Cricket 24 - General Discussion

douglas93

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone else now struggling to bat since the last patch? I am particularly struggling against spin, mainly when I try and defend, I now pretty much leave everything outside off stump as it seems like ill get an edge eventually. Anyone else getting the same? did you change anything to improve it? I am playing on hard as I like a challenge but dont want to come down a level as in my experience that leads to easy runs/boundaries/silly run rates. Are there any batting guides/tips around?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Anyone else now struggling to bat since the last patch? I am particularly struggling against spin, mainly when I try and defend, I now pretty much leave everything outside off stump as it seems like ill get an edge eventually. Anyone else getting the same? did you change anything to improve it? I am playing on hard as I like a challenge but dont want to come down a level as in my experience that leads to easy runs/boundaries/silly run rates. Are there any batting guides/tips around?
Do you use batting and pitch markers? Changing or removing those can make a lower difficulty more challenging.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's what he said, getting used to no circle around ball is better and enjoyable.
What he said was correct, but he got it backwards. So, I merely corrected him: lowering the display time does not make it earlier, it delays it. Hope this clears it up. And I agree that getting used to no circle adds to the immersion, but for people with slow reaction times, it is needed.

PJ13

Club Captain
Everything is still playing the same for me. Playing against spin has always been odd on this game.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I use backfoot shots against spin and always seems to hit 3 boundaries in an over not sure why the fuss regarding inability to counter spin bowling?

ayush031198

School Cricketer
Does anyone face this issue,

When i bat, i edge the ball while defending in test matches, but the ball always falls short of keeper or slips, i never get caught in slips, i want to see me getting out that way, in C22 it used to happen often to good deliveries, but in C24 the ball always drops short of slip cordon

noys390

County Cricketer
I use backfoot shots against spin and always seems to hit 3 boundaries in an over not sure why the fuss regarding inability to counter spin bowling?
Playing backfoot lofted shot to spinners is not what the fuss is about. Everyone is trying to convey that playing the defense & sweeps against spinners on arcade control is not working properly on many cases.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Does anyone face this issue,

When i bat, i edge the ball while defending in test matches, but the ball always falls short of keeper or slips, i never get caught in slips, i want to see me getting out that way, in C22 it used to happen often to good deliveries, but in C24 the ball always drops short of slip cordon
even on hard pitches?

Ricky14

County Cricketer

Bowling definitely feels rewarding.. Mcgrath and Lee just crushed England..Proper proper test match feel ❤ I usually don't play test match but giving a try.. I play 60 overs a day, hopefully in coming months I would love to play 90 overs a day game and without pitch marker..

Ricky14

County Cricketer

This wicket came out of nowhere! Playing BBL final against Heat.. Renshaw was looking dangerous and I tried everything to get his wicket, then I got Sutherland to ball from round the wicket, when the ball passed Renshaw it felt like it touched something.. I appealed and to my surprise umpire raised his finger.. It felt just wow.. Like you actually see in live matches.. Loved it!!

Ricky14

County Cricketer
For future patches or games.. I suggest have different wicket keeping styles like how we have for batting and bowling.. In 24 the keeper do not move to left/right after collecting the bowl bowled from the bowlers, there are few animations which looks like keeper is trying to block the ball instead of receiving the ball..

Also have an option for keepers to stand up to the stumps for fast bowlers..

BA can try few styles:

1. Gilchrist
2. Haddin/Carey/Inglis/Boucher/Healy
3. McCullum
4. Sangakara/Karthik
5. Moin/Jack Russell/Stewart/Kaluwithrana
6. Pant/Dhoni/Rizwan/Buttler
7. Prior/Foakes
8. Few from 60s,70s and 80s (They had completely different style of keeping)

@JNT BA just few suggestions from my end

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India

This wicket came out of nowhere! Playing BBL final against Heat.. Renshaw was looking dangerous and I tried everything to get his wicket, then I got Sutherland to ball from round the wicket, when the ball passed Renshaw it felt like it touched something.. I appealed and to my surprise umpire raised his finger.. It felt just wow.. Like you actually see in live matches.. Loved it!!
I cannot for the love of me look at this bowling action anymore. Calling it an eyesore would be polite. Just look at the release point. Why don't they fix it? It has been 5 games and it's still there, sticking out like a sore thumb.

AR965

Club Captain
I need help with some shot like how to play it i saw from a youtube video but idk how to play that

Users who are viewing this thread