Most Cliff-Hanging ODI Match

digiosmosis

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Which was the most interesting tensed ODI Cricket Match?
  • South Africa vs Australia 1999 WC Semi Final
  • New Zealand vs South Africa 2015 WC Semi Final
  • South Africa vs Australia 2006 Wanderers 5th ODI
  • India vs England 2002 Natwest Trophy Final
  • West Indies vs Australia 1975 WC Final
  • India vs Pakistan 1986 Sharjah Final

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Definitely the first one. Couldn't have had a bigger stage than that. Yes, the second last one was the final, but it wasn't that big of a deal back then.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The Oz SA WC match. It was absolutely riveting.

But in terms of my personal blood pressure or heart beat, it would be AUS v IND 2011 WC QF and the SA v NZ 2015 WC SF. One was pure euphoria, the other was absolutely heart shattering. On both occasions, I was proved right. As soon as India won that game, I told my dad that we had won the WC. As soon as the rain came in the SA innings, I knew it was all over. I think of all the WC shambles SA have had, that was the unluckiest. People were raving about McCullum's captaincy and I remember telling my team that he was hyper aggressive and he would pay for it at some stage. Just before the rain came, Mr 360 was pasting the Kiwis and Baz had used all his gun bowlers. I remember Corey Anderson and Elliott had to bowl the death and the mood AB was in, he would have made it curtains for the Kiwis in the first innings itself.. but, but.. It will in my life be one of the greatest sporting heartbreaks of my life. Probably parallel to Schumacher losing the championship in 1998 and Vettel's crash in Singapore this year.

Thanks for ruining my mood with this topic. :mad

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Well surprising to see that no one mentioned this match....

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...d-ODI-south-africa-in-west-indies-odi-series/

It is one of my most favourite matches in the entire cricket history. West Indies required just 2 runs from last 4 balls. Dwayne Bravo was playing at the non strikers end. 3 wickets remaining. Charl Langedvelt was bowling. And then what happened tweaking blew my mind!

Langeveldt to Bradshaw, OUT,
IDR Bradshaw b Langeveldt 1 (4m 2b 0x4 0x6) SR: 50.00

Langeveldt to Powell, OUT,
DBL Powell b Langeveldt 0 (2m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Langeveldt to Collymore, OUT,
CD Collymore lbw b Langeveldt 0 (1m 1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

HE GOT A FRICKING HATTRICK IN THE LAST OVER. JUST BEAUTIFUL

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...d-ODI-south-africa-in-west-indies-odi-series/

It is one of my most favourite matches in the entire cricket history. West Indies required just 2 runs from last 4 balls. Dwayne Bravo was playing at the non strikers end. 3 wickets remaining. Charl Langedvelt was bowling. And then what happened tweaking blew my mind!

Maybe because it wasn't that big of an occasion, so not many people know about this.

digiosmosis

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

There are many similar matches to this one.

One match is the 2nd ODI between India vs West Indies at Kingston where India needed 11 of the last over with one 1 wicket remaining. Yuvraj hit 2 fours of Bravo but gets bowled at the next ball.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
There are may similar matches to this one.

One match is the 2nd ODI between India vs West Indies at Kingston where India needed 11 of the last over with one 1 wicket remaining. Yuvraj hit 2 fours of Bravo but gets bowled at the next ball.
But no one had a hattrick in any match, also the match you mentioned had 1 wicket remaining with 2 runs left. (Wickets<Runs). In sa vs wi 3wickets remaining, 2 runs left. (Runs<Wickets)

Users who are viewing this thread