Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wahldo

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It seems like a patch has been/will be released.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240104_183049_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240104_183049_Chrome.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 72

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Didn't fix the crash to desktop when downloading teams. Hopefully next week!

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
@MattW @JNT BA is there any way of getting a "random" option in pitch settings, maybe for umpires too? Keep forgetting to change them in career so I'm always bowling first on a hard dry pitch.
what stage of your career? I found in club cricket its hard dry the whole way through, but later on it changes, now playing in pakistan t20 league and its changing almost every match

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Is career mode not crashing after the new patch? can you go past 2027?
Post automatically merged:

Why can't they bring back AI vs AI match gameplay in career mode???

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Getting playface storage is full message after todays small patch. Only have 2 downloaded teams. Tried to see if they fixed the crash to desktop issue and got this message.

drastsab

Club Captain
Is career mode not crashing after the new patch? can you go past 2027?
Post automatically merged:

Why can't they bring back AI vs AI match gameplay in career mode???
Is previous titles included these features?

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
Hi, just catching up on Cricket 24. I've bought all the previous cricket games from BA, but they've always started very buggy and got patched after 6-9months. So waiting on this one to see if it's in a reasonable state.

I don't care about the cosmetics - graphics/sound/commentary etc; only the gameplay and AI matter to me.

If anyone can answer these questions very quickly, it would be greatly appreciated

1. When batting, does the AI bat according to the situation? Does it chase sensibly - if it needs 12 runs off the last over, does it defend the first 4 balls?
2. When bowling, does the AI vary the line and lengths? And does it take the field placements into account when bowling?
3. Does the AI difficulty matter much? In previous versions, I didn't see much variations between the harder levels (Veteran vs Legend for example)
4. Does the AI change the field placements based on the player's favorite scoring areas? For example, in earlier versions, even after hitting several lofted shots straight behind the bowler for a few overs a row, the AI would still leave mid-on/mid-off up.
5. Has batting become harder? It was still too easy to hit lofted shots, sweeps/reverse sweeps etc in earlier versions
6. Is there more variety to the bowling?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread