Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I am not here for your validation. I wrote what I saw, deal with it.

You also said edges were gone.. then they reappeared. That's the issue with writing what you see. I played two ODI's without an LBW. I could come on here and say LBW's have been removed.

I also wasn't being hostile I was simply saying they haven't changed. The one tricky thing about cricket games is sometimes you won't see things for 100 overs then see stuff you haven't seen in a long while etc.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
You also said edges were gone.. then they reappeared.
Wow, great comeback.
Just like I said, not here for your validation.
I just wanted to make sure someone from the BA team read what I wrote.
And they keep the changes they made.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Wow, great comeback.
Just like I said, not here for your validation.
I just wanted to make sure someone from the BA team read what I wrote.
And they keep the changes they made.

Can't keep what wasn't changed.

Wasn't looking for an argument.

It's a valid comeback. Knee Jerk reactions don't help anyone.

Edges were never gone.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Your making no sense.

Nothing of what I have said is wrong.

What you are saying is wrong.

Simple as that. You crack on though.
You know what I am gonna do?
I will enjoy the game, and create content out of it.
State what I like and dislike about it here.
And you keep being right, okay?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
You know what I am gonna do?
I will enjoy the game, and create content out of it.
State what I like and dislike about it here.
And you keep being right, okay?

As I said at no point am I trying to argue. Love your content.

Definitely say what you like and dislike. Which you didn't do you said things had been changed.

I'm just saying that I know what your saying was changed wasnt.

That's all mate.

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I received a response from Bug Ant Support and they say this ball marker change was intended ! It has completely ruined game for me , any difficulty level is now pretty impossible as I have pitch marker set to one colour only and reaction time is too quick for me , stopped playing after so many hours invested……
If this is the response and the change is intended, C24 is done for me. I have criticised BA a couple of times but I also understand software is hard. Hard to make, hard to maintain and in some cases, hard to test. However, changing something this fundamental and not giving us a choice to revert it (can be enforced in online if required) in single-player mode is abysmal way of handling this.

PS: I know there are some joystick ninjas on this forum with 0.001ms reaction time. I wish them all the best and admire them. However, there are people who like to play with the pitch marker appearing a little early. Also, changing difficulty does not solve this problem but brings a whole lot of safety while batting which we do not need.

@MattW, this is not a new feature that has been introduced. This is a bug. There is a slider for pitch marker timing and it does nothing in single player mode.

Last edited:

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have noted since the patch that a few Protea players look horrible now. Don't know why that was changed and it seems to have affected the academy versions.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I have noted since the patch that a few Protea players look horrible now. Don't know why that was changed and it seems to have affected the academy versions.
They've licensed (and generic faced) the players in IPL sides

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’m a regular player of a game called Stellaris that if you first played at launch and then now would be virtually unrecognisable other than the graphical parts of it. The game’s undergone at least two gameplay overhauls that revamped the entire core gameplay mechanics and this is without mentioning the numerous updates, each of which have changed the game in significant manners.

Now why I’m mentioning this is because there have been numerous players whose regular complaint is that the game completely changes every six months and they can’t keep adapting to it. This is the fall you take when you’re revamping core gameplay mechanics and this is for a game that’s in a much better state now and one where the updates have made the game better to play. The way Paradox gets around it is by allowing users to access previous game versions, they aren’t officially supported with further bugfixes or feature additions but they do exist for those who want them.

If the modus operandi of BA’s games is to fix one thing and break another then I feel like they could do the same and allow people to stay on the game versions that they prefer.

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
Pretty sure that used to be a thing. But I have always wanted some in audible edges as well. That you would have to go off a gut feeling/look.
I actually had one like that.. Batsmen tried to slog my shot to the square leg area. I actually appealed for the sake of it because I maybe had a 0.1% hope , and to my shock it was given out. I recorded the game play and replayed the audio at a slightly higher volume and couldn't hear the nick even slightly.

The only way it would make sense to incorporate this is, if you didn't end up appealing, that they show you a quick replay where the audio waves on the snicko appear
so u know you missed the chance. Which would in turn make u appeal more.

PJ13

Club Captain
I don't know what people are complaining about. I have loved the changes that they have made. It feels more like a simulation than an arcade. You don't always edge the ball when you have played early or late. The speed of the delivery matters on how it would go off the bat. Batting against spin has improved, defence is better. Am I missing anything? I don't usually side with Big Ant, but I have really liked the changes that they have made.
I'm with you on this one. Still plenty of other things that should be fixed but unfortunately won't be but this latest change has been a positive for me.

Users who are viewing this thread