Cricket 24 - General Discussion

PJ13

Club Captain
Im drastic too sold my Xbox only played cricket 24 on it and football manager has taken over I jumped on when eng toured India but after playing 3 tests just couldn’t face all the messing about needed, I don’t mind the gameplay (in parts) just the rest of its a complete mess from having to change batting stats for every decent batter yourself to try get a genuine wicket to the scripted wickets where they will hit and hit and hit the same shit til your out to all the community work which is amazing being messed up because they copy and pasted the hub from 22 leaving stats all over the place when you do download teams. Try again in 2026 on the pc maybe one day we will have a 8/10 solid game. Maybe I’m dreaming
It's the only game I've played daily for a long time. I get on and do at least 60 overs at a time. I only ever play Tests though so I don't know if that may explain why I don't seem to have as big an issue as other players. It is a pain in the arse with all of the bugs and glitches but what game isn't these days? I just soldier on purely because of my love for cricket and no one else is making a cricket game.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
The big upgrade in C24 is the fielding. Not to say that there aren't glitches or opportunities to steal runs but it's a massive improvement from C22 for anyone who bats long form "seriously".

The inability of fielders to return the ball quickly enough from many positions or to gather and break the stumps was a huge drag in C22 that meant you could knock up a hundred entirely in stolen runs. Field placements intended to save 1 were saving 2. Boundary riders who are supposed to save 2 could only save 1. The whole tactical basis for setting a field was shot to bits.

That's not trivial. I'm not going to defend whatever issues people are having with bowling at the batting AI or arcade mode batting issues, but some of the changes to fielding have been on the urgent fix list since DBC14.

joeb86

Club Captain
Russ/BA’s messages about new licences needing the stuff approved before launching…

Have I missed recent announcements of new licences? Finally motion capturing all the county grounds such as Grace Road etc?!!

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Russ/BA’s messages about new licences needing the stuff approved before launching…

Have I missed recent announcements of new licences? Finally motion capturing all the county grounds such as Grace Road etc?!!
If we only get licensed content rather than a rewrite of the physics engine I'm done with them.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Pakistan team Licenced but without bats and logos. Tbh we don't need licenses when we have excellent Academy in-game instead it's better to ask for gameplay improvements

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If they added this hairstyle it'd be a 10/10 update.

57.png

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Half the academy by the looks of it! :lol
:lol
On that note why do all the squads have so many duplicates? It has been so for a few months now.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just have to share this even though it is strictly a career mode anecdote/gameplay story.​

Bowling in a domestic match, an edge went quickly to gully who parried it to 4th slip who completed the catch. I've never experienced this in any BA cricket game and appreciated the realism of the moment. A few patches ago the same thing would happen with outfield catches near the boundry where fielders would tag team.

Its a shame that BA come so close and then throw it all away every time. If only they could deliver on the core mechanics this community would be able to sing Ross' praises (as he believes we should).

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Weird that there's no patch notes for it. Is there any such thing over elsewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread