Cricket 19 General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Atleast they should provide a proper gameplay right now we are having buggy crosseam effort balls and lazy wicketkeeper wonder 10 patches are out and the keeper not yet fixed.

Ok. It shouldn’t need saying but I am in no way advocating them NOT putting resources to fix online. Though it’s not a mode I play it’s obviouslya popular mode and a mode some people play exclusively. I’d love them to have the same great experience as everyone else.

But I think people who pay micro transactions for ultimate team features, or request that in a game without it, are misguided - to put it mildly.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Ok. It shouldn’t need saying but I am in no way advocating them NOT putting resources to fix online. Though it’s not a mode I play it’s obviouslya popular mode and a mode some people play exclusively. I’d love them to have the same great experience as everyone else.

But I think people who pay micro transactions for ultimate team features, or request that in a game without it, are misguided - to put it mildly.
This has been a massive pain the behind in the NBA2k series for a while.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

Probably an unpopular opinion: they should ditch online in the main series of games, it's one of those things that is nice to have but a lot more difficult to support on top of the offline game/career mode etc. Then, if they do another version, make Big Bash Boom the online focussed game (allow the option to turn off the gimmicky stuff like big heads and power ups). Not that I played it, but I don't see how it would provide a good single player game in comparison to Ashes/C19, so put all the effort into trying to make it good online/multiplayer cricket game.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys. Anyone know what else I can change if ball bounces too high. I’m playing on a green dry/medium pitch at The Old Trafford stadium. Good pitch deliveries bounces about hip high and even full pitch deliveries almost clearing the stumps. I have set ball and pitch bounce to 0 with absolutely no change.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
I personally don't think that the sliders make any difference whatsoever.Ive tried tinkering and it just doesn't change playability.This seems to be an issue with cricket games in general.Big Ant do a better job than most but are still imo a long way off.Cricket games are either to hard and people soon give up on them
or too easy and they become tedious very quickly.Its a shame because cricket is the second biggest sport in the world.But like Boxing games the bigger game creators give the two sports a wide birth.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I personally don't think that the sliders make any difference whatsoever.Ive tried tinkering and it just doesn't change playability.This seems to be an issue with cricket games in general.Big Ant do a better job than most but are still imo a long way off.Cricket games are either to hard and people soon give up on them
or too easy and they become tedious very quickly.Its a shame because cricket is the second biggest sport in the world.But like Boxing games the bigger game creators give the two sports a wide birth.
It’s not that bad man. It is a minor flaw which I think could be fixed, its only a question as in when? I do enjoy the game alot but it could be better. @MattW, we are still waiting for feedback on those overpowered edges please.

JJ7

School Cricketer
why cant you add kit numbers on test shirts!?! only name... trying on the india team atm. also when are the bugs gonna be solved. like awful fielding? and not able to edit shoes atm. bat colours too dark. etc long list. but i do love the game!

khan31

International Coach
Seems like physics pace sliders no longer impact anything but FAST bowlers. Got the fast mediums bowling loopy slow deliveries despite clocking 85-90mph.

I have min/max speed at 52/72. I want slower balls to appear slower and fast appear fast but these settings no longer work well for all pacers.

If these changes are being brought in to 'fix' online issues then please separate the two games out fully. Offline bowling speeds were better before this nonsense.

Spinners are still one dimensional loopey bowlers

D

Deleted member 185125

It’s not that bad man. It is a minor flaw which I think could be fixed, its only a question as in when? I do enjoy the game alot but it could be better. @MattW, we are still waiting for feedback on those overpowered edges please.
I did try reducing the shot force and increasing striker timing but no impact on edge force.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I know it has been said numerous times, but the overpowered edges really need fixing. Thoroughly enjoying my ashes series and it is a rewarding game. However, played some t/20 games and the AI scored a ridiculous amount of runs with flying edges to the boundary. Overall though, game is brilliant and just needs this one little fix up for the shorter formats!

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I did try reducing the shot force and increasing striker timing but no impact on edge force.
Yeah I even had shot force at 0 with no effect at all. It was reported by a couple of us already, myself I reported it more than 2 weeks ago. Maybe in the next patch if we’re lucky.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I know it has been said numerous times, but the overpowered edges really need fixing. Thoroughly enjoying my ashes series and it is a rewarding game. However, played some t/20 games and the AI scored a ridiculous amount of runs with flying edges to the boundary. Overall though, game is brilliant and just needs this one little fix up for the shorter formats!
Could you raise this issue in the Big Ant official support forum please

Amritkhaira

School Cricketer
Seems like physics pace sliders no longer impact anything but FAST bowlers. Got the fast mediums bowling loopy slow deliveries despite clocking 85-90mph.

I have min/max speed at 52/72. I want slower balls to appear slower and fast appear fast but these settings no longer work well for all pacers.

If these changes are being brought in to 'fix' online issues then please separate the two games out fully. Offline bowling speeds were better before this nonsense.

Spinners are still one dimensional loopey bowlers
Online not yet fixed yet so that cant be the reason.

Users who are viewing this thread