Story England's World Cup Dream:England vs. Zimbabwe: England make good start!

Where will England finish in the World Cup?

• Total voters

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
attachment.php

Cricket World Cup 2007
cricket_world_cup.jpg
After a disastrous time in the Ashes, England now have the world cup to look forward to. Coach Duncan Fletcher?s job is under scrutiny with Peter Moores being linked to take over. Duncan knows that this will be his last chance to win the world cup as a coach. England expects and players do to, the captain Michael Vaughan knows the side has to do well to get the Ashes monkey off their back. In this documentary, we follow England as they travel through the West Indies in search of World Cup glory.
Throughout this documentary we will have exclusive player interviews, match statistics, match action and even the view of the Barmy Army. With England hoping to do well, only time will tell whether they cut the mustard, with players now playing for their future.

Last edited:

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
another England story. lol.
just another story where I (ozzy) watch England lose lol.
hope they do well, me thinks this might be the ultimate story of all time

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Don't forget i'm in here as well, I will do the GFX, reports and I will get the downloads too.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Looks good to me! Two guys emigrating from the Other Games Stories forum! Should be very interesting to see if you can emulate the disaster of the real World Cup in 2007 :p

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
attachment.php

England Announce their squad for the up and coming world cup

crick.jpg
Today, England?s world cup squad was announced with a few surprises in the squad. Worcestershire?s Vikram Solanki and Simon Jones, Middlesex?s Ed Joyce, Essex?s Ravi Bopara, Somerset?s Ian Blackwell and Durham?s Liam Plunkett were all handed recalls to the squad. David Graveney announced this squad:
Michael Vaughan (Captain)
Andrew Strauss
Alistair Cook
Vikram Solanki
Ed Joyce
Ian Bell
Kevin Pietersen
Ravi Bopara
Matt Prior (wicketkeeper)
Owais Shah
Paul Collingwood
Andrew Flintoff
Ian Blackwell
Dimitri Mascarenhas
Monty Panesar
Liam Plunkett
Simon Jones
James Anderson
Ryan Sidebottom
Stuart Broad

England have packed in the batters and strike bowlers to try and get comfortable wins. The only shock is that they only take one wicketkeeper in Matt Prior who has been in great form with Tim Ambrose being left out all together.
david_graveney.jpg

England chief Selector David Graveney

David Graveney had this to say to Sky Sports after he announced the squad ?We?ve gone for this squad for the experience and the exceptional talent as we believe that this would get us the world cup glory which we tragically need to get the fans to back us again after our poor showing in the Ashes?. On a question about Duncan Fletcher?s future in the England Job, he had this to say ?I certainly don?t believe that his job is under threat in any way and personally I don?t think it?s right to put the media spotlight on the coach when we have a fantastic squad that needs the support from the media. This probably will affect the side?s confidence if this continues so I expect it to stop for the good of the squad?.

England?s group is an easy looking group with New Zealand, Canada and Kenya contesting for the top 2 spaces to get to the super 8s. But it all depends how well the side gel together and have the toughest match of the group with New Zealand their first opponent and then have Canada and Kenya afterwards. The Barmy Army will all travel to the games will certainly hope that England get through the group stages. There is one thing for sure though, if England don? get through the group stages, many players and staffs jobs will be under scrutiny.

My other reporter Kieron Tierney will have an interview with a top England player in the next report.

Bobby Bob Reporting 3/6/08 18:48pm

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
they will make it to the Super 8.
nice last option, i realize some one pick it :)

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
attachment.php

INTERVIEW WITH STUART BROAD
IB: Hello Stuart, how do you feel after being picked for the England World Cup squad?
SB: I feel delighted, I didn't expect to be playing with the likes of Pietersen, Strauss, Flintoff and Monty Panesar.
IB: Do you feel you can help England to win the World Cup this year?
SB: Yes, of course I feel I can play a part in it, if I didn't I wouldn't want to play in the tounament at all.
IB: Do you feel you can be as good as your dad, Chris Broad?
SB: If I play for a good few years and play a part in England's set up then yeah, I think I can win battle of the Broads.
IB: Who are you looking forward to be bowling at in the World Cup?
SB: I really want to bowl at, Ponting, Gilchrist, Tendulkar, Inzamam - ul -Haq, Brian Lara and Mahela Jayawardene.
IB: Who is the best commentator on Sky Sports?
SB: Bumble, definately.
IB: So thanks Stuart for taking time to speak to us and good luck in the West Indies.
SB: Thanks a lot Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread