Story England host India, South Africa [C2005] (Eng 81-0,1st Ings, Ind 412 all out)

Who will win the npower test series?

• England

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • India

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, its vacation time again, and even though I have a summer job and other commitments to take care of, I still have a decent amount of time left. As a result I have decided to come back to writing stories.

Well as of now I am testing some of the latest patches and updates for Cricket 2005. However there is a good chance that I might present this story with BLIC 2005.

EDIT: This story will be presented using Cricket 2005

Anyways here is what I have planned:

India and South Africa will be touring England this summer. First we have a three test series between India and England, which will be followed by a triangular series between England, India and South Africa. Finally England and South Africa will lock horns in a four test series.

Stay tuned for more details and updates....

Regards.
Sid (m_vaughan)
Planetcricket

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Looking forward for ur story mate!!!! :cheers

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
gamerkid22 said:
so will u use BLIC screens??
Obviously.

@m_vaughan - Looking forward to your story mate. Btw, test cricket is much more realistic in cricket 2005 IMO,with all those patches and updates.ODIs are more enjoyable and realistic in BLIC. However,it's your choice that'll matter in the end.

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, i'd go with Cricket 2005 mate, I just think it's got better presentation. On the other hand, I would use BLIC for ODI's, but as the Doc said, it's your decision that matters.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
India's tour of England

India's tour of England: Fixtures announced

The fixture list for the first part of the English summer, involving the Indians, has been announced by the England and Wales Cricket Board. Rahul Dravid's team will play three tour matches before the npower three test series against England. Another tour (one-day) game will follow, before the Natwest triangular series also involving the South Africans. England will also play neighbours Ireland in an official one day international just before the Natwest Series.

Fixtures:
Tour Game: British Universities XI v India at Cambridge (3 day)
Tour Game: Lancashire v India at Old Trafford, Manchester (3 day)
Tour Game: England A v India at The Rose Bowl, Southampton (4 day)

The npower Test Series
1st Test: England v India at Lord's
2nd Test: England v India at Edgbaston, Birmingham
3rd Test: England v India at Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Tour Game: Sussex v India at The Hove (50 Over Game)

The NatWest International
1st ODI: Ireland v England at Belfast

The NatWest Twenty20 International
1st Game: England v India at The Oval

The NatWest Series
1st ODI: England v India at The Oval
2nd ODI: South Africa v India at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
3rd ODI: England v South Africa at Lord's
4th ODI: England v India at Trent Bridge, Nottingham (D/N)
5th ODI: England v South Africa at Chester-le-Street
6th ODI: India v South Africa at Durham
7th ODI: England v South Africa at Headingley, Leeds
8th ODI: England v India at The Rose Bowl, Southampton
9th ODI: South Africa v India at Canterbury
Final at Lord's

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
Yeah, i'd go with Cricket 2005 mate, I just think it's got better presentation. On the other hand, I would use BLIC for ODI's, but as the Doc said, it's your decision that matters.
Well if thats the case, I might play tests using C2005 and ODIs using BLIC. However the advantage BLIC has over C2005 is that Ive hardly played it. So it could take some time getting used to, and hence tougher games.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
England announce test squad

England team for first test against India announced
The England and Wales Cricket Board have today announced their 12 man squad for the first test match against India at Lord's. Michael Vaughan, returning to international cricket after a long break due to injury, will resume captaincy duties. Andrew Flintoff, who led England in Vaughan's absence has been named the vice-captain. With Simon Jones also returning to the squad after his own injury layoff, there is no place for Lancashire paceman James Anderson. Warwickshire batsman, Ian Bell and Durham seamer Liam Plunkett, who played in recent matches for England, have been left out. Ashley Giles has still not recovered from his hip injury, which means Monty Panesar retains his place in the team.

sotry19zr.jpg

Regarding the return of Michael Vaughan and Simon Jones to the team, chairman of selectors David Graveney said:"Its great to have two of our most important players back, and I am sure their experience and talent will help England a lot."

About Michael Vaughan retaining his captaincy, Graveney said:"Well we had decided long back that Vaughan, on his return would captain the side. Vaughan has built this team, and knows the job better than anyone else. Also the other players look up to him and believe in his leadership. Andrew Flintoff did a fine job as captain in Vaughan's absence and in difficult circumstances, and we really appreciate him for that."

Also, when asked about the decision to pick Alastair Cook ahead of Ian Bell, Graveney said:"Both of them are talented cricketers, and are very much in our plans. However we can just pick one of them in this squad of twelve, and we decided to go with Alastair Cook, as he seems to be very solid and firm with the bat, and technically strong. Now its upto him to establish himself in the team with a good performance."

story29jo.jpg

The only question that remains now, is that, who between Paul Collingwood and Alastair Cook will feature in the final XI.

England's squad for first test:
Michael Vaughan (Captain)
Andrew Flintoff (Vice Captain)
Marcus Trescothick
Andrew Strauss
Alastair Cook
Paul Collingwood
Kevin Pietersen
Geraint Jones (Wicketkeeper)
Monty Panesar
Simon Jones
Steve Harmison
Matthew Hoggard

kookaburra69

International Coach
yes great start mate,england will be happy to have vaughn,flintoff and jones back.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Whoah! What drugs did Jones take? All this talk about him missing the Ashes and here he is playing again?!:D Looking forward to how England perform.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
India touring party

Ganguly gets shock recall as Tendulkar is ruled out
The Indian test squad for the tour of England was announced today. Rahul Dravid will captain a 16-man side that is scheduled to play, besides tour games, three test matches against Michael Vaughan's England.

The biggest surprise in the squad was the inclusion of former captain Saurav Ganguly, who hasnt played for the national side since February. Another surprise was the selection of left arm seamer Zaheer Khan, who too has been out of action for a while. Sachin Tendulkar, on the other hand has been ruled out from the entire tour after having failed to prove his fitness. Experienced batsman VVS Laxman retains his place in the side despite facing increased criticism over recent poor performances. Two wicketkeepers have been selected, with Dinesh Kaarthick acting as back-up to Mahendra Singh Dhoni.

22a24.jpg

The selection panel, including coach Greg Chappell, announce the squad

Chief selector, Kiran More explains his decision to select Ganguly and Zaheer, saying:"Both have a good track record in England and are used to the conditions there. Since playing England in England is tough, the experience of both these players from previous tours will be vital for the team. Zaheer also has been in good form in the English county season."

India's test squad:
Rahul Dravid (Captain)
Virender Sehwag (Vice Captain)
Wasim Jaffer
V.V.S. Laxman
Yuvraj Singh
Mohammad Kaif
Sourav Ganguly
Mahendra Singh Dhoni
K. Dinesh Karthik
Irfan Pathan
Shanthakumaran Sreesanth
Munaf Patel
Vikram Rajvir Singh
Zaheer Khan
Anil Kumble
Harbhajan Singh

MWaugh

International Coach
ahhh welcome back chief. its great to have you back writing again. im sure your story will go straight to the top of the pile. all the best mate.

MWaugh

Users who are viewing this thread