IMG_2912.jpeg

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just curious, Is this an acceptable length to dive and catch the ball?

PJ13

Club Captain
What stat are people changing so that edges don't travel so quickly to the boundary? Saw a few people talking about it and wouldn't mind looking into it.

noys390

County Cricketer
Totally agree stopped playing months ago then fired it up after watching eng vs ind and lasted about 30 mins bowling if that the fact you have to re skill all the batters to take a genuine wicket or something that resembles that is a joke, the edges firing off for 4,s and every top edge bouncer going for 6 and then throw in the “I’ll play the same shot until a wicket falls.” AI nonsense scripted garbage it’s not very enjoyable at all. The only plus side is I’d say it looks and feels a little better when batting apart from that it’s no fun

The main good thing in C24 from batting point of view is, now the pull shot can be played on good length deliveries and the range of the pull shot goes till midwicket, previously in C22, the pull shot could only be played on shorter balls and with range till sq-leg. Apart from that there are some more batting animations. To balance things out, now the sweeps to spinners not working properly on C24 arcade control, which was working well in C22. By & large the games have been similar, so the same issues like edges firing off and top edge sixes has remained the same.

Mummy

School Cricketer
Cricket from Big Ant is basically the West Indies Championship in terms of score.

I'll never buy 24, not any other Big Ant game. They can produce a pretty nice looking game, but sack those in charge of mechanics/collision/ generally understanding of physics/cricket.

sphanlon

School Cricketer
Can anyone tell me how the World Cup Qualifications are and what year they appear? Are they tied to how you do in the yearly Associate T20/ODI tournaments or are they independent of them?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Love the baseless speculation. We're not at abandonware yet based on social posts from Ross. Maybe once the PSL kits are in the game then it's done

I wouldn’t be surprised if there were two more patches, one for the PSL and one around the time the IPL starts. It would be a waste of resources if they didn’t have something planned for the IPL after getting eight out of ten team licenses. Could also have a WC update after the IPL but I doubt they’ll be interested by then or have the active player-base to encourage them.

I don’t have a lot of faith in any update improving the gameplay though so all I can hope for is that it doesn’t introduce any nasty bugs and the game isn’t abandoned in that manner.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'll be honest. The games were better off when Big Ant only had licenses for Australia and England. The community were better at keeping things up-to-date anyway. But Big Ant got too ambitious, and yet many of the things in the game are outdated like the New Zealand Kits for example. There is complete lack of communication between the company and player base regarding timing and release of patches and that has clearly disrupted the trust between us and the company. They are still to update the game regarding PSL Kits. Then, the CPL has to be updated because Jamaica Tallawahs are dead and replaced by Antigua and Barbuda Falcons etc. None of this is going to happen within the near future I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread