my little review of cricket 2005

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
i recently got hold of the game and i looked through a few things. firstly, you cant edit any of the original players can you? that really sucks

the menu music is absolutly shocking so i stream real player in the background and i keep that on during the game cos the commentary and sound effects suck to. same as cricket 2004.

now for the game. i have recently finished the first innings of a 50 over game. i was WA bowling to TAS. medium difficulty. tas really never attacked me except for maybe 1 or 2 shots that went for six. they had no runs down the ground at all except for a Cox 6 in the first few overs. the only runs they got were glides down to third man and some cover drives that sometimes got through my fielders. kremescothan got out for 23 off about 60 balls..... di venuto was their best with 46 off about 60. they just seemed too defensive but those 2 did have a decent 57 run partnership after brad williams ripped through the top order with 4 wickets.

the bowling well.... wides are far 2 strict like in cricket 2004. when swining the ball it does not look the least bit realistic as the ball is spinning in the air while swinging even though swing is caused basically by an upright seam or slightly tilted. i didnt bowl many overs with hogg cos he bairly spun the ball, only a normal pitch but still no spin really and his action was so slow and boring.

medium pacers are probably the best wicket takers. not sure if this is the case in hard mode but if u want a garunteed wicket. pitch it as short as possible inline with the stumps with a medium pacer and make it slow as possible. you will get a LBW or bowled nearly every time. this happened once, i did it again to check and it happened again so i tried it one more time and yet again.... with k.harvey i bowled 10 overs 3 maidens and got 2 wickets and only gave away 13 runs cos noone could play him when i did a good length outside off.

the fielding is shockin, they run way to fast and the ground is way 2 small. tas got one 2 and on runs within the circle. just not great at all. the batting animations look like the motion capture was taken at milo have a go.

they really just dont look like they know wat they are doing. the player graphics do look very good but they are 2 bulky and the stadiums and crowds look crap. i see little - no difference in that area from cricket 2004

i will continue to play this game for about 1 more week till i get BLC as this game just isnt that appealing. i do like the difficulty in batting that is one plus and the batting confidence metre does work but i cant find many other positives.

also the yorker is useless as a special ball. wats the point when i have a guy like brett lee bowl a 150kmph yorker to a number 11 batsman and he plays it gracfully down to the fine leg boundary for 4 everytime.

overall rating - 4/10. cricket enthusiasts will settle with it but i feel BLC will overall be a much better option

melucas

School Cricketer
I played a game between NSW and WA 50 overs. WA got 7/258 and I got all out for 235 off 47 overs on hard mode. I found it to be fun and the AI team scored runs all around the wicket. They paced themselves until their confidence meter had filled up to about 3/4 then they upped the pace. They were 2/ 87 after 22 overs then they started scoring runs all over the park.
I think the 4/10 is a little harsh I personally give it about 8/10 for gameplay and graphics and I am not too bothered about the commentary because I always turn it off anyway.
Just my thoughts.

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
whiteninness said:
overall rating - 4/10. cricket enthusiasts will settle with it but i feel BLC will overall be a much better option

You sir do not understand games or do not know how to rate games. You look like a Codies fanboy to me who will write whatever bad he can about EA. EA's efforts in the past have been pathetic I admit. But this new game is decent. Challenging and rewarding aswell. Many people will agree that Cricket 2005, though not perfect, is actually decent. Mind you I am not a fan of either company. When BLIC was announced I was really looking forward to it. The features and stuff were great. But when I played it myself, I was thouroughly dissappointed by the difficulty, bowling speeds and the swing in the game. I will give EA's efforts 7.5/10 this time round and as for BLIC, we will see.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
dats fine mate but you must realise that your opinion is not neccesary the corrrect opinion. neither is mine cos its just my own personal opinion.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
EVerybody is entitled to their opinion. The game is pretty decent in terms of the challenge it offers. It has come closest being a sim. The run out thing and ultra fast fielder have spoiled the fun a little but overall the game is worth having. i would rate 7.5/10.

dhruvdeepak

School Cricketer
I will give EA's efforts 7.5/10 this time round

you've got to be kidding me mate. 'this time around'?
As a person who's bought almost every single EA cricket game, it's ****ing off to hear this. They have been at this perpetual effort to get a good game out for nearly 10 years, and year after year they come out with **** like this, full of bugs, low on quality. The promises never stop coming though, and like moths to a light we all run blindly to buy the 'new' version.
The buck has to stop somewhere, and me, as well as many other cricket-gaming enthusiasts, will probably decide it to be now. This is mainly because of the advent of BLIC, which already from the demo seems to be enthralling, addictive and FAST.
How many versions do EA expect us to buy while they struggle to make a game with any sort of decency? Enough of this crap about "EA's efforts". It's a poor game, it's been a poor project since Cricket '99, and im sick of waiting out these negligible 'improvements' year after year.

UsmanCHADDA

County Cricketer
dhruvdeepak said:
you've got to be kidding me mate. 'this time around'?
As a person who's bought almost every single EA cricket game, it's ****ing off to hear this. They have been at this perpetual effort to get a good game out for nearly 10 years, and year after year they come out with **** like this, full of bugs, low on quality. The promises never stop coming though, and like moths to a light we all run blindly to buy the 'new' version.
The buck has to stop somewhere, and me, as well as many other cricket-gaming enthusiasts, will probably decide it to be now. This is mainly because of the advent of BLIC, which already from the demo seems to be enthralling, addictive and FAST.
How many versions do EA expect us to buy while they struggle to make a game with any sort of decency? Enough of this crap about "EA's efforts". It's a poor game, it's been a poor project since Cricket '99, and im sick of waiting out these negligible 'improvements' year after year.

All I can say is just wait for BLIC before saying it will be better and stuff. :cool:

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
whiteninness said:
i recently got hold of the game and i looked through a few things. firstly, you cant edit any of the original players can you? that really sucks

the menu music is absolutly shocking so i stream real player in the background and i keep that on during the game cos the commentary and sound effects suck to. same as cricket 2004.

now for the game. i have recently finished the first innings of a 50 over game. i was WA bowling to TAS. medium difficulty. tas really never attacked me except for maybe 1 or 2 shots that went for six. they had no runs down the ground at all except for a Cox 6 in the first few overs. the only runs they got were glides down to third man and some cover drives that sometimes got through my fielders. kremescothan got out for 23 off about 60 balls..... di venuto was their best with 46 off about 60. they just seemed too defensive but those 2 did have a decent 57 run partnership after brad williams ripped through the top order with 4 wickets.

the bowling well.... wides are far 2 strict like in cricket 2004. when swining the ball it does not look the least bit realistic as the ball is spinning in the air while swinging even though swing is caused basically by an upright seam or slightly tilted. i didnt bowl many overs with hogg cos he bairly spun the ball, only a normal pitch but still no spin really and his action was so slow and boring.

medium pacers are probably the best wicket takers. not sure if this is the case in hard mode but if u want a garunteed wicket. pitch it as short as possible inline with the stumps with a medium pacer and make it slow as possible. you will get a LBW or bowled nearly every time. this happened once, i did it again to check and it happened again so i tried it one more time and yet again.... with k.harvey i bowled 10 overs 3 maidens and got 2 wickets and only gave away 13 runs cos noone could play him when i did a good length outside off.

the fielding is shockin, they run way to fast and the ground is way 2 small. tas got one 2 and on runs within the circle. just not great at all. the batting animations look like the motion capture was taken at milo have a go.

they really just dont look like they know wat they are doing. the player graphics do look very good but they are 2 bulky and the stadiums and crowds look crap. i see little - no difference in that area from cricket 2004

i will continue to play this game for about 1 more week till i get BLC as this game just isnt that appealing. i do like the difficulty in batting that is one plus and the batting confidence metre does work but i cant find many other positives.

also the yorker is useless as a special ball. wats the point when i have a guy like brett lee bowl a 150kmph yorker to a number 11 batsman and he plays it gracfully down to the fine leg boundary for 4 everytime.

You call that a little review mate? ;)

kelvinismyname

Club Cricketer
i got ea crick 2005 and it derserves altleats 7.5/10 i only played it for 2 days so far but its really realistic and much better than ea crick 2004 or blc2005 demo...........

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
kelvinismyname said:
i got ea crick 2005 and it derserves altleats 7.5/10 i only played it for 2 days so far but its really realistic and much better than ea crick 2004 or blc2005 demo...........
I would myself give it an 8/10.

Highlander

School Cricketer
youve gotta be joking!

8/10? 7/10?

you obviously havent played the game much at all.

this is the worst cricket game ive ever played!

its impossible to score runs, if the computer has a ring field, you can hardly ever break through the field to score 1 or 2 runs. Only real chance is slog button.

You hit the ball, often it gets given a leg bye... i once hit the ball, and after it was fielded, it was called a wide!!

just so many crap things in this game...i wonder if they even tested the game before they released it

i wish it would be better, i tried to play it so many times, but every time, just couldnt believe how bad this game is!!

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
duffarama said:
I would myself give it an 8/10.

Why giving it 8/10 go for 10 duffarama watch what sort of comments you will get after giving it 10 :D

JANER

Club Cricketer
kelvinismyname said:
It gets better and better, I have lost 5/5 games but am getting closer, 96 is my top score, have to be patient and as someone said earlier the batting confidence meter really is good.
8/10 so far but this time next month maybe even 9/10, sure there is a few probs but overall the game is excellent.
I won't even bother with BLIC cos your not gonna get any more simulation then this.

Highlander said:
8/10? 7/10?

its impossible to score runs, if the computer has a ring field, you can hardly ever break through the field to score 1 or 2 runs. Only real chance is slog button.

You hit the ball, often it gets given a leg bye... i once hit the ball, and after it was fielded, it was called a wide!!

just so many crap things in this game...i wonder if they even tested the game before they released it

i wish it would be better, i tried to play it so many times, but every time, just couldnt believe how bad this game is!!
You are so wrong, learn to play the game LEARN+PATIENCE+PROPER TACTICS!!!

kelvinismyname

Club Cricketer
Highlander said:
8/10? 7/10?

dude all i can say is that......... u suck really bad at the game dont waste your money buying such a good cricket simulation game ....go get BLC 2005 its arcade style is best for u and its worth playing for coulpe of mins

Bomberman69

School Cricketer
i hav played both demos and BLC craps on EA Sports Cricket 2005. i admit i havnt got the real game but cricket 2005 iz crap and BLC iz way better in all aspects

Users who are viewing this thread