Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerkid22

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
Had some problems with the OS and RAM, now installed a new OS and now back to business. Lost the saved games now will do something about the match . Screens for the next update is almost ready will post it today

gamerkid22

National Board President
Cant update today as couple of screens are remaining . I dont have photoshop installed on my system . I am waiting for a copy of CS3, if I font get that then i will have to install CS2 again .

gamerkid22

National Board President
Pietersen,Flintoff back to the pavilion

Pietersen and Flintoff rescued England to some extent after the loss of Strauss and Collingwood at the end of 2nd day's play. With the start of day 3 both the batsmen were looking positive with their shot selection and stroke making. There was a bit of moisture in the pitch which helped the fast bowlers to get some swing but it wasn't enough to get the wicket of Pietersen and Flintoff. Flintoff was batting nicely and was smashing the bad balls for fours and was lucky when he edge one but the ball went between the slip fielders.
Important runs for England
102af6.jpg

Finally Australia got the much needed wicket of Kevin Pietersen and once again it was Brett Lee who provided the breakthrough. Brett Lee bowled a fast inswinger and the ball kept a bit low as a result of which Pietersen missed that completely and the was trapped plum in front. Pietersen who came to bat a no.5 when his team was in all sorts of trouble at 52/3, scored magnificent 83 runs off 162 balls with 10 boundaries and 1 six.
Pietersen's wicket
103rj7.jpg

Good knock comes to an end
105ps7.jpg

Lets take a look at the hawkeye to confirm the umpire's decision.
Animated Hawkeye
107ww4.gif

G.Jones was the next batsman for England. He has the ability to bat but nhe is not consistent with his batting. With an average of 23.91 Jones has managed to play in this 1st test but he has to prove that he is a good wicketkeeper-batsman by scoring some runs and getting close to the Australian total.
GoJo takes guard
107gp0.jpg

Things went from bad to worse as Flintoff joined Pietersen in the pavilion soon after he departed. Flintoff had all the responsibility the take England close to the Australian total and was batting nicely but he gave away an easy catch to McGrath trying to flick one on the legside for a single. England have suffered a major setback as they have lost both Pietersen and Flintoff inside an hours play on day 3. Now Australia are into the England tail and will be looking to pickup the remaining 3 wickets and get a lead of 100 runs.
Flintoff's wicket
104sx6.jpg

Flintoff departs
106xy2.jpg

England : 270/7 (74 overs) Trail by 149 runs.

G.Jones : 9*(23) 1 Four
M.Hoggard : 0*(3)

Australia : 419/10 (107.4 overs)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Big wickets of the dangerman. One of them should have gone on to make a big score. Now it's down to the mighty power of Hoggard's defense to guide us to a decent target :D

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Poor batting England hope they bat the same way agaist India. Kevin and freddie should have continued. A huge first innings lead awaits Australia

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Australia are well on top. Lee is back to his damaging best. England should get out well before the Australian score.

PhilD123

International Coach
GoJo really has to come to the party here, after Flintoff gave his wicket away poorly. Australia right on top with Warne to bowl in the 4th innings. Great presentation.

Roofrom50

International Coach
I have requested the turtorials for some time now, so i am one to put my hand up for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread