TV Series General Discussion

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Anyone had a look at Monster Dahmer on Netflix? Pretty good adaptation of the real life murders he committed.

May not be everyone’s cup of tea though, some terrifying scenes, werent recommend for most of you kids!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If they wanted a Wolverine in the MCU, they should've casted someone new. Love Hugh Jackman's iteration of the character too much to let Logan's ending go to waste. Even if he's a 'different' Wolverine, him playing that character is still always going to be synonymous with the Fox films (no matter how bad they were).

The only reason they did it is because the MCU has been on a downward spiral since Endgame, and because of how lackluster Phase 4 has been so far.

They're literally digging up the grave of a dead character to bring him into their cinematic universe and justifying his existence through 'multiverse shenanigans' when they can literally reboot the entire character, but that would mean not making as much buck as this would probably do so.

To be fair, anyone else taking up the mantle now will most likely be insanely compared with Hugh and perhaps turn into a disappointment even before a start. Some characters become so epic that you cannot imagine someone else playing the same role (another ex- Tony Stark)
Cut them some slack here, NMA. As asprin said, if they cast someone else right away, it would have been really disappointing. Wolverine's journey in the MCU has to be started by Hugh Jackman. Someone else can take over after Deadpool 3.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Cut them some slack here, NMA. As asprin said, if they cast someone else right away, it would have been really disappointing. Wolverine's journey in the MCU has to be started by Hugh Jackman. Someone else can take over after Deadpool 3.
Na way did you just say 'cut them some slack here' for a multi-billion dollar corporation :facepalm

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I honestly havent followed anything Marvel since those kids started a PCPL team named Avengers like seriously! Most of my fans from yesteryear wouldve know how huge of a Marvel fan I am.

That being said though cant miss Deadpool!

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Na way did you just say 'cut them some slack here' for a multi-billion dollar corporation :facepalm
C'mon dude, you know i am talking about the artistic decision to cast Jackman, not excusing their horrible behaviour in other aspects.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
If they wanted a Wolverine in the MCU, they should've casted someone new. Love Hugh Jackman's iteration of the character too much to let Logan's ending go to waste. Even if he's a 'different' Wolverine, him playing that character is still always going to be synonymous with the Fox films (no matter how bad they were).

The only reason they did it is because the MCU has been on a downward spiral since Endgame, and because of how lackluster Phase 4 has been so far.

They're literally digging up the grave of a dead character to bring him into their cinematic universe and justifying his existence through 'multiverse shenanigans' when they can literally reboot the entire character, but that would mean not making as much buck as this would probably do so.
First of all Logan was set in future I believe 2029. So whatever happens isn't gonna change anything.
Second not valid criticism just your opinion being my precious view is getting ruined .
"Lacklustre phase 4" is just a wet dream for some people. Phase 4 has been same to any other phases fun with its own problem.
There have been no confirmation whether Jackman will be Wolverine going forward or for the whole of MCU, so you are just hating on the thing without even seeing or having a plot outline.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah I don’t get the ‘Phase 4 has been a flop’ online mentality that seems prevalent everywhere when a supposedly divisive Dr. Strange movie makes more money at the box office than one of the supposedly best adaptations of DC’s poster boy in mainstream media for a long time.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Yeah I don’t get the ‘Phase 4 has been a flop’ online mentality that seems prevalent everywhere when a supposedly divisive Dr. Strange movie makes more money at the box office than one of the supposedly best adaptations of DC’s poster boy in mainstream media for a long time.
I never said it was a 'flop' Phase 4. I said it was lackluster. :crying: :crying: :crying:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I never said it was a 'flop' Phase 4. I said it was lackluster. :crying: :crying: :crying:
Dr. Strange 2, Thor 4 and Eternals were not fantastic.
Loki, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, No Way Home, What If and Shang-Chi were fantastic. I personally liked Black Widow, even if its reception was mixed.
Haven’t seen She-Hulk yet.
It has had some average stuff, but on balance, it’s alright. The big hits are in the next couple phases, just like Phase 3 was a succession of hit after hit after hit.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Loki, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, No Way Home, What If and Shang-Chi were fantastic.
Fukc me, they weren't fantastic. Only No Way Home was fantastic; and contrary to popular opinion, I think it's an excellent Spider-Man film overall. Cameos or no cameos.

Ms. Marvel probably has a sweet spot in my heart because of its Pakistani ties, and even then I wouldn't rate it above She-Hulk of all shows. Loki, Moon Knight, What If...? and Shang-Chi were far from fantastic.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Loki, Moon Knight, What If...? and Shang-Chi were far from fantastic.
What about them didn’t you like?
Forgot to mention WandaVision and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.
Granted, they weren’t on that epic scale as movies from Phase 3, but then again, they’re building up to the end of the Multiverse Saga.
Infinity Saga had a similar trajectory, the fireworks were in Phase 3

Users who are viewing this thread