Cricket 24 - General Discussion

caprikaps

Club Captain
will we get photogrammetry for New Zealand any time soon ?

Good question, very good question I’m also looking for answer but no one is responding from bigant
@MattW @JNT BA please reply
Revisting this thread, @JNT BA any plans to capture the NZ team playfaces and grounds before the next cricket iteration? I assume this may be pending since Cricket 22, and we have not lost hope. Any update on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

noys390

County Cricketer
I think when the game released i had one where the ball went straight up and the keeper ran in and took the catch! It was great

One swallow does not make a summer. I think in most cases top edges are flying over the keeper for six (or one bounce four). Your one case may be an odd scenario. It seems the entire thing is hardcoded. Hope BAnt looks into this once. It's an essential part of the game for having varied modes of dismissal.

Honestly I am yet to see two things in this game,
First, a top edge from a batsman going high up for a catch
Second, an AI fielder dropping a catch on the boundary.

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
One swallow does not make a summer. I think in most cases top edges are flying over the keeper for six (or one bounce four). Your one case may be an odd scenario. It seems the entire thing is hardcoded. Hope BAnt looks into this once. It's an essential part of the game for having varied modes of dismissal.

The top edge and almost every other edge that fly at the speed of light to the boundary are frustrating and unrealistic

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Obviously, thats what I am saying. Other than that one instance in the beginning when the game released, it always goes for a 4 or 6.

zuhair1581

School Cricketer
Revisting this thread, @JNT BA any plans to capture the NZ team playfaces and grounds before the next cricket iteration? I assume this may be pending since Cricket 22, and we have not lost hope. Any update on this would be greatly appreciated.
Pak vs NZ T20I series was probably the best chance to capture, they could capture 2 licensed teams at same time

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I was stunned to find out the Super Smash teams aren't fully licensed, I had to download the teams from academy to get names/likenesses.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India

I had one instance when the top edge from the bat went high and it was caught by the bowler.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Any tricks or tips to stop the batter playing forward defence in the wrong direction against spin?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I had one instance when the top edge from the bat went high and it was caught by the bowler.
In my general experience, and Cricket 24 "appears" little different, is that your best chance of a looper up from any kind of top edge is something that also hits the body or helmet to stop it flying over everyone.

That or a glove from a pull or hook, I've had that a few times as well.

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Why the hell every top edge to a pacer goes for six irrespective of who is batting (me or AI). Not a single top edge goes straight up in the air for catch. Do others here experienced the same or its me only?
Mine only ever goes for 4s. I did take 1 catch against the AI once, which was nice.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
playing a lil late seems to help me with it, but doesn't work all the time
The problem is that particular shorter length delivery that spins in at pace. It is almost unplayable for me (obv I am not the greatest player but still that length at pace coming in is really tough)

PJ13

Club Captain
I don't know if anyone from BA actually reads anything on here but if they do, can you for the love of God make it so we can edit licenced players. Having bowlers who average low 130's bowling consistently at 140+ is really breaking the immersion. Also, having players listed as bowlers instead of all rounders or batsmen and vice versa is also a pain. To top it off though, having the wrong names and numbers on shirts and wrong audio names is just infuriating. Surely it's not that hard to make the change. Had a few days away from the game because of it and it's a shame because it's actually a really good game in my opinion. Please make the change.

Users who are viewing this thread