Indian Premier League - General Discussion

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
i think all the bowlers should release, otherwise there is a very low chance of the ball reaching the batsman

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
No fixtures yet? Shouldnt this be starting within a month's time?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No fixtures yet? Shouldnt this be starting within a month's time?

Yes its frustrating big time. I am also eagerly waiting for the fixtures to see if I could attend a CSK game. I am visiting India next month and will be there till April 7th and hoping to watch my first IPL game in stadium (definitely at Chepauk).

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
So March 22nd is when it begins. Shame cause I live from India March 22nd and wont be able to see any matches in the stadium. CSK vs RCB in Chennai should be a fun way to start IPL.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Mullanpur stadium will be one of the sights to forth to this year.

I also expect plenty of double header days here and teams playing in alternative home grounds on account of the elections.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Hoping to grab tickets for the opening game at Chepauk! A little skeptical as to how easy it is going to be, considering that its going to feature both Dhoni and Kohli, but if I don't, will try for CSK vs GT on March 26th.

Why is RCB playing first game when GT were the finalist last year? I guess BCCI has let go of the process of starting with both finalists for the opening game and is just picking the winner?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Hoping to grab tickets for the opening game at Chepauk! A little skeptical as to how easy it is going to be, considering that its going to feature both Dhoni and Kohli, but if I don't, will try for CSK vs GT on March 26th.

Why is RCB playing first game when GT were the finalist last year? I guess BCCI has let go of the process of starting with both finalists for the opening game and is just picking the winner?
I was thinking the same, probably wants to start off with a banger when Kohli and Dhoni both return back to cricketing field after a long leave of absence

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I thought they signed on Etihad as their new sponsor. Sure, this is the correct jersey? Or, does Etihad come in as the sponsor on the 'neck/rear'?
I guess BCCI has let go of the process of starting with both finalists for the opening game and is just picking the winner?

They have been changing it every now and then. This year, they will blame the General elections; last 2 years it was on account of the pandemic. I have also noted they did away with the venue finalizations for the 'Play-Offs'. Ideally, the winner hosts the opener and finals, whereas the runner-up gets 2 play-off games. The 3rd place usually got the Eliminator.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Just because I can't be arsed engaging on r/cricket but I've seen the experts bemoaning the fact that Harry Brook is being touted as the number 6 for Delhi Capitals.

Had to look up his numbers for batting at the death, which is when I'd expect a number 6 to be most important.

Also, makes me wonder why Sam Hain is still getting overlooked for England, particularly after starting well against Ireland last summer.

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 07.11.48.png

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The Kavya Maran prophecy is fulfilled!

Patrick Cummins takes over at SRH. Really wish for a 'Drive to Survive' sorta documentary on the IPL- would love to see the back end decision making at SRH

Users who are viewing this thread