Gas's Review (The Only One On Here That Matters)

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Format: Pc
Difficulty: Hard
Mode: Foreign Tour Of Sub Continent
Team Chosen: England
Practice: Played the demo quite alot, never tried bowling.
Price: ?29.99

First match is a test match against Bangladesh.

I got the penultimate copy of cricket 2005 from game. After an easy and quick install i set about setting up the graphic and system settings. Everything seems pretty straight forward. The format is very similar to 2004, but with a newer, fifa type presentation. Theres a few new options when picking your squad etc, but nothing drastically new.

Conditions were a dusty pitch, sunny and humid. I lose the toss and bangladesh choose to bat first.

I have been quite impressed so far with the improved ai batting. No rash shots early on as batsmen looked to leave or block most off side shots and only clip a few through the onside. Whats more once a batsmen reaches full confidence he does not start slogging the ball around like he's just jacked up on heroin (unlike 2004). You may get him to mistime the ball in the air, but you wont see any slog shots, at least i havent after seeing loads of their batsmen reach full confidence. The batting animations are nicely done, the overall graphic improvements add alot to the game. I am using a res of 1280x1024 with everything on high (in game grahpic settings) and AA at x2. The graphics are above BLIC by a long way. Whats more the players look like there real life counter parts. Yes every with, helmets, caps and alike on. The pitch condition actually wears as the match progress's, and bowlers marks start to appear on the pitch. Aim for that spot and watch the ball deviate. A big step forward there. The bowling animations are also excellent. The fielding seems better than it was in the demo, there is much less gliding backwards. The extra deliveries which are obtained by bowling a good line and length, or making the batsmen leave the ball alone are a nice touch. I havent taken a wicket with a 'special' delivery as yet, but its going to happen soon. I think its all about knowing when to use them. This dusty pitch has offerd little for the seamers, which is what you would expect. Giles has bowled well, and his figures show it. I managed just two wickets with the seamers, one caught in the slips and one off a leading edge at mid on. The slip catch animations have been improved, and now look how they do in real life, especially ones taken around the chest/neck area. Bangladesh have been quite defensive, which is the reason for the low scores, however they did put away the bad balls that i offerd to them. You can edit your own fields, and there is an improved batch of fields for you to use. Oh and there is also player stats available for foreigh tours etc, and you can save after every over. I have enclosed some screenshots of the stats of my game. I will post some of my batting tomorrow.

If you have any questions about the game just ask, cheers!!

Attachments

• 1.zip
    558.9 KB · Views: 290

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
What do you mean by changing the graphics in game gas, btw, its a very intuative idea for a review, well done!

Sureshot

Executive member
Thanks Gas. Screenshots are good. Looks fairly realistic. How did Bashar score that boundary almost over the keepers head?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
looks like this game is going to be a hit with the test matches.. thats a damn realistic score by Bangladesh!

JANER

Club Cricketer
Game is def hard lol, but rather it that way then BLIC arcade easy peasy.
btw Gassy I have TFT and wanted 1280x1024 but only found 1024x768 :(

JANER

Club Cricketer
Ok just had a long session of EA 2005 and gotta say after my intial small sessions today I was none too happy but now gotta say I can't see myself buying BLIC!
Loved the player diving home after a close run, loved the playing on the wicket (twice in an innings)
Loved the way I took ages to score and ended up 88 all out vs Bangladesh......Thorpe 31*.
The commentry maybe crap but the sound effects are excellent, did'nt really notice any bugs in the fielding either and loved when Bangladesh put a silly point in and I hit him a couple of times!!
Nice knowing wether I survived a run out by the 3rd empire (I know the wickets change b4 his decision but I just covered the scoreboard with my hand!)
Really a big diff over EA cricket 2004, I am sure I left out other stuff to mention but my memory is not my main strength :P

Hero

Club Captain
By reading these reviews ,this game is looking like nice improvement over Cricket2004.I am happy to hear all this that stupid bugs have gone.Besides,ai seems to be lot more smarter now.

Users who are viewing this thread