullshit like NRR and beating people by razor thin margins to advance. Are we really getting the best teams in the semis?

I think there needs to be an official quarterfinal along with the semis and final. 4 more games is not really asking a lot, especially when its in a knockout, crowd pleasing playoff scenario.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Yeah, an IPL semi-final would take place in that scenario.

I agree. The Champions League is a flawed concept at the moment. They need to put a lot more thought into it. It's late, I have a lot more thoughts on this, I'll write more tomorrow.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Very happy for Bangalore! They deserved to go on to the next stage, really have played well in every game.

Just looking forward to Chennai repeating things tomorrow. They too have played very well and I expect a win. Chennai vs Blore is going to be tough for me seeing as my family lives in TN but I'm half Kannada by blood (and just bought an apartment in Bangalore too) I'll probably tip Chennai but I'll defo root for Bangalore in the finals if they win!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
My instinct says Chennai will lose tomorrow and bow out. Now that RCB have made it, I think the other one will miss out. I hope to be wrong, but thats what I feel

angryangy

ICC Chairman
So it would be a Chennai RCB semi?

Sorry I am a bit confused, it seems to be there are not enough games in this tournaments group stage. There is too much reliance on bullshit like NRR and beating people by razor thin margins to advance. Are we really getting the best teams in the semis?

I think there needs to be an official quarterfinal along with the semis and final. 4 more games is not really asking a lot, especially when its in a knockout, crowd pleasing playoff scenario.
No English teams and no replacements for them broke the format.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Good win for us.
And yeah, Champions League format should be changed IMO.
One/two team(s) from IPL and One team from Syed Mustaq Ali Tournament should be considered from next year, without making a three team affair from IPL cause at the end of the day, the third team is no where related to Championship Match (Final).

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Virat Kohli has been in brilliant form. A fantastic win for RCB there.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Was it just me or did Sanjay Manjrekar call Neil McKenzie "Dale Steyn" for the entirety of the 19th over? Or at least till he got out?

Nope not just you. If only Sanjay had shut up for 2 seconds he might have realised that he was making a fool of himself...

P

pcfan123

I'll pay good money to hear Manjrekar misname people rather than hear a word out of Boghle's mouth

Users who are viewing this thread