Cricket 24 - General Discussion

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Request to Developers again please don't listen to immature people requests , batting has become Arcadey and useless after yesterday patch
If you need to play difficult then Why dont you play with ball marker display time set at 3 and play the game. You cant because if the ball marker display is set at 3 you cant play because then bowling ball marker also will comeup late.

Please understand that we are not arcade players. We play only with pitch marker alone and classic controls and with value set between 7 and 10 it appears too late before the patch.
If we also enable bowling ball marker then it will be easy for us but we dont like the bowling ball marker.

Just please dont call others as immature because we are not playing like you. Pitch marker and bowling ball marker display time were always in synch from atleast 4 iterations of the game.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First time playing again today for a few months and they STILL haven't fixed the forward defence to spinners issue !! Unbelievable.
I think they did in current patch bcoz in 10-15 mins play i didnt encountered false defense against spinners , though i haven't played it extensively till now.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it me or the special shots are still broken. I reinstalled the game btw and I am on xbox

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First time playing again today for a few months and they STILL haven't fixed the forward defence to spinners issue !! Unbelievable.
It has been fixed to an extend. Of course, if the ball is too wide or full, you will still see the animation of playing down the wrong line but it has been fixed for the length deliveries and that was the main problem we were facing.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The community teams I uploaded previously are still showing up as "A-censored", "E-censored" etc... I thought this was fixed! I tried resharing them but still the same!

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
If you need to play difficult then Why dont you play with ball marker display time set at 3 and play the game. You cant because if the ball marker display is set at 3 you cant play because then bowling ball marker also will comeup late.

Please understand that we are not arcade players. We play only with pitch marker alone and classic controls and with value set between 7 and 10 it appears too late before the patch.
If we also enable bowling ball marker then it will be easy for us but we dont like the bowling ball marker.

Just please dont call others as immature because we are not playing like you. Pitch marker and bowling ball marker display time were always in synch from atleast 4 iterations of the game.
Absolutely no , hardest should be still tougher to play and to drive the ball into gaps. But after this patch we can't enjoy the beauty of batting, with minimum confidence of batter can easily bash boundaries with 3 greens( I am posting proofs). And hardest means maximum difficulty where no need to set any sliders.

Attachments

• 18ec6272f4296-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18ec6272f4296-screenshotUrl.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 18ec626ee6618-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18ec626ee6618-screenshotUrl.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 18ec629c13e44-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18ec629c13e44-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

vipul gupta

Club Captain
When did I expect the game to be made easier for me? All I complained was about the pitch marker that's been fixed. If anything, the game is harder for me after the recent patch, despite the pitch marker being fixed. But I am okay with that, as I always play with my own slider sets (which I adjust based on gameplay changes), not the default difficulties.
You could have enjoyed the last patch as well if you could just lower your difficulty. Hardest is meant to be hardest.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
You could have enjoyed the last patch as well if you could just lower your difficulty. Hardest is meant to be hardest.
It's clear you don't understand what I am talking about when I have specifically said I play with my own sliders... so difficulty wasn't an issue for me. My issue (for the 3rd or 4th time) was with the “ball marker” not appearing correctly as it should be. Even with setting it on 100 (which is default for easiest, by the way), it appeared much later than it is supposed to be.

Heck, there's no point going over it, as I've noticed a pattern here with people not even trying to understand the point. And then we have some calling others “immature” for wanting the pitch marker to be fixed. It's funny that I am seeing the same crap going on in this community that I've seen on so many other gaming communities.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Yo
It's clear you don't understand what I am talking about when I have specifically said I play with my own sliders... so difficulty wasn't an issue for me. My issue (for the 3rd or 4th time) was with the “ball marker” not appearing correctly as it should be. Even with setting it on 100 (which is default for easiest, by the way), it appeared much later than it is supposed to be.

Heck, there's no point going over it, as I've noticed a pattern here with people not even trying to understand the point. And then we have some calling others “immature” for wanting the pitch marker to be fixed. It's funny that I am seeing the same crap going on in this community that I've seen on so many other gaming communities.
Your academy creations are excellent, your version is right but developers not only limited in making pitch marker settings easier, they have also tweeked ball marker and difficulty settings so that hardest has become easy to bat now. One thing is clear -- if we struggle to bat then we learn to play defence, leave the ball and slowly we start enjoying the batting. But now we can easily bash boundaries

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yo

Your academy creations are excellent, your version is right but developers not only limited in making pitch marker settings easier, they have also tweeked ball marker and difficulty settings so that hardest has become easy to bat now. One thing is clear -- if we struggle to bat then we learn to play defence, leave the ball and slowly we start enjoying the batting. But now we can easily bash boundaries
I can agree with your statements. My only issue was with the pitch marker, that is now fixed. I can also understand that a lot of people here enjoy playing Tests on hardest (I love simulation-style/realism myself, and that's how I've played the majority of my games, whether cricket or football). I have no issues if BA decides to up the difficulty back to what it was on hard and hardest without breaking the pitch marker again.

Furthermore, the reason I had to write that post above is that I've seen many times in gaming communities that people skim over someone's arguments/points, and write an entitled reply such as “just lower the difficulty” or “get better”. I believe we can engage in respectable conversations without labeling others as “immature” while taking an effort to try to understand their arguments before jumping the gun on that reply button.

Lastly, and this will probably be my last post on this thread, I hope the game becomes fun for all of us. As all of us (I hope) have paid money for this game and deserve to have a product that caters (or at least, tries to) our needs.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Absolutely no , hardest should be still tougher to play and to drive the ball into gaps. But after this patch we can't enjoy the beauty of batting, with minimum confidence of batter can easily bash boundaries with 3 greens( I am posting proofs). And hardest means maximum difficulty where no need to set any sliders.
Difficulties don't matter because people can edit them anyway.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Lot of people here didnt understand the pitch marker bug in the last patch. Its not about difficulty. People were unable to adjust the timing of pitch marker even in custom sliders. It was same in all difficulties. The timing doesct when marker is changed.
The slider marker display time need to adjust based on the changes which was not happening.
BA has fixed the issue and slider is working fine now.

If some people feel hardest is too easy and need those to be lowered further, then ask the request accordingly to reduce the values further like making current 30 as new 50, current 10 as new 30 and current 0 as new 20 and new 0 which makes it equal like last patch. We can also support these kind of requests. But dont ask them to always have it appear too late without following the slider like in the last patch.

Last edited:

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@SalmanWahidi got a point in my opinion. I didn't actually mind the pitch marker appearing late but it should be enjoyable for people with all skill levels.

@gkvarma18 the sliders are there if you really want to push yourself. Also if after the last patch, the difficulty settings have become easier, then that's a different case altogether. Because the pitch marker timing can always be tweaked if that's the thing that's bothering some players. I don't think people who asked for a fix for the pitch marker issue really wanted the devs to make the game easier. They wanted it to be more accessible.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
But even after editing and making display time 100 its stilll appearing too late in the last patch. As i told before i use to play by setting value at 7 in custom sliders and during last patch i was not even able to play even by setting it at 100 because the marker was not appearing based on the adjustment.
BA has fixed the issue now and the slider is working now based on the values adjusted.
If this needs to be adjusted further for people who feel 0 is early then the timing and values needs to be readjusted further.

Users who are viewing this thread