Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
Hey guys i need some tips because of some changes I've made to spice up my gameplay experience a bit.
I always play in the Batting Far camera angle, and I have bowling ball marker switched to "on" and pitch marker set to "off"
Now I have never played with the bowling ball marker so I don't know how to read if the pace bowler is bowling an outswinger or an In swinger. There is a round and sometimes crescent shaped outline around the ball, which I'm sure means something but I can't figure out what it is.
Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello everyone,

I'm seeking some advice on whether to buy Cricket 24 now, later, or wait for the next iteration. I own all other games in the series, and I'm quite excited about Cricket 24's improved graphics, new animations, licenses, and dynamic broadcast camera angles. Also, the added details like Stuart Broad's headband and the inclusion of thigh pads for batsmen caught my eye!

I've browsed through this thread for insights, but I'd appreciate more specific information on a few points. Just for context, I use standard controls (introduced in Ashes Cricket, I believe) for batting and bowling, with both pitch marker and ball marker on while batting.
  1. Ball Vibe/Feel in Batting: How does the overall feel of the ball while batting in Cricket 24 compare to Cricket 19? For instance, in Cricket 22, a patch made pace bowling feel slow, although we could adjust with the visual speed sliders. Aside from the pitch marker issue, are there any problems with the batting settings for e.g. time window etc
  2. AI Bowling Issues: In Cricket 22, some spin types tended to bowl a lot of wides. Is this still an issue in Cricket 24? Also, as a right-handed batsman, I noticed left-arm pacers bowled predictably at the pads or wide outside leg stump in Cricket 22, at least in the early days of the game. Has this been improved?
  3. Batting Mechanics: There was a batting issue in Cricket 22 where it was not possible to hit gaps between cover and point against pace bowlers, which was later fixed. Are the batting mechanics in Cricket 24 working well? Have any new issues, similar to this, been introduced?
Thanks in advance for your insights!
Only one issue (bug) still exists in Cricket 24, Automatic triggering of prod pull shot weird animation by human batter. It's not fixed yet surprisingly. I am putting my video proof here

Attachments

• 18cd3769c4597-master_playlist.mp4
    7 MB · Views: 0

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hey guys i need some tips because of some changes I've made to spice up my gameplay experience a bit.
I always play in the Batting Far camera angle, and I have bowling ball marker switched to "on" and pitch marker set to "off"
Now I have never played with the bowling ball marker so I don't know how to read if the pace bowler is bowling an outswinger or an In swinger. There is a round and sometimes crescent shaped outline around the ball, which I'm sure means something but I can't figure out what it is.
Any inputs will be highly appreciated.
The crescent shape will tell you whether the ball is on middle leg or off stump or outside off depending on the position and 'wholeness' of the crescent. As far as I know whether it swings in or out you will need to determine after the ball has pitched. So a half crescent green marker is a good length ball on or just outside off stump but what it then does you will have to read after the ball pitches.....just like cricket! If I have described this incorrectly I am sure others will jump in.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
AI bowling is challenging to play, finally they are varying speed, good field placements, good patch, pitch marker little late but fine as long as it's challenging, liked the improvement made in AI bowling

How you switch forward and backward shots , Are you able to play Red marker length bowl, When you make mind to play forward shot before bowls ?

Only I want Red marks bowl to some bit early rest is fine.

This can be perfect to play

sashu_91

County Cricketer
How you switch forward and backward shots , Are you able to play Red marker length bowl, When you make mind to play forward shot before bowls ?

Only I want Red marks bowl to some bit early rest is fine.

This can be perfect to play
I personally have played a lot with low pitch marker timing and without marker also, starting with that can be frustrating but when you start picking, let's say 70 Percent of time the game opens at a new level

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Optimize the overs to bowlers is Needed , Why Rashid not given full overs by AI ?

1712392968688.png

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
This is one of the Best One day match with Latest Patch

1712399400276.png

Last edited:

Rocketpsycho

School Cricketer
The crescent shape will tell you whether the ball is on middle leg or off stump or outside off depending on the position and 'wholeness' of the crescent. As far as I know whether it swings in or out you will need to determine after the ball has pitched. So a half crescent green marker is a good length ball on or just outside off stump but what it then does you will have to read after the ball pitches.....just like cricket! If I have described this incorrectly I am sure others will jump in.
I have changed the colors of all the markers to black to make it homogenous... Sadly don't know what they mean anymore.
Post automatically merged:

You are partially correct... I don't think entirely though.. Also hardly anytime to see after the ball is pitched right?? If I start thinking about that probably gonna miss half the deliveries

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online gameplay seems to be FUBAR -- cant bowl with a spinner for 3 balls and the game freezes, if a single is scored it freezes, its ok if you hit a boundary

Confirmed, game crashes when spinner is bowling and a SINGLE is taken... every time

Last edited:

nawaz1996

School Cricketer
Online gameplay seems to be FUBAR -- cant bowl with a spinner for 3 balls and the game freezes, if a single is scored it freezes, its ok if you hit a boundary

Confirmed, game crashes when spinner is bowling and a SINGLE is taken... every time
you need to turn off the hat/no helmet toggle to fix this

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have changed the colors of all the markers to black to make it homogenous... Sadly don't know what they mean anymore.
Post automatically merged:

You are partially correct... I don't think entirely though.. Also hardly anytime to see after the ball is pitched right?? If I start thinking about that probably gonna miss half the deliveries
To be honest I dont play with any marker at all (If I play at all) and do everything on sight. For me that the gives the most realistic gameplay and I am able to play a very conservative game and put away the 'bad' ball.

joeb86

Club Captain
Real pet peeve. But why are the stadia half full for most t20 games? Playing MI v KKR at Eden gardens and the lack of spectators really breaks immersion. It must be a design choice (probably to make it feel like Big Bash :winky:) but in India and England, most internationals and hundred/IPL games are sold out

Users who are viewing this thread