West Indies tour of Australia 2024 (2 Tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20Is)

What would be the Test series scoreline?

• 2-0 in favour of Australia

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • 2-0 in favour of West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-1 tied

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1-0 in favour of Australia

• 1-0 in favour of West Indies

• 0-0 tied

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disharies

#ready2strike
RCB...
LQ
Sydney Thunder
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Nepal
Wow what a match
Shamar Joseph you beauty
Alzarri Joseph crucial wicket against lyon too
Woww
They will get lot of confidence moving forward

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just watched the highlights of full match, watta a game.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Shamar Joseph one of the best finds by pdogg aka Prasanna.

I hope he'll find one for our country too, but I am not sure whether these politicians will allow the player to shine.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My birthday present, a Windies victory in historic fashion!! Rally Round the West Indies!!!!

A historic day for you and your team. :D

My congratulations and best wishes.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Going through the highlights of the last two days of this game... a few things that caught my eye.

• This really may be one of those games that almost everyone is satisfied with. Marnus continues getting exposed, Head finally gets on the wrong side of luck, the Smudge experiment as an opener is a success (and he gets to boost his fourth innings record that some hold against him in the ATG discussions) and Green makes some handy runs at four despite looking shaky initially to continue annoying the Aussie boomers. On the West Indian side of things... their "second XI" yet again secures a famous away victory and they've unearthed an absolute gem in Shamar. McKenzie looks promising as predicted and Roach finally gets one victory he can savour in a country that has been ill suited to his efforts till now.

• Really love how direct Shamar's bowling was. I hope it doesn't get coached out of him and he doesn't go astray like Gabriel with inaccuracy problems down the line. I also hope he continues to play more tests for this side and that he gets enough support financially and otherwise to make that true. As I did say before, this side isn't far off from becoming a competitive outfit in most conditions with a few additions that can slowly build a strong home record. Much will depend on the management of their own board and off-field reasons unfortunately but I still hold out hope, few sides can evoke the passion from their own region and neutrals like a West Indian side.

• Australia's batting has to be examined even if Smudge came through in the end and there's arguably a case to be made for rotating their bowlers more often. Marnus has had a lean year and if it is a case of him reverting to the mean of being a mid 40s averaging batter at best then it may be a worry if others don't step up. This side also needs to start looking at long-term replacements for some of these blokes across the XI, they'll be good for now but you can't deal with a transition period where you have to suddenly replace almost all of them. McSweeney has been the name on everyone's lips after his BBL season but he's also had a very impressive Shield so far... they'll have to look into seeing if he can make that step up. I don't see any other names that can come in and change the side (apart from the already tried names like Renshaw, Bancroft, Handscomb etc) in the next year or two unless they're willing to take the risk with a wildcard like Davies or McGurk. Maybe it's also time to give Hardie a go... almost every potential problem that may arise could be resolved by them ocassionally handing out debuts or the odd game to someone who isn't a regular with either bat or ball.

Users who are viewing this thread