Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
BA cricket games induce outrage for a few reasons:
  • Despite almost 10 years of games (that I have played/can recall l) basic and fundamental issues exist such as keeper running in, fielders throwing in the opposite direction, overpowered spin and top edges flying for six, to name the bare minimum.

• The inability to not break something when fixing something else (fielding).

• Poor communication: Most people react accordingly when communication is good (such as when and if a patch can be expected) I include Ross' comments on X here as well.
It is just disappointing that we as consumers are treated so badly. The only way to make a stand is to not support sub-par products.
Two of my niche bugbears are collision detection/physics and keepers throwing overarm in gloves

noys390

County Cricketer
It's 'ok' to have bugs as nothing can be perfect but not to correct the most game breaking ones, is back-stabbing the loyal fans. BAnt is doing a big mistake by ignoring C24 their best selling game in recent times (comparing with AFL &Tiebreak on steam).

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
It's 'ok' to have bugs as nothing can be perfect but not to correct the most game breaking ones, is back-stabbing the loyal fans. BAnt is doing a big mistake by ignoring C24 their best selling game in recent times (comparing with AFL &Tiebreak on steam).
I've said this to a few people, their cricket games would easily outsell anything else they put out. I mean you'd think a tennis game would bring the masses in, but after the horrific AO Tennis & AO Tennis 2, you can't blame people for not wanting to buy Tiebreak in an early access state.

I feel like Cricket 24 will put largely put on the back burner given they've also gotta push out Rugby 24 in early access for March as well.

Wahldo

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've said this to a few people, their cricket games would easily outsell anything else they put out. I mean you'd think a tennis game would bring the masses in, but after the horrific AO Tennis & AO Tennis 2, you can't blame people for not wanting to buy Tiebreak in an early access state.

I feel like Cricket 24 will put largely put on the back burner given they've also gotta push out Rugby 24 in early access for March as well.
"Early Access" being the new-age term for unfinished..like C24 was on release

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Guys, we all know about the bug while batting with Pro controls where Pull shot gets triggered when you want to play in the direction of square leg.

I tried this with left hand batsman, if 12o Clock is straight drive and 3 or 4 Cock is shot in the direction of square leg, try to play at 1o Clock or 2 clock for the batsman to play in the direction of 3 or 4 clock. Similarly play 11o Clock for straight drive, try these variations and let me know if it works.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
With the pitch patch added a month or so ago i would have thought BA would have thought about releasing something to do with the weather, ie rain stops play, this was never there for C22 and was talked about lots as a must have, so i'd love to know if they are actually listening to add this in C24?

Anyone from BA on this forum listening and maybe answer the question?

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
It is extremely hard to get around the scripting of the AI batsman when bowling to the point where it is immersion breaking. I don't feel that I earn any of my wickets and the amount of streaky edge 4s that happen through backward square that suddenly just become lofted cover drives if you put a fielder there for them just underlines this. It was bad in C22 but if feels so much worse in C24.

zuhair1581

School Cricketer
What happened to Big ant?, why they stopped updating the game, there are still few glitches which they should’ve fixed by now… like Fielding glitches, front foot defence against spin. Plus i was expecting new content such as bowling actions

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What happened to Big ant?, why they stopped updating the game, there are still few glitches which they should’ve fixed by now… like Fielding glitches, front foot defence against spin. Plus i was expecting new content such as bowling actions
Forget about the updates bro they moved to another game now !! Only update will come for PSL players later !!

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
With the pitch patch added a month or so ago i would have thought BA would have thought about releasing something to do with the weather, ie rain stops play, this was never there for C22 and was talked about lots as a must have, so i'd love to know if they are actually listening to add this in C24?

Anyone from BA on this forum listening and maybe answer the question?
I even raised tickets for the absence of overcast weather in the game and my tickets get answered but not fixed with Pakistan team licences patch afterwards. We always witness super sunny weather in Lords irrespective of our choice in pre match settings.

zuhair1581

School Cricketer
What's weird is people have reshared my old Haris Rauf playface, from Cricket 22, but I can't even find my version on the academy. So I had to make a new one.

View attachment 290496
Brother can you share Shahs brothers, Naseem, Hunain and Ubaid. I know they are licensed but I don’t think so we will get licensed faces during PSL, probably they’ll capture in march and update will come after PSL ends

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brother can you share Shahs brothers, Naseem, Hunain and Ubaid. I know they are licensed but I don’t think so we will get licensed faces during PSL, probably they’ll capture in march and update will come after PSL ends
I've managed to downloaded old versions of Naseem and Shadab Khan so I can update those.

Users who are viewing this thread