more competitive AI using modified TeamAndPlayerInfo.bag [new v3.0: check first post]

ulukai

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
UPDATE: Attached is the last version of my AI patch - v3.0. This overrides both previous versions. See readme.txt included in zip.

Summary of changes:
- altered stats for following 8 teams: Aus, Eng, Ind, NZ, Pak, SA, SL, WI
- increased batting stats for timing (88-92), precision (90-95), control (88-92) of batsman, dropping power a bit (60-75). [improves AI batting considerably, esp. in tests and 30-over ODIs where it slogs less]
- increased bowling stats for accuracy (85-90), swing (85-95), seam (85-95) [also turn off bowling pitch indicator to make batting tougher]
- increased fielding stats for all fielders to 99 [improves AI fielding only, does not make catching easier for yourself]
- see readme.txt to adjust slider settings for user team. (You need to drop stats significantly to make it difficult for yourself)

Things it does NOT fix: (it seems only an official patch can fix these)
- AI running b/w the wickets still crazy at times
- AI pacing still not great when chasing totals
- Run-rate high even in Tests

Attachments

• Ulukai-TeamAndPlayerInfo-v3.zip
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,283
Last edited:

Mars Maximus

International Coach
lol you not see my screenshots in lazys thread showing how I increased players up tp 99 ?

I just highlighted the figures and tpyed in 99 or 75 or 50 or wotever lol

anyone want my bag file? just edited aus and eng though lol

Last edited:

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
chesnut and barmy's innovation has added a different dimension to this game.
cheers !

ulukai

Club Cricketer
Allrounder18 said:
If I remeber correctly lazy editor only allows to decrease attributes not increase, cud you explain how did you increase the players attributes ?

you can just enter them manually :)

pingusten

Club Cricketer
I've been running the game with each attribute on 65% and power on 100%, and found that pretty realistic, although if anything the AI gets out to quick. Maybe if you take yours down 5-10% or so you might hit the sweet spot?

Playing with your tweaks however have really widened the game. Good work mate :p

ulukai

Club Cricketer
pingusten said:
I've been running the game with each attribute on 65% and power on 100%, and found that pretty realistic, although if anything the AI gets out to quick. Maybe if you take yours down 5-10% or so you might hit the sweet spot?

Playing with your tweaks however have really widened the game. Good work mate :p

yrw :)..also your spot on about dropping %ges a bit to get more realistic run-rates..

I'm experimenting w/ that..will post an updated version later

pingusten

Club Cricketer
formula1man said:
well i use these rules to make it harder for me

After reading those, I think you really should try the editor. Theres no point bowling no leg cutters etc. when you can widen the experience 100 times more with the Ulukai .bag

formula1man

International Cricketer
pingusten said:
After reading those, I think you really should try the editor. Theres no point bowling no leg cutters etc. when you can widen the experience 100 times more with the Ulukai .bag
i've got a ps2 without a chip so i can't edit.

fahad12001

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
fast and medium pacers Bowling speed is very high

i have played with this edited file and mostly i miss the balls because bowling speed is very high for fast and medium pace bowlers. is there any sloution for this??

Users who are viewing this thread