Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The mechanic in the game (that's been there since Ashes Cricket) which makes the Ai score like crazy in the 2nd innings of a test match needs to be removed. The Ai are either having their stats massively boosted or wicket chance is being reduced drastically.
Having played c50 tests in C22 and maybe 10 in C24, I can say that it's worse in C24 than any of the other games.
So, I'm moving wicket chance to 80 in 2nd innings. If the game wants to cheat, so can I.
I'll never put a short leg in though.
I personally have a set of sliders for days 1/2/3 of a test and then a different set for days 4/5. I up wicket chance and put striker timing down for the later days.

This is possibly too much detail for some but I have those 2 sets of sliders for different scenarios e.g. batting friendly deck, turning wicket, seam and swing friendly and then slow and low.

If I'm playing a test series I'll try to male sure the tests are a bit different from each other like if I'm in India 3 out of 4 tests might be bunsens but the other might be batting friendly where 450+ scores are possible

Hester

County Cricketer
I personally have a set of sliders for days 1/2/3 of a test and then a different set for days 4/5. I up wicket chance and put striker timing down for the later days.

This is possibly too much detail for some but I have those 2 sets of sliders for different scenarios e.g. batting friendly deck, turning wicket, seam and swing friendly and then slow and low.

If I'm playing a test series I'll try to male sure the tests are a bit different from each other like if I'm in India 3 out of 4 tests might be bunsens but the other might be batting friendly where 450+ scores are possible
I did something similar in C22. I'll probably eventually get there with this game too. Just a big faff not being able to copy and paste the difficulty settings

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Nice idea mate, any chance of sharing your sliders you have for days 1,2,3 and 4 and 5?

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Facing a really irritating bug. Every time I try to play a BBL season with a team, while batting my game just freezes on this screen. I have to either press the windows key on keyboard or pause the game and move my controller left right to actually get the game started. And this is happening on every single ball making it literally unplayable

1704299403065.png

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Also, anyone using pro control for batting..since last patch the Chip shot has become way way OP and anything pitched up can be easily hit for a 4 or 6 - against both spin n pace...

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Also, anyone using pro control for batting..since last patch the Chip shot has become way way OP and anything pitched up can be easily hit for a 4 or 6 - against both spin n pace...
I always the chip shot was OP and majority of times AI does not put a fielder.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@JNT BA @MattW I am facing lots of game crashes after the last patch, especially playing with custom stadiums with career mode
I am submitting the report after every game crash on PS5, does that help?

Is anybody facing the same issues?

Wahldo

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@JNT BA @MattW I am facing lots of game crashes after the last patch, especially playing with custom stadiums with career mode

Same for me, crashes when switching from over to around the wicket and as soon as a match ends it will crash sometimes.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India

For me crashes occur only while trying to download certain teams from community.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Day 3 of a test match my timing starts to feel off. I suspected it was to do with pitch deg but the ai always do miles better in their 2nd innings than their first, so it probably isn't.
Finished my ODI i started and the pitch deg really has an effect after 30 overs for AI as well, Eng were 130/2 and cruising after 30 overs on day 3 pitch chasing my 198 and they stumbled there way over the line to be 199/8 after 45 overs. Another lose for me but it actually got quite interesting in the end.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Started a career for the first game since DBC17. What's the point of training? How long are the drills and are they necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread