Cricket 24 - General Discussion

zuhair1581

School Cricketer
I'll never understand how Big Ant didn't think to scan a player in Melbourne for the Big Bash while also doing the Pakistan team in the same location?
Yeah that’s funny, they could easily scan Haris Rauf, Usama Mir, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Zaman Khan

PJ13

Club Captain
So either India are overpowered, South Africa are very underpowered or pace bowling doesn't work on a grassy pitch because this game is bonkers. First time ever I've felt like it's not actually possible to get a wicket unless I get lucky or manipulate the game. Such a struggle.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
So either India are overpowered, South Africa are very underpowered or pace bowling doesn't work on a grassy pitch because this game is bonkers. First time ever I've felt like it's not actually possible to get a wicket unless I get lucky or manipulate the game. Such a struggle.

I think grassy pitches are borked somehow. They behave flat as owt.

cricboi

Club Captain
I didn't play too much over January but I recently started up again, this time with some T20s. I've noticed that in Standard Controls ( hit R1 to activate special shots then hit x) my sweeps turn into glances seemingly at random. I tried it out in practice and only rarely does it actually load the sweep animation, instead I'm stuck with other shots.
I am certain it is not my controllers and weirdly it works all the time when it's a reverse sweep.
Anyone else experience this or find a work around?

Last edited:

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I didn't play too much over January but I recently started up again, this time with some T20s. I've noticed that in Standard Controls ( hit R1 to activate special shots then hit x) my sweeps turn into glances seemingly at random. I tried it out in practice and only rarely does it actually load the sweep animation, instead I'm stuck with other shots.
I am certain it is not my controllers and weirdly it works all the time when it's a reverse sweep.
Anyone else experience this or find a work around?
I've noticed the defending to spinners glitch doesn't seem to be an issue in practice mode either

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Devs started working again on patching
All the pitch types play the same. There's no more swing on a grassy pitch than there is on a dry one. You have to change the settings yourself.
Weather also same super sunny irrespective of what we choose pre-game settings, overcast weather is absent from the game sadly

noys390

County Cricketer
Devs started working again on patching

Weather also same super sunny irrespective of what we choose pre-game settings, overcast weather is absent from the game sadly
Not sure about your 1st statement.
Regarding weather, Even if we do not choose the weather, dynamically we see clouds floating in the sky. Unfortunately, it does not seem to block the sun. In C22 the clouds used to block the sun sometimes, correct me if I am wrong.

TomEmilioDavies

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Career Mode has to be rigged sometimes. India chasing 572 in the 4th innings, I take the wicket to make it 6/241. Captain takes me off and doesn't bowl me again for the rest of the match. India then don't lose another wicket.image (1).pngimage (2).png

They didn't even win. It was a draw, they only needed another 5 runs.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not sure about your 1st statement.
Regarding weather, Even if we do not choose the weather, dynamically we see clouds floating in the sky. Unfortunately, it does not seem to block the sun. In C22 the clouds used to block the sun sometimes, correct me if I am wrong.
That's what I am saying:: It's always super sunny weather even in English stadiums always. Overcast weather is absent from the game

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for abandoning us again Big Ant :thumbs. You never fail to disappoint!
They've got our money now so why do they care? Virtually all of us knew what was going to happen from previous experience but still bought the game out of blind faith and lack of other options, myself included.

I think we can all accept that no game is perfect and any game will have it's little quirks but frankly BA should be embarrassed by some of the 'features' they've allowed to make it out to public release e.g. wicketkeepers flying at supersonic speed, fielders throwing a ball backwards from the boundary or some shots just not working altogether.

Then you get some features like weather just not being in the game at all. Shambles really.

Users who are viewing this thread